Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
World Cup Dodgy Conspiracy Theories
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
If you had to play your games in the baking African heat, would you rather play in the midday sun, or in the evening? The evening, yeah? It's obvious. I noticed that most teams of the 32 have a good mix of noon, afternoon and evening games.

You would think every team should play one game at 1pm, one at 4pm and one at 7 or whenever it is, African time. However, some teams play two at 7pm, one at 4pm. How can that be fair?

Any thoughts on whether you think this might make a difference, or do you have any other dodgy conspiracy theories?
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Well it could be fair because it is the winter there and it was 40 degrees Fahrenheit last night.... I just did a quick search and found that the afternoon game played by South Africa and Mexico was a "baking African" 55 degrees Fahrenheit.

Wouldn't say the heat is going to play into this very much lol

The high will be 64 and the low 43
Arron (Arsenal) 3 years ago
It's only like 35 - 40 degree that as its nearly winter over there. Soliders fight in Afghan in 50degrees heat fully clothed. So I don't think footballers can blame the heat
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
LMAO.... Ant. Good one...
That's 35-40 degrees Celcius, Aaron; That's like 90-100 degrees Fahrenheit, which is, insanely hot. The low is 36 F, though. So the soliders have good and bad days.

So really, Afghan is a lot hotter on average. Nearly half.

I guess, though there IS a disadvantage to night games. It was 40 F last night (sorry to those used to Celsius.... Or Kelvin? ) which is basically the average temperature at night, but it dips down below freezing at night occasionally.... According to wikipedia lol. But if you are playing a night game and it start diping from 40 to freezing I would say warmer countries are at a definite disadvantage
.... Conspiracy!
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Against Warmer countries!
This is how Mexico lost!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football