Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
World Cup 2010 - Teams Through
Matt (Footytube Staff) 5 years ago
Here is a list of all the teams that are currently through to the World Cup finals can't believe how excited I am already and it's 8 months away!

Hosts
South Africa

Africa qualifying
Ghana
Ivory Coast
{Edit: 14/11}
Nigeria
Cameroon

Asia qualifying
Australia
Japan
North Korea
South Korea

Europe qualifying
Denmark
England
Germany
Italy
Netherlands
Serbia
Slovakia
Spain
Switzerland

South america qualifying
Brazil
Paraguay
Chile
Argentina

North, central america AND qualifying
United States
Mexico
Honduras

{Edit: 14/11}
Asia/oceania play-off
New Zealand

These teams will be joined by the winners of the knockout stages. Hopefully we will see Portugal, France and Ireland make it through from the Europe pool.

Despite early fears that Argentina wouldn't make it, it's good to see they got their heads down and booked their spots. The finals needs teams like this to make it even more impressive when England romp home to win it!

Senny (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Don't forget about New Zealand from the Ocenia group who is battling it out with the Fith best qualifier from Asia, Bahrain. The first leg in Bahrain was a 0-0 draw with the return leg in Wellington on the 16th of November. It's already a sell out and I'm actually going to the game. Couldn't wait. Go the ALL whites
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I'll be working at this match as a stretcher bearer, sitting right at the edge of the pitch, so keep an eye out for me
Thabstar (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Are any of you guys comin' 2 our side of da world 2 watch da best world cup toumnt ever?
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Here's a constantly updated list of the teams through from each continent and how they do it:

Link: www.fifa.com/worldcup/qualifiers/index.html...
To be honest with you, it looks like Matt's list is from FIFA aswell.

P.S I recommend it for anyone trying to find out stuff about qualifiers, rankings, and even the club leagues. Great site (unfortunately doesn't beat footytube )
SoundersFC23 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
A sleeper to watch out for is the netherlands. Even though they tore through the qualifications not many are talking about them. They could be dangerous come june
Blooob (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I hope is one of the best world cups. This is something special for the African continent. I hope that this sparks something there and they will be more able to help themselves in the years too come. Maybe some more of those countries will become more stable and will put in a bid to host a world cup
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Even though Ireland came second in their group (who had Italy in it) and were unbeaten for the entire qualifying round, they were unseeded so have been drawn to play against France. France, who won it ten years ago and who were finalists last time around.

Matches take place Nov 14th in Dublin and four days later in Paris
MyRaJ (Barcelona) 5 years ago
For me will be another tour that Romania will not play the game, disappointed all the team, I hope at least to be a great show this tour, I will support Brazil....
Shghal (Borussia Dortmund) 5 years ago
I hope to see:

Egypt, Tunisia, cameron.

Portugal, France, Russia, Bossna.

Uroguay.

Jamesearlgreen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I want to see Qatar in there! They invest so much into their football team and academies
Hulanji14 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Shghal let me reminder you that Portugal and Bosnia are playing together so one of them will come to the World Cup. I hope Bosnia wins
Yeah hulanji, you are right  And also I hope Bosnia wins
Aeaglan (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Egypt are going to have to pull off a heavy 3-0 win against Algeria if they want to secure a spot in the World cup. I expect nothing less from the current squad.

We have been crowd African champions in the last two occasions. We have won that tournament more times than any other African team. Clearly put, they have their best team in their history. Anything less than 2-0 win would be an underachievement, more over a disaster.
May the best team win
Monrovia (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Why only five teams go through from africa it is a big continent there should be more and also from asia
Aeaglan (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Monrovia, football has more politics than the white house.... FIFA wants to make room for Europe's big nations somehow! Did you hear about how they changed the seeding for the qualifiers in the last minute to favor France and Portugal?
You are right monrovia, they must be more

All people know that africa nations have fantastic players
And all great clubs have african players.

It`s unfair to be just five nations
Vivaldi (AC Milan) 5 years ago
13 european nations out of 32 is a good deal. Europe is the home of world football.
It is not only about representation, you have to ensure a high level of the competition. Allowing 10 asian or african nations would bring absolutely rubbish teams to the world cup, while 5 spots enable only the best nations to qualify.
Then of course UEFA is the most powerful football association, and we can argue about that, but that is a consequence of the dominant level of european football, not a cause.
That's why for example Oceania hasn't got any spot, but the winner has to battle with an asian nation for qualifying.
It`s unfair,  Please, don`t argue and you know you are wrong.
Vivaldi (AC Milan) 5 years ago
No no, you are wrong.
Look at Germany 2006. Out of the 5 african nations that participated, 2 (Ivory Coast and Ghana) played an outstanding football, really awesome.
But 3 of them (Tunisia, Togo, Angola) proved totally unable to play at decent levels.

Out of the 14 european nations, 10 reached the round of 16. And the 4 semifinalists were all european nations.

Now, what is fair? To exclude arbitrarily 6-7 european teams, to be replaced by african teams?
Imagine what will be the average level of the competition.
When the number of asian/african good national teams will reach that of european teams, we will discuss about that.
To have 5 african teams (half of which result able to play) for now is more than enough!

It is like saying: why on earth Spain England and Italy have 4 teams in Champions League, while Iceland only 1 (starting from the very beginning of the preliminary rounds)?
If you want to mantain a high level, you have to do like this. The better you are, the more you get.
It's life, baby
Baby ! Lol

Sure, there are European nations stronger than African nations such as Spain, Holland, both also stronger than Poland and Serbia and Belgium.

I didn`t say is the equivalent of Africa with Europe in the number of teams.
I don`t want to take 6, 7 places from Europe to Africa, but only 2, 3 places.

In Africa, there are very good teams like : Ivory Coast, Egypt, Ghana, Morocco, Nigeria, Cameroon, Tunisia, Angola, Senegal and Algeria
Burri (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I agree with you Shghal, there should be 2 or 3 more places for Africa. There should be some kind of equalies...
Ssaandy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Mmmmmmmmm  Sorry vivaldi, i`m with shghal  It`s un fair that 12 to us & 5 to africa
[account-removed] 5 years ago
Vivaldi, with all due respect, your logic is ridiculous. Let me get this, what you are saying is that Europe should have double the qualifying spots of Africa because statistically they have the best teams? Common, frankly I don't care how good European teams are, its a world tournament, so every nation in the would should have an equal chance of qualifying. Lets be logical. Nigeria is not playing the best football they've ever played, but its a good team. Nigeria is second place in their group but they might not even make it to the world cup, only 1st place teams qualify. With Europe its different. Its hardly fair Vivaldi. Personally, I believe the world cup would be even more thrilling, if the quarter finals werent so dominated with European teams. Ivory Coast, Egypt, Ghana, Morocco, Nigeria, Cameroon, Tunisia, Angola, Senegal and Algeria can give any European team a challenge for sure. 2 to 3 qualifying spots please FIFA. My team Nigeria has lost none of their qualifiers, but they probably will not make it to the world cup
Congratulation Ronaldinho, Tunisia lose & Nigeria qualify to SA...
Thanks Shghal. It was an absolute miracle, God helped us, our team has done nothing. What team do you support (national)
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Argentina are through. All I can say. They did enough. Is it good or bad? lol
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
In some ways bad. Well.... They will make a good easy opponents in the group stages now
All that matters is to qualify to the World Cup and they did it
Anyone who is going to South Africa in 2010 wc?
Monrovia (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I am plannin to
Babaluga (Barcelona) 5 years ago
I will go to dozens of pubs to watch the matches. Not in SA
I really want to go but...
I like watching games from my flatscreen than going to the stadium
Ssaandy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I`m afraid of SA and its security....) = (
Xavy053 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
This is great for africa, I think african teams are getting stronger as the days go by
I agree,  'cause the african players took the experiences from big european clubs.
Zzlatan (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Well that will be exciting to watch worldcup matches.  It will be more like a festival.
Jamesearlgreen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
The World Cup is an amazing spectacle!
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Well I hope the African teams will have an impact maybe make the semis for the first time in history or even better the final. And I hope luck is on Nigerias side for our final group game so we can go through. And I think in the future african teams should also have play offs. Because I think its gay all this overrated eurpians teams like france and portugal still get to have a chance
YES! I couldn't agree more. Haha Nigeria has played just as good as France if not better, and France will probably qualify. I hope FIFA makes a few changes nex time
Derby22 (Derby County) 5 years ago
These teams are definitley going through and have a chance of winning the world cup 2010:
England, Argentina, Brazil, Italy, Erm.... Definitley spain, Neteherlands, Denmark and erm.... South Africa!
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 5 years ago
Europe strongest.... Should be England, Brazil, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, USA, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Egypt, .... My finals pick is Italy and Ivory Coast.... And no I did not put any money down on that pick!.... Lol.... I might be dumb but I'm not stupid!
Fablee (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Man really hope portugal makes it ay fodes! They better -_-"

Kick4Life - changing lives through football