Which teams were best at saving? (Hint: it's not who you think) Get the key stats, thanks to Opta, for the entire tournament
• Get the data
• Data journalism and data visualisations from the Guardian
Spain has won Euro 2012 in dramatic style. But how did they perform as far as the data goes?
Thanks to Andy Cotgreave of Tableau, here's how it looks:
Here's some of the key data:
• England made 22 saves - more than any other team with Joe Hart the top keeper
• Meanwhile, England were ranked tenth for passing accuracy, behind Sweden, Ukraine, Denmark and Russia. Netherlands and Spain came top
• 1'14'' - Juan Mata is the fastest substitute to score at Euro 2012, only 1 minute & 14 seconds after coming onto the pitch
• 130 - Minutes per goal conceded by England at Euro 2012, only Spain (one every 570 minutes) had a better rate
• 9 - Iker Casillas equalled Edwin van der Sar's record for clean sheets at the Euros
• Spain's winning margin of four goals is the biggest ever recorded in a World Cup or European Championship final
• Fernando Torres is the first player to score in two European Championship finals
• 692 - Spain passes per 90 minutes at Euro 2012, over 100 more than at the 2010 World Cup (588)
The full data is below. What can you do with it?