Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
World Cup 2010 Live Comment
Hill (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Is it just me, or have there been more own goals than goals from beyond the 18 or even the 6 yard box (headers don't count haha)?!
MOER7 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I don't get really : /
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 4 years ago
I think you are right! I was just wondering does Messi get an assist for the own goal? I have Higuian as my star striker I was ready to jump through the TV when Maradona pulled him from the game around the 80th minute
Eric (Manchester United) 4 years ago
No assist I don't think, nor does he get one from the shot off of the post to Higuain (had a sniff of offsides to it I think)
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 4 years ago
Definitly offsides but I will gladlty take the points now if he was playing for Madrid I would have a fit!
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
ARGENTINA VS KOREA
Post all comments about this match as replies to this

OWN GOAL!

Heck, why was I bewildered? It is just a daily sight this WC...
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Argentina ! Argentina ! Argentina ! Hell yeah
Korea is gunned down by Higuain now
Lee Choung Young responds late!  Fatal error from Demichelis, things should be interesting in the second half, wahey!
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Incredible end to the half. At 2-1 its anyones game and if Korea can sneak one more this will be a fascinating match. K are so technical, vs Argentinas flair, its a perfect example of what World cup football should be.

Totally loving this match
Aye Ant, good match so far.
Argentina, apart from that error, are playing beautifully, not like I thought. I thought Maradona would mess things up, whoa I was wrong by lightyears!
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Fantastic match! Terrible mistake at the end but otherwise Argentina have really turned it on
Take nothing away from the Korean player, who spotted the defender losing concentration, and burst in to not only steal the ball but finish it beautifully...
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Absolutely, well played by the Korean! Should never have happened though...
The stupid referee keeps blocking the way...
MariusV (Manchester United) 4 years ago
It's deffinetly a great match, argentina are all over them, hopefully we see more goals
Higuain scores again! What a sitter
There's almost nothing at all that I like about Heinze. He dives, he complains about everything, he just got booked for handling the ball for no reason. Horrible guy
Who has Higuain as a star striker in dreamfooty I wonder!
Hey hey hey! All the goals are coming now! Keep on rolling boys!
The second half wasn't anywhere as near as entertaining, but still a decent spectacle
Hithere (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Whoever has Higuain as a star player in their dreamfooty squad is gonna' be very happy
Good point, I wish I had said that, three posts ago!
MOER7 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Impressed O-O Argentina woowww    And higuian O-o why not in madrid also?
Mauijim (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I'm loving Uruguay right now. Suarez needs to focus more on playing than falling, but all in all like how they are playing. Big match tomorrow Mexico/France. Looks to determine who is going through
CHELSEA61 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Bafana Bafana : Uruguay    -------------------------------------------------------------    Hope to see some scoring
Tshabalala! Great name. Hard to pronounce though
OMFG ! What a long shot! ! ! Fantastic goal from Forlan! !
Every player should take a look at Forlan's technique on the shot. There is a way to hit the ball right, maybe just not what they're used to
Ltm017 4 years ago
That was just ridiculous! I couldn't believe it when I saw it! Fantastic goal!
The T. V. Station that I'm watching the game on is controlling the vuvuzela noise. Only when South Africa have a free kick or a chance at goal do you hear them. The problem is that it sounds like only 2, 000 people and not 55, 000
Watching the replay of Forlan's goal caught spin of the defender's head
Schaudenfreude (Watford) 4 years ago
Forlan's goal was stupendous. Can't see SA coming back in this game
Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago
Bit annoyed that Forlan's goal took a deflection off Mokoena's head. Kind of takes a lot away from the goal imo....

Uruguay just had a big penalty shout turned down, my first instinct was that it was a penalty!
Penalty and a red! Ouch!
Hmm was Suarez offside?
Suarez made a meal out of the touch and got the keeper sent off.... Please, a slight touch, and the donkey fell ridiculously wide.... LOL...
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I still can't get over the goal. Could South Africa be the first host in history not to make it out the group stage
Great for Uruguay, sad for Bafana Bafana. Khune misses next match too. And Suarez was offside
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 4 years ago
How the hell could that be a red card and pen looked like a pure dive to me  Can't believe commentators were so in favour of that decision
Uruguay look like there going though. Forlan price tag has just had 15million added to it. Fantastic game by him
A heart breaker for the home crowd. Goal number 3, nice set up on he header
Half the home crowd had already left cause they are a bunch of fake fans lmao
Suarez had no intention to score there, he was playing for the penalty and played it well, just poking the ball beyond the keeper. Keeper made little contact but he still made contact and he was the last man so red-card for goal-scoring opportunity etc. I think the ref got it right.

Bit gutted for South Africa, didn't like seeing the fans leave the stadium after the penalty
Sharpoon (Hull City) 4 years ago
Could be south africas world cup over after that
That was real hard to watch. Despicable showing by the fans leaving after going down 2-0. Terrible dive by Suarez, he looked to be going down before the keeper even caught him. I really feel for Bafana Bafana.
Zosoholeh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
It was a red card and Suarez was not offside. The goalie hit his running foot throwing him out of stride. His back foot got caught and the inertia threw him forward. It was a good call, but I still feel bad for South Africa
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Well done, good match in general
That was not a good call
It was a little weak but either way he stopped a goal by fouling someone
Arron (Arsenal) 4 years ago
So the swiss can most likey win the rest of there games and top there group. Leaving Spain a massive task of facing Brazil in the Last 16. That be a fun game to watch
Spain may not even make it out of the group dude. Chile is a stronger team the the Swiss and could beat them. They'll also go into their match against Spain feeling confident as they had a promising game against Honduras. They will feel that if Switzerland can do they surely can as well. I wouldn't put Spain in the 2nd round yet. Especially after their woeful finishing they displayed
Well I hope they crash in the group stage
As do I. Only because I root against the favorites. Nothing against Spain.  
Chile look very strong. Don't count Spain out of anything yet. Spain have only lost 3 out of their last 51 international matches. We'll see some changes in tactics and rosters for some of the desperate teams
Yeah, but they have a HUGE hill to climb. They have to win their next two matches and hope Chile loses or draws against the Swiss
My gut feelings says Chile will beat Swiss, but Spain will definitely thrash Chile (Based on the gameplay, Chile's tactic will play right into Spain's hand)
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Swiss is a smart team, they studied tapes religiously of how to gate-crash Spain like the US did. Their coach is well known for studying days worth of tape. And he emulated the same strategy the US used in it's 2-0 win over Spain. It shows that Spain could be a strategically inferior side.... All other teams have to do is copy and adjust the system the Swiss and US used, and Spain will become a lot less dangerous
I disagree Juno. Chile is a very good squad with the same type of play as Spain. I think that game could see more than one goal on each side
Hill, Perhaps. But we gotta' take into accounts that if both teams play the same style of football, the team with the better quality of players normally wins
I agree with Hill, I think Chile could cause another upset against the Spanish. However I do expect Spain to come to the next game with a different attitude, not so self-assured. Despite what many of their players have said about not thinking they're favourites, I personally think they acted as if they were and are formiddable and all it took was the Swiss putting on a strong defensive display and making the most of any chance they got. Now Spain have their work cut out. A lot of people are saying Brazil are now favourites, I am not convinced by them either
Minadeo (Juventus) 4 years ago
If Chile beats the Swiss, they will not likely play an open style vs Spain in the third game. They look like they would be a very dangerous counter attacking team if they can sit back and hold off the Spanish assault
I reckon Chile will just defend against Spain and settle for a 0-0 draw
Chile has no reason to play attacking football like Spain; they can't beat Spain like that. However, what has beaten Spain in the past is a tight back line that is good at clearing wearing down the offense, midfield, and defense; then it's easier to catch them on the break
Chile traditionally play a 3-4-3 offensive formation. Their midfield is extremely quick and will drop back to help against a counter attack. They will probably play one holding midfielder, but I think that they will look at what Switzerland did and say "Well, why can' t we beat Spain? " If they want to advance, they need to go for it
Double post
This is true Juno. I'm going to assume though Chile will change up their tactics. Who knows though, It is the World Cup. I do expect Spain to come out powerful and such in the next two games. I bet they'll be pissed. I don't see them getting first though
Riglore (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Navas really never looked like creating anything in the spain switzerland match. Torres looked like he hadn't played and Villa didn't look great either. Great defence from the swiss they deserved the win. Hopefully Spain will sort out their finishing soon. I'll cry if they go out in the first round I'm hoping to see them play the netherlands
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yes, a woeful performance from almost all Spain players. Casillas is 100% to blame for the goal: did he forget he can use his hands as a keeper?! Villa, Torres (what happened to his touch? I even control the ball better) and Navas in particular seriously disappointed. Navas crossed like 12 times in the 30 minutes he was on, and just one of them was remotely in the neighbourhood of a Spanish player. He wasted so many opportunities by attempting to cross while he could've just passed it to the middle
Minadeo (Juventus) 4 years ago
Where was fabregas? Is he already moving into his mansion in Barcelona. Given Jeroen's correct assessment of the Spanish attack, wouldn't it seem that a player who scored double digit goals from midfield in the EPL would be an asset (on the pitch)
Nice to see Spain going back to their days of glory.

Also feels nice to be right about Spain looking to crash out of the tournament horribly
Some one please tell them they are in the South Africa playing a world CUP league match, they still are playing like a friendly match.
Wasted hell loads of chances, and were way toooo not-so-serious.
I mean, come on!
I wouldn't say they're playing like its a friendly. I would just say if you're going to start only one striker it has to be Torres. I didn't think Navas' crosses were all that horrible, they just don't have anyone in the box who can compete for headers. Without Torres (who is 6 foot correct?) they don't have any height up front. Torres has to start if that is the style they want to go for with the middle shut down
Rodyro (Ajax) 4 years ago
Wow 0-1
Ltm017 4 years ago
That's not even the word to describe it!
Torres and Villa should have been playing together since the start
Ltm017 4 years ago
We are about to see Spain lose.... And I don't think they can beat Chile
Tournament favorites? .... I don't think so
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
Not any more anyway. Torres should have been playing from the start though, all the finishing had been really poor from Spain
Netherlands vs Germany final. Brazil, Spain, Portugal, Ivory Coast, and England (*tear*) were all unconvincing
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Super cool performance by Swiss!
Don't discount Spain yet guys. Yes, it's possible they'll finish 2nd of the group but if they beat Brazil in the next stage (assuming Brazil is 1st), then they are on course to the title again
Every team has played now no real stand out team except maybe Germany?
4 years ago
Someone wake me up in July please
Ltm017 4 years ago
Someone wake me up when World Cup starts!
4 years ago
It has now officially started
Spain against Swiss.    Surely this game gonna' be a goal fest? No?    
How come I got the crappy feel that even Spain's match is turning dull....    Where is Torres?!
Tiki-Taka isn't creating any goals yet for Spain. Switzerland aren't looking dangerous at all however they do seem to be doing enough in defence. I imagine Spain will win by a single goal or two in the second half when Switzerland tire
Almost feel asleep watching the first half where IS THE GOAL FEST!  Bring on Torres and Fabregas please
Every team is playing sluggish really, trying to be cautious in everything. This is only the first matches but they are very important, why the complacency?
Can't believe it swizz HAVE scored unbelievable!
Swiss ! HAS Score!
Can anyone foresee that?
I don't see Spain putting any men inside the box other than Villa. Why the f*****g hell are they crossing the ball then?
Pele's prediction curse at work
Darn.... I guess I won't be getting a lot of dreamfooty pts for this match. Even if spain wins, the cleansheet is gone and David Silva has been subbed so no full game for him
Anyone notice Casillas don't make saves anymore? He uses his legs more than his hands...
He uses puyol and pique. It was horrible positioning to give up the goal.    
Swiss players just attempted something very unique. 2 players shielding the ball out of play.... Wonder if that's the new way to run the clock down...
Spain are such a great team when they're comfortable but the swiss have taken them way out of their comfort zone
The swiss have blocked out the whole of Spain's midfield and they should have started with Torrres and Villa
Swiss are playing 7-2-1 as far as I'm concerned. 2 strikers? Not enough
The word impotent springs to mind. Maybe they believed their hype and have become frustrated by Switzerland, wasting chances. Torres also looks like a man who hasn't played much recently. Well done Switzerland, it goes to show how unpredictable football is at this level
Best defensive performance of the tournament so far by Switzerland. Kicking the Jabulani is like kicking a beach ball. Not to take anything away from the Swiss. Well Done!
Spain lost because Casillas went in with his feet instead of getting the ball and getting hurt
Lmfao, I'm so glad. Hopefully this shut everyone up saying Spain will walk this world cup. Have fun meeting Brazil
Yeah, fancy seeing a GK sliding around instead of diving at the feet of opponents? Learn from Casillas. He left his techniques all back in Spain
Torres was unbelievably poor, and so were his touches...
Brazil isn't all that safe either. Counter attacking football still needs opponents to attack at them...
Spain aint good in World Cups normally, now there is a huge amount of pressure on them. People saying Spain will walk this world cup have no idea about football. Wow there Euro Champions. Six years ago so were Greece. Lmao anyone can win doesn't always have to be big teams wininng
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Who would've predicted that scoreline! I'm still shocked.... Maybe they should play Cesc next game instead of injured Iniesta
Honduras : Chile

Chile, this is the one team that outside any favorites for the title, that I'll be supporting them to go far
 I actually thought the first freekick went in...
A well work Chilean goal!
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
I reckon this has been the best game yet, by a mile, and the second halfs only started, good game
Yeah, Chile just doesn't stop probing at the goal...
1-0 Chile  Sanchez looked a good player I was impressed with how they played looked very good as a team
The only problem is that they lack someone with an eye for goal with Suazo out.... So many people makes chances, but no one to take them...
The first goal's build up was very spot on so its not a surprise they scored. Gonzales was shooting from too far out, they should have done more like the first goal
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
WOW wasn't expecting that score!
Alright fellas, fun's over.... Whoever stole the World Cup goals, please return them to the nearest stadium in South Africa!
Ltm017 4 years ago
I am wondering the same thing. It really is getting annoying!
Guys, don't mean to be a bore but try to reply under the same branch as the match you're watching. It makes the topic impossible to read when there's seven or eight simultaneous chats about a single game. Some of them only have one or two comments.

Instead of using the reply box at the bottom of the screen, use the little reply button under the last post about the game you want to comment on
Before each game, if you are the first user to comment on the fixture then type the following at the top of your post:

TEAM A v TEAM Z
Kickoff: 0:00

Etc
Hey guys, is this thread solely for commenting on the games as they play out or can you make comments on the World Cup in general here as well?
CharlieHenry started the thread with the following intention

"Basically you can comment on anything you like such as the world cup is on if you thought a player was good/rubbish? "

So I won't hijack it and speak for him If the first user to post makes a bolded comment (as above) if it is about a particular game then I think everything will look nice and orderly
I had basically treat this thread as 'chat' thread...
As you said Andy I feel like I'm being hijacked "so take what you want and leave me be" lol
I'm not bothered the only problem is some people just might not read Ants comment but lets hope so anyway
Sharpoon (Hull City) 4 years ago
Apart from Gerrards goal Korea scoring is the loudest i've cheered this world cup
? Either you won a bet, tricked a leprechaun into letting you keep your first-born, or you are hoping they get out of the group stage so another team has an easy win? Idk?
I can't believe this was the most exciting match of the 3 games today. I was also cheering for the underdog.... Lol
I was well glad Korea scored. I'm supporting them and New Zealand in this World cup as there true underdogs
The North Korean media will say they won the World Cup with that goal Lol...
Golaire (Bayern München) 4 years ago
Funny fact: The North Korean fans are not actually North Koreans, they are Chinese who were payed to support North Korea
Yup, the commentator kept saying that.... Lol
Credit to korea they played much better than their Fifa Ranking suggests, I was happy to see them get a goal
We might see Korea jump 60 odd places of that performance in the rankings, and if you heard the commentator he said rumours were they paid china people to pretend they were fans
Don't know where that rumour came from but it is unfounded!

I don't really know what the rumour is trying to imply.... That North Korea don't have any supporters? Or that the government doesn't allow them to travel?
The government doesn't allow them to travel. North Koreans are only allowed to leave North Korea with the special permission of the "Great Ruler. "
North Korea is stuck in the 60's, most people there don't know what a cell phone or a cd player are
Yea but if people listen, North Korea sent a band there to cheer on there team. He is a idiot kim song though. He still does public excuetions etc
Next is the world cup final for North Korea lol
2018 world cup in North Korea! Who's with me?!?!?!?
Errr.... YEAH! *no*
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
@ManUK LOL that would be the most funniest things ever!

But apparently they have heaps of fans there, because the Matilda's (Womans version of the Socceroos) were saying that when they went to North Korea to play it was really strict like they couldn't go anywhere but hotel and training grounds. But tehn when they went to play the game apparently they saw 100, 000s of people coming to watch the game!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football