Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
World Cup 2010 Live Comment
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 4 years ago
Basically you can comment on anything you like such as the world cup is on if you thought a player was good/rubbish?
Games you might be excited about or a game or you have just seen a match and have an opinion.... Anything to with the World Cup you like

Before each game, if you are the first user to comment on the fixture then type the following at the top of your post:

TEAM A v TEAM Z
Kickoff: 0:00

Etc
Lumileppardi (Swansea City) 4 years ago
Suárez & Forlán 71 goals between them this season - Les Bleus will get it! Vamos uruguay tonight! Also, though I usually support Latin American countries, I hope Bafana Bafana takes the opening game tonight
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Half time here. SA could steal this one unless Mexico keep their head. New Zealand tv hosts and pundits are disastrously bad.

Astounding call for the Mexico offside goal
Hill (Arsenal) 4 years ago
.... I must have missed the offsides goal then? I only saw one that was clearly off.... What was the other?
Berryblaze (Juventus) 4 years ago
In order to be onside the attacker needs to be behind or level with the second last opponent, which is usually the last outfield player, but in this case the keeper was ahead of Vela when he received the ball and actually played him offside...
Exactly correct, the keeper rushed out beyond two Mexican players, so when they passed the ball, there was only one defender ahead of them, which is offside
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Mexico dominated the first half.

The attack and pace is break-neck, Mexico is at times over-indulgent in their dribbles.

South Africa had lots of luck going their way, we have seen the offside disallowed goal given in the past.

And where the helluva is G. Ochoa? Perez looks like a second rate keeper whichever way I look at him
Mexico defence seems to mark ball rather than space, that's why we keep seeing SA players in a position where there's no defenders marking them...
Javier Aguirre has undone everything in his qualifying rounds by not sticking with the keeper that brought them to World cup. Has he decided in a few weeks that Perez is better than Ochoa who played for most of the last rounds of qualifying?
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
True, Mexico must try to mark players, SA are looking free flowing in the counter punches.  

Oscar Perez: 'Watch out for my jokes, I'm an absolute joker, Barthez in disguise!'
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Mexico is playing awful they need to change this quickly, and take out franco that hasnt done anything and find some1 to help dos santos
Wow Modise is rubbish
Finally franco is out, game should change now
37 year old Blanco doesn't look much like the game rescuer. Seems to be like a Beckham/England kind of hopefulness. We'll see though, 20 mins left or so
Mexico ties the game! Now it should get interesting!
OFF THE POST! Such a pity, incredible counter attacking by S Africa. I think they deserve this. Heart stopping stuff
1-1 was probably fair. Perfect start to the world cup. Goals, controversial offside goal, quick breaks
Lumileppardi (Swansea City) 4 years ago
I agree with you on the start bit, but there was nothing controversial about the offside goal - it went by the book....

Rsa seemed to be in the wrong tournament in the beginning as they didn't seem to be able to get out of their own half, but they found their self-confidence and pace and made a match out of it....
Denied by the cross bar, at the 89th min!Mphela could have had an exceptional finish, but oh!That is disastrous defending from the Mexicans, I suppose, every counter attack seem way too easy for the Africans....

Full time, all square.
Not a bad start, we had it all-last minute cross bar rattling, strange refereeing, and an over-all a fairly offensive match....
Looking forward to France vs Uruguay now....
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
1-1, I wasn't expecting a draw but it's good enough.... I have to say South Africa were playing much better than I thought they would....

I'm waiting for Uruguay bs France to start now, it going to be at 4:00am! How annoying luckily it's a Saturday morning and we have a public holiday on Monday so Ican watch Germany bs Australia!
Yeah, me too. Adelaide gonna' start at 4 as well.... Wonder should I nap a couple of hours first? Or persevere through...
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Lol I had a 1 hour nap  
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
A tragic ending considering SA had a couple of good breakaways. Still an excellent outing, though. They looked terrible the first half from the nerves; the second they were starting to click.

Mexico was shut down for the whole first half, possession aside. The SA defence held, albeit the bad offside call. I was really surprised by there keepers and backs disposessing in the box so well. And there were a lot of clean challenges, I'll admit a few sloppy ones popped up, but SA didn't make any foolish mistakes or not many. A good first game for SA, but Mexico should have done better.

Are we predicting South Africa and Uraguay to beat out this group or Mexico and France? Or some other mix?

*Edit: Mexico's best attempt was offsides. Read my below comment
I hope SA and Mexico goes through. France? Nah...
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
I am going to assume that RSA will frustrate the other teams they play against to either a draw or close to it. Where as Mexico and Uruguay have a good chance at beating the French. Then again a lot of motion was halted by the ridiculous call on the offside goal for Mexico

I hope Uruguay and RSA advance, but I wouldn't mind if one of those teams was Mexico
I just heard about that offsides call. It WAS offsides: the rule states it's the last 2nd to last defender, not necessarily the goalkeeper, that will get you call for offsides. Mexico was beyond the 2nd to last defender, even with 1 more on the line. Good call!
KNVBKOP (Liverpool) 4 years ago
True. It was offside. It is the second last defender that makes the offsaid (goalie is considered a defender)
Also I wouldn't miss France. Right now they aren't really making a great case, whereas Uruguay is soo close to breaking them down.... Forlan just needs to get past and it's 1-0
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I'm in a campsite in Rustenburg watching this game, with loads of England fans waiting for the game tommorow at 8pm. It's actually quite cold lmao. Also it was packed in Joburg yesterday I thought I was gonna' get crushed
Mauijim (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Footy's voice on the street. Cool. Thanks for the post
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 4 years ago
Must have been Deaf by the time you left
Awesome, keep the updates coming
Arron (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Wow you're are so lucky Rob12.... Jealous much

Kick4Life - changing lives through football