Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
World Cup 2010 Live Comment
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 4 years ago
Australia-Serbia    Let's go White Eagles!
CHELSEA61 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Wow! 90th minute goal by Donovan brings the Americans through. Amazing! Now who gets Germany?
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 4 years ago
I never thought all these groups would be as open as they have been
Poor Slovenia top b4 today now out
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 4 years ago
Whoa slow down Chelsea61 who says germany is gonna' win? Ghana can beat germany leaving that group topsy turvy I'm not making any guarantees but it's not a done deal
I know its not decided but How can anybody say Ghana will beat Germany to eliminate them. Germany will come through. And I do hope Ghana get through but Germany will bring their A game
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
It's going to be England - Germany and not USA - Germany. So World War I and not World War II
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Oy brilliant, really exciting tournament for us so far, benny franklin is ecstatic up there for his country, did him and everyone proud boys ole usa
Shuds (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Slovenia vs. England
Kickoff: 14.00 GMT

Post your comments below
Team Lineup

Slovenia: Samir Handanovic, Bostjan Cesar, Marko Suler, Bojan Jokic, Miso Brecko, Aleksandar Radosavljevic, Robert Koren, Andraz Kirm, Valter Birsa, Milivoje Novakovic, Zlatan Ljubijankic

Formation: 4-4-2

England: David James, Matthew Upson, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson, Gareth Barry, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Steven Gerrard, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney

Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Heskeys dropped, that's something, but no Joe Cole? Capello is like a robot stuck in a loop
I was hoping for Cole too, lets hope Defoe can offer something different
I'm pretty sure we'll see cole as a sub today. Milner was awful against the US and subed at 30 min. Go Defoe!
Defoe with the goal!
Brilliant passing by Rooney
Great finish by Dafoe!
So looks like Defoe did bring something to the table, good cross by Milner and a good finish in the end. They should have had another goal at least. Hope they can get one in the second half
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
England look a lot better, but Slovenia look very desperate. Dafoe is so good at pressuring the back line, shortest player in the championship
Finally Milner is playing like he did in qualifiers. His crosses are why England are winning
Almost another goal for England
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
What a boring game!
We're through. Boring or not England have staved off disaster. The one good thing I can say about England is they don't give many chances on goal. Much for England still to prove. All that's left is the next match. That's more than can be said for half the teams here
Did what needed to be done
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
They won, that's all I was hoping for. Now they can regroup and do better in the knock-out stages
What is wrong with Capello? Such a great record as a manager, but no flexibility at all. Would it have something to do with his very rigid and fascist ideology?
Seriously, it looks like he only prepared one possible strategy for the whole tournament. What will he do when England faces Brazil, Holland or Spain?
Probably loose! LOL
MariusV (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Australlia scores, good goal by cahill
MariusV (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Sorry, wrong place for the upper comment
That's football marius it puts you off balance sometimes! Lol
USA vs. Algeria

Post your comments below
Team Lineup

Usa: Tim Howard, Jay DeMerit, Jonathan Bornstein, Carlos Bocanegra, Steve Cherundolo, Michael Bradley, Maurice Edu, Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Herculez Gomez, Jozy Altidore

Algeria: Rais M'Bolhi, Antar Yahia, Rafik Halliche, Nadir Belhadj, Madjid Bougherra, Medhi Lacen, Hassan Yebda, Rafik Djebbour, Karim Ziani, Foued Kadir, Karim Matmour

Formation: 4-5-1
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Go Go USA!
Ha! Bill Clinton is at the game perhaps he and John Terry will be hanging out later tonight?
Here we go again another good goal dissallowed. Sad indeed
Got Algeria on their heels but need to finish!
Oh man your right BigShel, if only the USA could finish!
I feel bad for the Americans. Another disallowed goal. They work so hard for their chances and the ref takes it all away. Too much power in the hands of one official. Dempsey was onside. It should be 1-0 for you. S. A
Dempsey? Come on man, come on!
Good defence so far but I am going to need Buddle soon!  
Wish granted! Come on Edson!
It's comming!
I will buy a Beasley shirt and wear it for a full year daily if he is the difference maker. Lol
Yessssssss! Donovan thanks mom thanks dad thanks David Moyes. Thanks Everton, Thanks Algeria!
Unbelievable top of group "C"!
Well done USA, we will find out who has who in the next round soon
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
LANDON DONOVAN ! F YEAH!
Yeah talk about a climax to a game. Good job Yanks!
Oh yeah!USA for the WC
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Woah. Result ! Clever of the Americans setting up Germans against England for the next round
I love these Germany vs England matches.  Tee hee
@Raj gotta' keep your enemies close! But are you sure germany will top their group?
I'd be very surprised if the Germans don't deliver and finish up top, then again this is just about as unpredictable as any WC has been. Africa's last hope in Ghana to get through to the final 16 too so the vuvuz will be blaring. Who doesn't like a Germany England game though .

Sod all this, who's watching the tennis, Mahut v Isner, 5th set - no tie breaker.... Its 28 29 ! Wimbledon baby !
Tennis? All I know is Federer!
Close match, but US deserved to get through. I just wish England won the group. We'll most likely face Germany now in the round of 16
Don't mean to stray away from topic but this could very well be the longest game in the open era, 32 31 ! That's the number of games in the 5th set alone, about to go 32-32. These guys are about to collapse
Much respect Raj but if there are not women playing in rediculously short skirts I will stick with football or Womens pro beach vollyball!
33-32 fith set~! LOL just checking in to see if there were any hot babes!
Mahut had two match points HAHA and he couldn't convert, 33-33 now. Even the watching crowd is exhausted.... Women's tennis these days Shelman, all their grunting makes me hit mute and drool on
This 5th set alone going for more than 4 hours. 4 hours ! One set ! And still going. Surprised the ball boys haven't passed out yet haha. If Isner gets through, it'll be a really good day for the US
Oh man I went and picked my girls up from school and they are still playing 43-43. Lol
45 - 45. Match has been going on for more than 8 hours. Not long before one of the two says, - Feck this s**t, get me a sandwich. And I forfeit !
Halftime of the late matches and I just checked back in for your latest updates! Lol Footy/Cricket/Tennistube! I cannot wait to see the new logo wickets in the background with a football in the center surrounded by orbiting tennis balls.
Ole Ole ole ole uuuuu saaaaaaaaaaaa uuusssa aaaaaaaaaa! Hahahahaha
Yes yes yes goal! What a match, thank god we advanced!

Most historic moment in the history of American futbol, god bless you Landon Donovan and Demps and Jozy and Timmy, perfect finish. This will give football a kick in the ass in the states it has needed for a long long time. What a way to do it, campeones campeones campeones usa Love it

Tennis also historic longest match ever perhaps? 10 hours, suspended till tomorrow, what a day for sport and the world hallelujah thank you jah thank you footballing gods
Greece vs. Argentina
Kickoff: 18.30 GMT

Post your comments below
Team Lineup

Greece: Alexandros Tzorvas, Avraam Papadopoulos, Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Vangelis Moras, Vasilis Torosidis, Loukas Vyntra, Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Kostas Katsouranis, Alexandros Tziolis, Georgios Samaras, Giorgos Karagounis

Formation: 5-3-2

Argentia: Sergio Romero, Martín Demichelis, Nicolás Burdisso, Clemente Rodríguez, Nicolás Otamendi, Juan Sebastián Verón, Mario Bolatti, Maxi Rodríguez, Sergio Agüero, Diego Milito, Lionel Messi

Formatioin: 4-3-3
I think this could shape up to be a very good match, but if Argentina gos ahead early it could become a route. Watch out for the messiah, his time has come I believe, but I am pulling for Greece to make a splash and give the Argentinians problems. No matter what happens should be fun to watch, Messi is just pure magic
Sharpoon (Hull City) 4 years ago
Would be a bit unfair if Greece qualify, they were awful in their first game!
Greece will fall. All sparta will fall. Argentina are too strong
Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my! Messi Milito Aguero oh my!
Ltm017 4 years ago
Maybe Maradona wants to give everyone a fair share since Higuain got an hat trick last match! share the wealth. I know for sure Aguero is getting a goal.... Or an assist I can watch him and Messi on the ball all day!
Aguero looks good in Blue!
Ditto that Ry, the board and Roman need to bring him in ! Looks great out there
Nigeria vs. South Korea

Post your comments below
Team Lineup

Nigeria: Vincent Enyeama, Danny Shittu, Joseph Yobo, Rabiu Afolabi, Chidi Odiah, Yussuf Ayila, Dickson Etuhu, Kalu Uche, Chinedu Ogbuke, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Nwankwo Kanu

South korea: Jung Sung-Ryong, Cho Yong-Hyung, Lee Jung-Soo, Lee Young-Pyo, Cha Du-Ri, Kim Jung-Woo, Ki Sung-Yueng, Yeom Ki-Hun, Park Ji-Sung, Lee Chung-Yong, Park Chu-Young

Woops.... Double post
Even if I have South Korea advancing in my bracket, I want so badly for Nigeria to win this game and advance through to the knockouts. At least one African nation must advance por favor, Viva Nigeria, ole ole
I'm happy for South Korea, though I like Nigeria's style too. I like Park ji sung hope he does well
Mexico vs. Uruguay

Post your comments below
4 years ago
If this game is tied after 70 minutes, prepare yourself for the dullest 20 minutes of keep ball that you've seen so far
Team Lineup

Mexico: Óscar Pérez, Héctor Moreno, Francisco Rodríguez, Carlos Salcido, Ricardo Osorio, Gerardo Torrado, Rafael Márquez, Guillermo Franco, Cuauhtémoc Blanco, Andrés Guardado, Giovani Dos Santos

Formation: 4-2-3-1

Uruguay: Fernando Muslera, Diego Lugano, Mauricio Victorino, Jorge Fucile, Egidio Arévalo, Diego Pérez, Diego Forlán, Álvaro Pereira, Maxi Pereira, Luis Suárez, Edinson Cavani

I think this could be the better game, but I'd love to watch the French lose!
Kiwoli (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
They seem to both want to come out and win, not afriad to pass and create. This game is what football is about!

Awesome atmosphere too, for once a chant can be heard through the vuvuzelas!
Uruguay move ahead from Suarez!
Are we ready to see argentina vs mexico & uruguay vs north korea
Golaire (Bayern München) 4 years ago
You mean South Korea, and Nigeria still has a chance of getting out of the group
France vs. South Africa

Post your comments below
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Sigh, why are the 2 matches playing at the same bloody time.... To avoid cheating?
Ltm017 4 years ago
Maybe I think but darn I was hoping to see one of them before I leave now I will have to wait until its on replay later! Uuggghhh and to think I got up and everything!
They are played at the same time, so they don't give one team the edge by changing their performance with respect to the other teams result. This is why in most leagues the last match is played at the same time
LOL I hate that you have no choice but to miss out on live football 'cause you have to pick one match.  Isn't it 15:00 GMT?
Says 14. 00 GMT almost everywhere
I'm sure it's 15:00gmt
4 years ago
The games are played at 14:00 GMT. We are on BST at the moment which is gmt+1 (so the matches kick off at 3pm in the UK)
4 years ago
As for watching them both.... Don't most tvs have picture in picture now?!
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yeah its so annoying! Theres two channels for it so I think I'll be flicking through the two channels as I go...
Team Lineup

France: Hugo Lloris, Sebastien Squillaci, William Gallas, Gaël Clichy, Bacary Sagna, Abou Diaby, Alou Diarra, Djibril Cissé, Yoann Gourcuff, Franck Ribéry, Andre-Pierre Gignac

South Africa: Moeneeb Josephs, Bongani Khumalo, Aaron Mokoena, Tsepo Masilela, Anele Ngcongca, MacBeth Sibaya, Thanduyise Khuboni, Katlego Mphela, Steven Pienaar, Siphiwe Tshabalala, Bernard Parker

4 years ago
I would suggest people push two tvs together, use the picture in picture function of your tv, or watch the games on something like iPlayer, rather than using illegal streaming sites as referred to above
Get in! Would be good to see the South Africans win just for their pre-match singing
Hill (Arsenal) 4 years ago
That is a harsh red in my mind
Gorcouff red card.... WTF?
Not sure it was even a yellow
Could things get worse?  Poor France.... Too harsh. Maybe an yellow.... But Red? NO WAY!
It sure is the Irish Curse Demon
Juharr (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Lots of stupid red cards given to players in this world cup -. -
Juharr (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Lots of stupid red cards given to players in this world cup -. -
And my DF is ruined too. Gourcuff is my star midfielder. Don't laugh at me!
ME TOO Prag
South africa going through right now mexico down 1-0.... I think dunno the maths
Wahey!  Hope SA goes through, man, I love these African underdog teams!
Don't South Africa still need another two goals from themselves or Uruguay to get through?
1000 comments I am 1001
Damm you sharpoon!
Me not good at Maths, either  Sharpoon, care to help?
Ahh sorry Charlie! I'm just as desperate for South Africa to go through too though
Its cool    Does this mean South Africa are going through right now?
Atm I think its Uruguay +4, 7 points,
Mexico +1, 4 points,
South Africa -1, 4 points
France -4, 1 point

But don't quote me on this!
As far I know, either Uruguay or SA need to score 2 or more goals to get a superior goal difference
As it stands at halftime: Mexico goal difference +1 SA good -1
Damn you sharpoon, I should have refreshed the page before I did this.
My post is now redundant
Well at least we're all agreed on the situation, and come on Bafana I say!
The Irish sure have some super curse of France or maybe its just Karma. LOL
I Believe: Irish Curse Demon LOL! Go South Africa!
The match is in dire need of a turning point and they turn to Henry and his Hands
Malouda noooo
This is exciting, history has been made. The hosts failed to get out of the group.  
The Irish curse demon has worked it's ways France are down and out
I was hoping South Africa would advance through goal difference, but it wasn't meant to be sadly. They are a good team, I think they deserved to take all three points from Mexico in the opening match and then the group would be completely different, but that's all speculation now. South Africa are out Mexico and Uruguay are through, and France, justice has been served by the Irish spirits
Spain vs. Honduras

Post your comments below
If Spain don't win I think they're out!
Anfieldhero (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Predictions? 2 - 0 to Spain for me
Team Lineup

Spain: Iker Casillas, Carles Puyol, Gerard Piqué, Joan Capdevila, Sergio Ramos, Xabi Alonso, Sergio Busquets, Xavi, Jesús Navas, David Villa, Fernando Torres

Honduras: Noel Valladares, Maynor Figueroa, Osman Chávez, Emilio Izaguirre, Sergio Mendoza, Amado Guevara, Wilson Palacios, Danilo Turcios, Roger Espinoza, Walter Martínez, David Suazo

Still no Fabregas...
Ltm017 4 years ago
Why are they playing Busquets...
Ltm017 4 years ago
Nice goal Villa.... Great run great finish. Does anyone else think Torres looks lazy? Like maybe he is not making much effort? David Villa looks like he is just happy to be playing more on the left
Come onnnn eFing. Torres score a gol already so many clear chancesssss
And where is fabregassss
Ltm017 4 years ago
Torres is getting on my nerves. Does he know how to strike a ball anymore? I understand that he is just getting back but my goodness how many balls are Villa and Navas going to feed him on a platter before he can get it in the back of the net.come on I might be a little bit harsh but other than two good runs to keep possession of the ball he has been lazy and making Villa do all the work. Its ridiculous...
Great goal by Villa, especially as he was basically on the deck as he struck it! Torres just needs one goal and the floodgates will open
Big let off for Villa! If the ref had seen it, would've been a straight red
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Unlucky Villa. Because the ref didn't see it fifa can step in, I doubt they will though
Hope Fernando scores! He is sure getting back to his best. Give the guy a break, he has just come back from a surgery
Why navas playing, put in fabregas I'm tired of his weak shots and bad passes at times, and torres come onnnn the ball is round my friend have you forgotten that?
Aahh nnooo wwayyyyyy villaaa
Ltm017 4 years ago
WOW how did he miss that? Deeply disappointed in Villa at that one but he did a lot of work tonight for those two goals so no one can say anything. I want Torres to score to but he needs to move and get with it. YES Fabregas is coming on!
Finally fabregas
Torres out he had a bad game he's not back yet
Sam (Juventus) 4 years ago
Didn't realize how selfish Honduras players can be! Pass the ball!
Navas has gotten on my nerves, why do they keep doing the same play everytimeeee, navas keeps sending bad passes, and he touches every ball on the attack is like spain became a 1 dimentionalo team
Ltm017 4 years ago
I guess Spain think they have got this in the bag because this match has gotten boring. They could have least try harder they have no idea how their last match is going to be. They look like they are not even trying. I wonder if Honduras get one maybe they will try harder.... How can you be comfortable with two goals?
La Furia Roja !

Finally they got a win, I was expecting a litlle more goals to add to our good but hey what the hell we won! Villa was excellent today, his first goal was pure class, the second one would have made it in with or without the deflection. I was kinds anticipation on Villa missing the Penalty with the weight of the hatrick hanging on his back. Torres was still not match fits so he gets a pass. A good performance indeed.

Vamos Espana !
MOER7 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Cristiano Ronaldoooooooooooooo is a legenddddddddd

If we describe him with all the english, arabic, french, chinese, italian, russian, anything words
, , still not enoughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

< 3 portugal < 3 Real Madrid
+++ BRazil < 3 (L)
Chile vs. Switzerland

Post your comments below
Chile 2 - 0 I think
Team Lineup

Chile: Claudio Bravo, Waldo Ponce, Gonzalo Jara, Gary Medel, Matías Fernández, Carlos Carmona, Arturo Vidal, Mauricio Isla, Humberto Suazo, Jean Beausejour, Alexis Sánchez

Formation: 3-4-3

Switzerland: Diego Benaglio, Stéphane Grichting, Steve von Bergen, Reto Ziegler, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Benjamin Huggel, Gökhan Inler, Gelson Fernandes, Valon Behrami, Blaise N'Kufo, Alexander Frei

Humberto Suazo back for Chile-finally get to see one of the most underrated strikers in world football on display
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 4 years ago
8-0 to Chile
He's not that underrated Sam, he's very highly rated in fact, but he is underexposed. I think you're just one of those people who use the word underrated too much
Ltm017 4 years ago
I think I am going to really enjoy this match! Go Chile! I hope they give them 4.... Its s stretch cause the goalkeeper is good but 4!
Fair enough Jimmy- underexposed. I would still venture to say that "underrated" is still appropriate: he has been a goal scoring machine in the Mexican leagues and given his recent prolific stints at Colo Colo and Monterrey (who won the league with him), you would think high profile leagues in Europe would jump at the chance to get him.... Nope, he was only able to get a loan spell at Real Zaragoza. Underrated? Definitely!
Lumileppardi (Swansea City) 4 years ago
The refereeing is on the decline.... Very harsh red card for the Swiss player
Ltm017 4 years ago
Now Switzerland are going to play all defensive that they have 10 men. I didn't expect that red. I thought it was a yellow...
Hill (Arsenal) 4 years ago
That was awful. No way was that a red card! I hate out refs are consistently effecting the outcome of matches. Now we're going to see another stale match where the Swiss hope to steal a goal and Chile just pounds it in. URgh
Here we go another referee who doesn't like to think before he dishes out his cards. Not a Red for me, a yellow for sure. I'm almost positive that the swiss will just sit back and defend this one out. Has anti football really become this popular?
Switzerland is close to breaking Italy's record for longest time in the World Cup without conceding a goal. And Sánchez misses from a breakaway...
Ltm017 4 years ago
I just want Chile to score! Come on Chile! Switzerland is defending very well and their goalkeeper is a star!
I want this game to open up.... So clsed so far I want gooollllssss
Yeesss finallyyyyyy
What a beautiful header for the goal! Goooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllll!
Ltm017 4 years ago
YES! Chile Goal! I hope they can hold Switzerland off to win it!
Speedy Gonzalez strikes! Vamos Chile. And the Swiss got their record btw...
Nooooo, I want Swiss to score!
Horribly missed chances on both ends!
Ltm017 4 years ago
That was a close one! Come on Chile on hold! Press forward!
Ltm017 4 years ago
Darn double post!
Where was refing like this during the Brazil or the Italy matches?    
Ltm017 4 years ago
YAY They won! Ssooooo happy!
Great game! Definatly a red card for me but the Swiss did well to hold out for as long as they did, the last 20 minutes were incredible!
Portugal vs. North Korea
Kickoff: 11.30 GMT

Post your comments below
Team Lineup

Portugal: Eduardo, Bruno Alves, Ricardo Carvalho, Fábio Coentrão, Miguel, Pedro Mendes, Raul Meireles, Tiago, Simão, Hugo Almeida, Cristiano Ronaldo

Formation: 4-3-3

North Korea: Ri Myong-Guk, Ri Jun-Il, Ri Kwang-Chon, Pak Chol-Jin, Ji Yun-Nam, Cha Jong-Hyok, An Yong-Hak, Pak Nam-Chol, Mun In-Guk, Hong Yong-Jo, Jong Tae-Se

Formation: 5-3-2
Ltm017 4 years ago
Well this is not what I expected from this match. I think maybe we might see Brazil and Portugal advance from this group. Korea doesn't look like they can hold under Portugal for too long.... But we never know do we...
Looks to be a good match, Portugal looks like they want to come out firing and win. Not to mention that the rain is going to make it interesting
Ltm017 4 years ago
Korea are fighting back! Two great chances. I like this so much! Why is it when Bigger teams play each other they don't give this excitement...
Oh, a beautiful goal, beautiful pass
Ltm017 4 years ago
That was good half. Some really good chances from both sides I hope Korea at least gets one in. Portugal goal was a good goal.... Great finish
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow Portugal are destroying Korea right now. I at least hope they can get a goal in cause Portugal are on a roll now. Two goals in less than 10 minutes that was they are great goals though
Korea is better than this, but Portugal is putting massive pressure on the Ivory Coast right now. I guess they are trying to score because they just got caught pushing too many players up front.

And that was just a super pass from Ronaldo, should just have been 5-0 now
Portugal spanking and Korea at the receiving end  The group of death is turning yum yum
I think they're just trying to pass to Ronaldo so he can score to break his duck
Ronaldo enjoying himself, actually the whole Portuagal squad are, beautiful football. So long since i've seen some
Gutted for the Koreans, some good finishes by the Portugese though!
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow so I guess we know who is going through. Brazil and Portugal. Portugal look like they will be giving Brazil a run for their money. Four goals and it looks like they are setting up to get a next one. Some great goals though!
This is getting out of hand, I don't know if I should laugh at the comical circumstances in which Ronaldo got his goal. Demoralising is an understatement at this point in time
7-Nil. Portugal are overwhelming DPR Korea. They must have wish they stayed back in their homeland right now...
Ltm017 4 years ago
7-0! OMGoodness! This is crazy! I think Korea are not having a good day so this is what happen
I think this result officially knocks out Ivory Coast- don't see Drogba and Co. Making up the 9 goal difference that now exists between them and Portugal
Hithere (Manchester United) 4 years ago
7 goals in a single match in this world cup? This is shocking
Now was that a spanking or what, Portugal came out and murdered Korea DPR. A lesson in football well taught to Jong Tae-Se and his boys. It was plain brutal, I have to admit that I felt really bad for the guys in white. This game was just what this WC needed Goals !
Wow seventh heaven
Theo (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Wow 7 goals is vicious it thought only chelsea does things like that
Well lol I thought it wasn't going to be easy, I was dead wrong. North Korea just got taught a fooballing lesson. 7-0 wow
I'm not embarassed at all. They decided to play the attacking game instead of the boring defensive game. Props for that. They decided to play what they are comfortable with. That's what's most important in the beautiful game of football
I pity North Korea but they were all over the place after the second goal. They should have taken the lead, the 'Asian Rooney' missed a sitter. Ronaldo was awesome, I thought he had his best game for Portugal in a long time
I pity North Korea but they were all over the place after the second goal. They should have taken the lead, the 'Asian Rooney' missed a sitter. Ronaldo was awesome, I thought he had his best game for Portugal in a long time
Oops! Sorry about the triple post
Brasil vs. Ivory Coast

Post your comments below
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
For some reason this match feels like it is going to be a dull draw match. Hopefully I am wrong I want to see brasil playing a lot better than their first game
I agree. I'm hoping it's gonna' be a thriller of a match but my gut feeling says it's gonna' be a dull match. Hopefully not as bad as the Ivory Coast v Portugal match though
Brazil will show us whether Dunga's counter attacking style works against a hungry Ivory Coast
Team Lineup

Brazil: Júlio César, Juan, Lúcio, Michel Bastos, Maicon, Gilberto Silva, Felipe Melo, Luis Fabiano, Kaká, Robinho, Elano

Ivory Coast: Boubacar Barry, Didier Zokora, Kolo Touré, Siaka Tiéné, Guy Demel, Yaya Touré, Ismael Tioté, Emmanuel Eboué, Salomon Kalou, Didier Drogba, Aruna Dindane

Formation: 4-3-3
Drogba to start! Glad to hear it
Can't wait, two heavyweights going at it. I don't expect it to be anything other than a typical Champions League quality stale-mate, wouldn't hurt to be wrong there. Here's hoping Drogs get one over Lucio this time around
Drogba looks like he's wearing a Celtic kit.
Ltm017 4 years ago
I really hope this is a good match and not just one sided!
Ltm017 4 years ago
Double post again!
Come on goals, please come back to the world cup. We need you,  I want to see a WC match with the score something like 3-2 or 4-3....
Nice goal! All of a sudden they wake the sleeping dragon
Ltm017 4 years ago
Haha Landon Donovan has started a sensation! That was a good finish by Fabiano
Fabiano ends his scoring drought in great style (Donovan) I want to see more goals hopefully a even score line going into the break so as too add some urgency to this match!
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow this match is dull. Even the commentators are finding different things to talk about and they sound bored. My friend said he fell asleep twice already. Lol

I guess only the smaller teams can give a little excitement because they are underrated and they want to prove otherwise
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow this match is dull. Even the commentators are finding different things to talk about and they sound bored. My friend said he fell asleep twice already. Lol

I guess only the smaller teams can give a little excitement because they are underrated and they want to prove otherwise
Brazil plays very boring football, I hope they do not get far. Hope Ivory Coast pick it up in the second half and win, but that's unlikely. And then I hope Portugal beats Brazil and sends them packing, they are unimpressive and boring
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
There is no samba magic
Not the best spectacle so far but a great finish from Fabiano
I wonder why I see is playing so defensively and the Brazil take on 9 men with 3 and score almost at will. Otherwise they simply pass the ball around
I think Yaya should play more as an attacking midfielder, he was immense when he played as one for Barcelona
Fabiano great solo effort! A little shoulder ball? Lol
Hello Mr Fabiano. Glad you could make it
Cautious approach by CIV in the beginning of the second half, and they go down 2-0.... Game now getting out of reach
Ltm017 4 years ago
You mean a little hand ball. Ivory Coast are looking horrible now.... Against Brazil I don't think they have a chance. But good finish for Fabiano although I think his "hand" effort should have been called
Hope Brazil will come crashing down like France for that
Lol! Not one but two handballs. Instant replay - 0 FIFA - 2
Ltm017 4 years ago
Are you serious Wow.... Are Brazil getting favours? If that was anyone other country they would have had that handball called. And the ref is over there laughing about it
Game over- Ivory Coast should not have bothered coming out after half time if this is how they were going to play
Too be fair the Ivory Coast player didn't see it and didn't complain, even the goal keeper had good eyes on it and didn't complain, so I wouldn't go too hard on him.

Secondly Brazil are now 3-0 up and Ivory Coast are being dismantled here. Why are they not running the ball in attack I see?
I really hope someone got a good picture of the Brazilian defender when his touch was ruled a corner, did anyone else see his eyes explode from his head? Lol
Ltm017 4 years ago
This is really pathetic from Ivory Coast I expected better performance even if we all knew Brazil would win. Defending is really poor and they are not playing like they are in the world cup. Wow I almost believe New Zealand would have come out better at Brazil than Ivory Coast at least they play with a little heart and determination
Desiderio (PSV) 4 years ago
Not looking good for Ivory Coast, especially since it'll probably come down to goal difference
It now depends on whether North Korea can pull a surprise draw or win against portugal I guess....

Ivory Coast got one back but Brazil should still win.
Drogba with a great run, unfortunately he ended my clean sheet for Brazil
Brazil quite simply are the best team in the world
This is ridiculous! Kaka didn't even hit the guy in the face!
Whats all this? Keita is silly. What a world class flop. Unbelievably horrible call by the ref
Not that I was expecting CIV to beat Brazil, but things not looking good for the African continent- ONE win in 12 games!
Ltm017 4 years ago
What a bunch of dramatics! Kaka did not deserve to get a yellow he did nothing! I vory coast had some cheap tackles. It wasn't that good of a match. A dive, A couple handballs, A few good goals, and a bunch of dramatics.... That sums it up!
A forearm to the chest = elbow in the face Ivory Coast take the towel in the this one for best flop, which amazing since this is Brazil Disgraceful really. Kaka needed an attitude adjustment, BUT why didn't they take him off after the first yellow?
Davids07 (FC Dynamo Kyiv) 4 years ago
Luis Fabiano should play basketball since he uses his hands so much
Underhand tactics through out the game, was quite boring most of the time but hints of Joga Bonito made it a bit pleasing. Brazil were deserved winners in this match up, CIV's midfield looks very ineffective, they should have played Yaya in a more attacking role. What the hell is Zakora doing at the backline, doesn't Swen know that he belongs in the midfield. This WC is turning out to be a contest for 'Whose the worst manage of them all? '
Rvp411 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Man Kalou has been absolutely useless during the two games I really don't know why Gervinho didn't start today
Appalling refereeing, seems the French are no good at anything this WC: the unseen Fabiano handballs and 2 undeserved yellow cards for Kaká. And that Keita only got yellow for what should've been dark red. Afterwards he also ran into Kaká as if he was elbowed, what a sad behaviour.
Not pleased about the result either. Ran out on 24 DF points today because of bad defending, yet again.

On a more positive note, the goals were (even though Fabiano had to use his arm twice) all beauties. Yaya's cross seemed a pass to nowhere, but he knew Drogba would reach it in time to head it in from point blank range
The ref saw the second hand ball because replays showed him asking Fabiano    Kaka should have never been sent off as he didn't even see it
Schaudenfreude (Watford) 4 years ago
Double-handball by Fabiano, laughable but good shot none the less. Kaka deserved the yellow, but not the red. I felt the referee was far too card happy in giving them out. Eriksson looked delighted with Drogba's goal - but it's not enough is it Sven
Illuminatii (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Definitely was a double hand ball
Definitely was a double hand ball
And a double post too
Lmao, Ivory coast has players who would go for oscar awards with the acting they done tonight
Rob12 - looked a bit like Rivaldo
@ Rob12 - Drogba's Lifetime Achievement award goes to.... Drogba himself.... Or wait Ketia.... Er.... The whole team
Ethiogunner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Everyone seems to overlook the fact that Kaka's red card was actually great for him, because he would have started the next game with a yellow meaning he could miss a more crucial match in the next round if he got a yellow card in that game rather than missing a meaningless first round game
Lol, it gets ugly with with the Ivory Coast it seems. It wasn't pretty
Italy vs. New Zealand

Post your comments below
I got two words:  Forza Azzurri!
Since the Aussies aren't doing so well, I'm ready to jump on the bandwagon of NZ. Let's hope they don't lose from an injury time penalty though
Team Lineup

Italy: Federico Marchetti, Giorgio Chiellini, Fabio Cannavaro, Domenico Criscito, Gianluca Zambrotta, Riccardo Montolivo, Daniele De Rossi, Claudio Marchisio, Simone Pepe
Alberto Gilardino, Vincenzo Iaquinta

New Zealand: Mark Paston, Ryan Nelsen, Tommy Smith, Winston Reid, Ivan Vicelich, Simon Elliott, Tony Lochhead, Leo Bertos, Rory Fallon, Shane Smeltz, Chris Killen
Lippi is almost out of his mind. Iaquinta is not a winger. Di Natale rocks big time!But where is he?
Come on, New Zealand!    Thanks for the awesome match headers Shuds, great work
@ Pragathish - They are playing 4-4-2 and Iaquinta is playing as the RF.  @ Ant - Gee thanks Ant
The Italians look up for it, 2-0 I think
Apparently ten of Italys last fifteen goals have been from set pieces
An Italian flopping to the ground, holding his face, faking an injury? How unusual!
Its a crime not to start Di Natale. Yet another world class player riding the pine
Amazing! I can't believe it!
Does it sound like they are trying to make music with the vuvuzela's or is it just me    Omg New Zealand Goal!
Ltm017 4 years ago
I really want to see how this goes! As I write New Zealand scores a goal! WOW! Maybe they will keep it up and this will be another upset
Smeltz! I told everyone to watch him! This is the biggest goal in NZ history
There goes my cleansheet bonus. Oh well, it'll be interesting if the two 2006 finalists don't make it out of the group stage!
What in the world is going on with Italy and France?
Italy seem happy to play 50 yard long balls
Ltm017 4 years ago
Well Juno this is just the world cup for the smaller teams. Also Italy has a much easier group than France. France is just awful simple. Italy they will come back eventually
Italy haven't won a game in 6 months. If New Zealand can grab one more, this could be fascinating
The Italians have surrounded the ref and forced him to book Rory Fallon. Shocking
Is it an offside goal or not? I'm not really sure. But I guess the luck was with NZ this time
NZL is defending with 11 men. This looks like it's gonna' be a low scoring game
Ltm017 4 years ago
Well from what they said if it touches the last defender than the opposing player is onside. Which it did touch an Italian defender before Smeltz tapped it in
Italy are just banging that 50 yard diagonal ball again and again and again
I'm absolutely sick to the guts of every Italian player dropping like they were shot when a New Zealand players jumps for a header. Its just a weak, pathetic tactic
Ltm017 4 years ago
The Coach is saying its a dive! I love when Italy plays and everyone calls a dive on them it is so funny to see! Lol

I don't think New Zealand is going to to make the half without a goal from Italy
Another dive and a penalty. What a losers tactic
Why do I have no surprise whatsoever that Italy would need to dive to get their goal? I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to try to play proper football against Italy, as they flop about shouting and screaming
Ltm017 4 years ago
Okay really? He let go of his shirt he moves and then goes down.... That looks almost like a dive to me but hey that shirt holding has got to stop! 1-1 I think Italy could come away with a big win now because they are attacking more. New Zealand has to learn how to hold on to the ball
Silly with the shirt pulling, not a bad play for a foul though lol - I guess that's expected of the Italians. 1-1 still not a good result for Italy though
There was an 80 yard ball by Italy. Why won't they play it along the ground?

If I touched your jacket on the street, would you fall to the ground face first? Of course not. Italy have to cheat to get results. That's the bottom line
And the Academy Award for best flop goes to.... De Rossi! You have to give the Italian's credit though, they're good at it
Dive or not but its a sure penalty. Penalty for shirt pulling
Italy are going to get a NZ player sent off here. The ref is shockingly inexperienced. He believes every single dive by the Italians
Whatever the result, New Zealand can be proud of themselves, over the course of the entire tournament. Still the whole half and some more to be played
Does anyone actually believe someone could pull a shirt upwards so hard that he could drag a player over, face first. It was a dive, plain and simple
It was a dive. Yes. But still shirt pulling is a penalty-offence, if you weren't aware.
And we apart from that dive were clean, not like you exaggerated. Chiellini and Canna were elbowed, and I don't think a man could resist falling if they were elbowed
It was either a dive or he slipped at the perfect time for the ref to catch him falling with New Zealand defender shirt in hand. Had he not fallen there would have been no call for the shirt pull, it was harmless and happens every free kick
If a ref notices a shirt pull its an instant free-kick. Often shirt pulls go unnoticed. This time it has come to notice by a dive.
Anyway as per rules, it IS a sure penalty
Lets not be silly here. Me calling the Italian divers is hardly a brand new claim. Every team they ever play against calls them divers, as does almost every fan of every other team.

Shirt pulling is an offense but if every shirt pull was a penalty, there would be a penalty for every corner, free kick, cross. Everyone pulls every shirt. The difference is Italy flop down as if they were tasered every time a player touches them. It looks weak
Ltm017 4 years ago
Haha tell that to the Americans. None of them dived when they were being pulled. They worked hard for that goal. Shirt pulling does happen every game and I said it but I was told it was still cheating. So in this one I think people are going to be bias. Everyone will see it differently even if it is dive some will say shirt pulling (which is an offense) or it was not enough to cause a player to fall.

Fact: if Italy didn't dive, they'd be going into the break 1-0 down against one of the weakest sides in the World cup. So, from their point of view, cheating is obviously a tactic that works, so why stop doing it?
LMAO New Zealand! One shot one goal. By that logic all you need is one more shot to win
Still, if you know you're playing against Italy, I wouldn't do something like shirt-pulling. That said, some refs need to stop eating out of their hand
Italy dived to get a penalty-yes. Almost every player is an opportunistic diver, and De Rossi is no exception.
But no, its not our tactics, and apart from that dive, Italy were neat.

Fact:If a non-Italian player dives and wins a penalty, the player is branded as a 'diver' and faces his off-field consequences.
If an Italian dives, the whole team is called so and faces the consequences.
Meanwhile, in the French camp....
French players are refusing to train as one of their coaching staff walks out. Everything is going to hell. Anything new?
Haha.... Some good banter going on. That wasn't a penalty, shirt pulling might be an offense but it almost happens a zillion times in every game. The ref was stupid to give it and Italy were lucky their trick worker. Hoping NZ can hold them off for another 45mins
Should have known Italy would dive for the penalty with a player called Cris-CHEAT-o on the pitch
@Hithere - May be Ireland should have made the World Cup after all
Well, if you could make funny names related to cheating, that sure doesn't mean that he is a cheater.

If I write Antony as 'Ant'ony, does it make him an Ant?
The referee is totally out of his depth. The linesman is three feet away from a challenge, doesn't give a fee kick and the ref, thirty yards away, whistles. He just believes every time the Italians flop down, which is every five minutes
Ltm017 4 years ago
Does New Zealand know how to bring the ball forward? Come on stop pulling it back. Someone has to take initiative and try to move it forward. They have got to do better than that. They can not expect to defend for the rest of the match
Football lingo:  If an Italian is fouled, or even beaten up brutally, call him a diver
Someone should tell the Italians to be a man and stay on their feet, this is embaressing
Ltm017 4 years ago
LMBO! The commentator called Italy "deeply pathetic and very embarrassing" wow that is hilarious
@kiwoli The Irish must be doing leprechaun dances and laughing their heads off at the French by now. I won't be surprised if France loses humiliatingly against South Africa. Heck, they might even score an own goal so that at least they get to score one this WC
Good move by Rikki Herbert taking Fallon off on a yellow card. The Italians would have gotten him sent off
Tell you what, NZ maybe minnows, but telling that the Refs should never give fouls against them is not acceptable
Italy dive any chance they get, Prag, lets be honest. I know you love them, but you admitted it yourself. Their goal was the result of a dive, end of argument. Any team that dives to get results against tiny teams should be just a bit embarrassed
NZ are playing a bit like rugby players, I think most of the fouls are fair calls. Of course the Italians exaggerate to make sure they get the call
Of course I face palmed for cheating against a minnow to get the result. But not all the fouls given against NZ are not a result of cheating.
Calling De Rossi a diver makes sense, but calling the whole Italian team as divers doesn't make any sense, whatsoever.
Meanwhile, no. 4 of NZ was holding his face for no reason. That certainly wouldn't make me calling the whole NZ team as cheaters.
Even if it was awarded a pen, I wouldn't have called the NZ's as cheaters
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow this is turning out to be some match! This is getting more and more intense. I honestly hope it comes out to a draw. Even though Italy are putting out their best efforts and New Zealand are defending their butts off! I just wonder if New Zealand will be able to hold on cause you know there is going to be a lot of extra time
If the game was based on possession or shots on target, Italy would be winning 10-1.

Prag: I have a lot of respect for Italy, its just joking around. I'm just disappointed that Italy had to cheat to get the penalty that's all. I mean - NZ could be winning right now. Can you imagine!
OH! Chris Wood, almost 2-1, excellent chance
@Ant: Of course, yes, I don't have any problems agreeing. Italy are lucky.
My one and only point is calling the whole team as diver is not sane.... But, oh I know you'd have felt robbed and getting denied a victory due to an act of cheating....
Anyway, Italy won't make it to the next stage. Hope that'd give you some solace.
Double post = fail
I want Italy to progress, I like them
Top game this one! The World Cups had some great games lately, seems I underestimated Italy's problems earlier too!
4 added mins
Do not want to see Cameronesi get his hair chopped off again
COME ON NEW ZEALAND
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow this is epic! I hope they can do it holding out so long! They have about a minute left!
Lippi is the wisest person in this whole wide world
That's 94 mins
Anyone want to laugh about New Zealand now?! I love it!
The minnows roar! Well done NZ!
Congrats NZ, that's A grade defending
Double post again.  Its officially my Fail day.
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow! I am happy for them! Even if they don't go on I am happy they got this out of it! Outstanding performance New Zealand!
Juventinos in Italy + Marcelo Lippi = EPIC FAIL.  (That ryhmes well too!)    Ugh why should my WC campaign end this early
I see these players week in week out, I've carried them off the pitch as stretcher bearer, I have never been so proud of them in my life
I am actually thankful that we didn't lose
Get out, get drunk and keep it in the pants Ant !
This World Cup has been full of surprises that I'm not even surprised anymore
LOL.... EPIC turn of events at the wc2010. Italy the newest member to join in. All due credit for NZ for putting up a great fight. They gave their hearts out and defended, Wood was close to win the match even, very close. The Italians looks liked a bunch of Dolphins Mark Paston is the MOM for me, he made some brilliant saves through the course of the game
Thank you, Lippi
I'm speechless, which is a new feeling for me. We almost won it!
Cann't say that Italy is out of the Worldcup, Just a win in their next match will put them through
Anyone care to kick his butts please?
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Yea! Way to go new Zealand ! I am so excited and happy for them. Hopefully this sparks more interest in football in that rugby nation. Again congratulations new Zealand yea new Zealand
Davids07 (FC Dynamo Kyiv) 4 years ago
Italy is going to progress for sure
Italy are too old
Italy are too old
Slovakia vs. Paraguay
Kickoff: 11.30 GMT

Post your comments below
Team Lineup

Slovakia: Jan Mucha, Jan Durica, Martin Skrtel, Kornel Salata, Peter Pekarik, Marek Hamsik, Zdeno Strba, Jan Kozak, Vladimir Weiss, Stanislav Sestak, Robert Vittek.

Paraguay: Justo Villar, Antolín Alcaraz, Paulo Da Silva, Claudio Morel Rodríguez, Carlos Bonet, Cristian Riveros, Victor Cáceres, Nelson Haedo Valdez, Enrique Vera, Roque Santa Cruz, Lucas Barrios
I'm going with Paraguay 2-1 or maybe 2-0
Ltm017 4 years ago
I like watching Paraguay. I want them to win this one. Hope it is an exciting match
Paraguay look the livelier of the 2- Slovakia barely creating any worthwhile chances
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow that was an unexpected goal! But it looked good either way! Yay Paraguay are ahead! They are looking better than Slovakia creating more chances so its good they got their goal
Paraguay are literally strangling their opponent, I haven't seen any other team put in so much of a work rate as Paraguay did in their first half. They are almost everywhere and get the ball back even before the opponent know they have it. What a goal by Vera, Paraguay is going to be a threat to everyone in this WC
Ltm017 4 years ago
Bad defending for Slovakia but still a great strike by Riveros. Otherwise its been a really dull game. This is why I like Paraguay because I don't know if it is just me but when Slovakia has the ball and good possession it gets kind of boring except for the one or two times they make run
Ltm017 4 years ago
Sorry double post.... I don't know why that happens
Wow Slovakia what a fail, I was expecting to lose, but I was at least hoping we could demonstrate something. The Slovak players seemed hung over almost

Kick4Life - changing lives through football