Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
World Cup 2010 Live Comment
Hithere (Manchester United) 4 years ago
New Zealand to win the World Cup! Final is against North Korea obviously
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
As likely as Ireland taking it I'm afraid...
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Apparently that's FIFAs nightmare final, financially. Lowest possible viewership
Not to mention they would have to censor the entire crowd and insert loads of false-Korean fans, since they didn't actually allow any to go.

Meanwhile Ireland will be so crazy with joy they will set their TV vendors on fire in a large alcohol fire
NZ were 1000-1 to win the tournament before the game.... Now more like 100000 to 1
Never tell me the odds.    Come on New Zealand, you can do it!
Slovakia look like they want this win far far more than NZ, who I guess are just happy to be there
5 mins left, nothing happened at all since the goal. Not even sure if there was a free kick
New Zealand header! Almost...
YESSSSS! AMAZING
4 years ago
Wow. Superb stuff
HOLY ZOMG!1111! First goal in 28 years for NZ according to commentator
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
NEW ZEALAND! YES YES YES!
I'll take that point. New Zealands first ever point in the World cup. Ah, well worth staying up for
The New Zealand pundits are basically jumping around and screaming, saying "Best ever result in NZ football history!"
Lol.... What time is it there? It's only 9:22pm here
Almost 1. 30am here in Wellington! No-one can believe it
Ironically, considering Hitheres opening comment above, all the pundits and tv crew are saying it feels like they just won the world cup!
Almost 730Am here. First matches start at 530am for me
Golaire (Bayern München) 4 years ago
I hate my team, definitely not going to bother waking up at four in the morning to see them fail against Paraguay Sunday
For me the matches are at 7:30pm, 10pm and 2:30am.... Perfect times (well, maybe except for the last match)
I'm ready for another day! World Cup time.... New Zealand vs. Slovakia.... Hopefully entertaining?
Game of the Century
I hear there's some hot-shot from Middlesbrough on the New Zealand squad. He may even complete a pass
NZ are looking like they might grab a goal here. Anyones game. A game full of blunders though
The way the GK miskicked the ball was hilarious. What's with all these GK errors in this world cup, anywway?
Henry actually perfected a way of kicking a ball the wrong way similar to that.... Kind of like (cliche pun here)
Keep an eye on Lockhead, the curly haired NZ defender in left back. I almost wish he was left back in New Zealand (Ha! Ha!) because I see him play every week for the Phoenix and he's nervous, clumsy, loves to hoof the ball upfield aimlessly and is very, very prone to blunders and terrible tackles. He's already booked - I call that by the end, he'll be off. Might even give away a penalty.

I do hope theres a goal
Slovakia's the better team, they are at least trying to play some brand of tasteful football. 2nd halfs starting now...
I predicted a 3-1 win for Slovakia before the match. But the way this is going, I highly doubt 4 goals gonna' be scored in the 2nd half.... Lol

Time to revise my prediction.... Umm.... 2-0 for slovakia? At least one goal from a blunder
Theres something quite enjoyable about watching the WC logged into footytube, with a laptop. This live comment topic is great
GOOOOALLLLL
Golgolgolgolgolgolgollllll    Bout time
New Zealand now need to show the ruthlessness and predatory instinct of their national bird, the almost extinct.... Kiwi
Grandads injured
I never noticed before that the New Zealand anthem sounds so much like vuvuzelas
See though, it was that same temperament that got the Kiwi into the mess it's in....

Couldn't take on the gangs of Penguin, I reckon.
Vladdy almost caught NZ sleeping a few times.... Good runs
Just like the kiwi, NZ look slow and toothless. The commentator just said that a 1-0 loss would be NZs best ever result in a world cup
Sovietski05 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Pepe needs to learn how to pass.... The Italians need to learn how to pass, but moreso Pepe looks quite selfish in my eyes
Sharpoon (Hull City) 4 years ago
I thought pepe was pretty poor
He was active, but I mean.... Ugh. Stale stale stale stale stale
Well, so much for my cleansheet bonuses 1-1. I think Italy is gonna' win this match now. They're pushing forward more now
Paraguay! Wow.... Italia you have some work to do.    Now hopefully we will see some Italian attacking football.
Ltm017 4 years ago
LOVE it! Yes I do!
MariusV (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I never thought I would see italy losing, now hopefully di natale can score.... Is he even on?
Ethiogunner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
It amazes me how much the Italians keep up with there diving reputation!
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Did you guys notice that in almost every game so far, a keeper has fumbled the ball? And usually at the times when they're not under pressure.... The Jabulani is a devil ball!
Its the irish curse demon
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Well if irelands not in the world cup, the irish curse demon is gonna' f**k it up bigstyle for everyone else, who do you think was behind the vuvuzelas, to torture and ruin everyones world cup.... I believe
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Well in robert greens case, lets just say he was crap, lets not credit the irish curse demon with every mistake made
CHELSEA61 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Sepp Blatter!
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yeah its the stupid damn ball!
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I don't care if it was a can that dempsey shot at green he still should have stopped it
Asian teams are performing and like I was talking with Juno, maybe and. Korea will defeat Brazil? LOL All I know is the ones you would expect to win except Germany have been both unconvincing and slightly boring football.... Bring ON italy vs paraguay!
Ltm017 4 years ago
I think Italy and Paraguay should be really interesting. At this Japan/Cameroon match was more interesting than the last match
I dunno.... It wasn't really boring for me. The 2nd half was quite exciting with cameroon constantly attacking
I mean as far as the average of actual intensity of play from the different countries. The determination of countries I saw was mostly from Uruguay actually, they pushed the pace of the match. Oh and Germany but that is a no brainer
100 dollars on North Korea stifling Brazil to a 0-0 draw!
We have a betting section on the front page lol you might want to talk to Carl about your wager LOL
Hahahha! I like losing money what can I say
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
OMFG! Japan who can't score in almost all their warm ups scores in the world cup!
From a great cross, and a great tap in! Go Japan! Lol
Arron (Arsenal) 4 years ago
This proves form isn't needed to win world cup matches
Or at least form in the Friendlies and qualification rounds
Why they bother doing friendlies?
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 4 years ago
Great result for Japan held out for the win. Cameroon got their tactics wrong
Golaire (Bayern München) 4 years ago
Miserable from Cameroon, but congratulations to Japan, their first World Cup win on foreign soil
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Cameroon played their final 10 minutes with all their spirit, and I kinda feel sorry for them.
They created 3 big chances (one denied by cross bar!) in their final 10 minutes
Highburykev (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Japan boss reckons Holland will be tougher to get something out of and he is pinning it all and the Denmark game. His post match interview was very calm and he was praising the defensive play and the controlled manner a lot. Would say it was a great performance.... Never a tap-in Lyndon son, not with that much time as he had to control it, and get a shot in before defender arrived and keeps came out. Well done Okada, Honda, Okubo, Misato, Nakamura, Inamoto, Kawashima and co. Lets see if you can mane the quarters as predicted by Okada before the World Cup started!
Ganbare Nippon! I am so shocked by the result! I was absolutely sure I would see Etoo bang in like 4 goals past Kawashima with a couple of own-goals by Tulio.... What is the team clad in blue? Taking shots and defending? That's not the Japan team I know...
That is totally unfair Juno! Japan scored 3 times in the warm-up game against England....

Twice they were own goals, but give credit where it is due please.
Ltm017 4 years ago
Song is one of their best player why are they not playing him? Is he injured or something? Wow maybe saving him for the other matches maybe?
Apparently before this match the manager had an "idea"
Ltm017 4 years ago
I think that was a complete mistake.... He does a lot for them
Result shows that Eto'o on the right was a big mistake just 'cause he plays for Inter their doesn't mean he is a better player on the right side
Ltm017 4 years ago
I agree. They looked so confused whoever their coach is he is not doing a good job. They are all over the place.... It was just bad to watch because from it you saw they just need someone to manage them right
The game has ended with 2-0! Wooh! Go netherlands! But agger misses out on the cleansheet in my dreamfooty but van der vaart gets 3 points for it!
I have Kuyt and he scored and played the full match.
They took off my RVP who didn't score waaah! Football is so cruel
Ltm017 4 years ago
I think Japan v Cameroon is going to be a very interesting match. More exciting than this
Yeah, waiting for a Japanese massacre...
I won't be watching this, physics classes rolling upfront. Ugh  But I'll sure be up till midnight to support the Azzurri!
Hmm maybe.... Don't if I'm gonna' watch it though.... It's gonna' start at 12am and I have school tomorow....  
Ltm017 4 years ago
LOL.... World Cup makes people lose sleep!
I've stayed up to watch Denmark vs Holland and almost wish I hadn't! One shot each on target, half time. It's like both are so scared thay'll concede a goal, no-one wants to really push for a win.

Suits me, I have a dutch keeper and danish defender in WC Dreamfooty
Ltm017 4 years ago
Yeah I agree. It is not what I expected. I think one needs to score to put fire under the other team. Then everyone is going to push to win.... Otherwise it will just continue like this
I came rushing from school to watch this match, thinking that it would be exciting.... Well, I was wrong again. Fail
Yawn~~~~
OWN GOAL!  Still, not the exact dutch performance I was hoping for.  I am now afraid that Netherlands will opt to sit back, eww....
We are watching comedy on show...
Lucky for me my Danish defender is NOT Poulsen. I lose the 'clean sheet' though
Its a world cup of howlers. Shocking
Ltm017 4 years ago
Why wasn't it agger own goal? It probably would have went out for a corner if the back of his head didn't touch it
Yeah, LTM, I was wondering the same too.... Good for Ant, I guess. I'm almost sure that Agger is the danish defender in Ant's DF.
50 yard diagonal passes by the Danish are just not working and they have absolutely no plan be
I'm starting to wonder if the Germans and Dutch swapped DNA before the tourney...
I guess they have swapped it with the Italians...
I wonder what's wrong with RVP, wasted a handful of chances....
So bad he was substituted....
Come on Agger, take another shot
I'm hugely impressed by Elia (spelling?) what a skilful talent
Yeah, instant boost to a rather stale offense. I already knew he is a big talent, I started watching him right after he was linked with Liverpool
Typical Dirk Kuyt goal!  More credits to Elia and Sneijder!
Netherland played better after RVP left the pitch
That's why I like Kuyt. 100% workrate. How with two defenders ahead of him was he first to the ball? Should have been Elia's, but good goal
The last ten minutes have been fascinating since RVP was taken off. Good riddance!
Not many like Kuyt, but I like how he poaches goals. Much like Pippo. These kind of players do nothing but touch the ball into the net, it needs a killer instinct, and its harder than it looks
Ltm017 4 years ago
I know The Dutch made some good subs! It really has helped. This is how the entire match should have been played like these last ten minutes...
Ltm017 4 years ago
Maybe its the ball....
Well my keeper got his clean sheet, that's something. Otherwise apart from the last ten minutes it was a bit of a nothing match. An own goal and a tap in from two yards out.

Netherlands don't look like they would tear a team like Spain or Germany apart so I can't really see them winning this
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Can't wait for the games tomorrow. The only game I will be able to watch live is the Denmark vs Netherlands game. Should be interesting. I will have to wake up at 4:30 but its worth it. Also the Italy vs Paraguay should be interesting. Hopefully the national teams don't get scared of losing in their first game and actually play to their full potential
I kind of like the games being at late times like 4am.... Its really cool how everyone stays up to watch it...
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Yea. It also benefits me because now I get to school on time. Lol. But yea it is amazing how people watch those games. I wonder what are the ratings for those games
That was one of the most saddest match for Australia....

Damn you germany!

Australia were actually playing really good at the start until the goals started coming, they lost confidence.... But still if it was a different team other than Germany like Ghana or Serbia I think they could have won it....

I am just so annoyed at Germany and the Vuvuzelas made it worse!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football