Hittash (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Argentina....  
Disbowl (Barcelona) 3 years ago
FCBarcelona!
Shuds (Barcelona) 4 years ago
This comment has been removed.
Sharpoon (Hull City) 4 years ago
Can’t wait! Fingers crossed it’s a good game and a Dutch victory!
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Pretty tentative stuff so far.... DeJong did an Evans
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
A typical hard-fought final I'd say, De Jong is lucky to still be on, and frankly so is Van Bommel, he could've been booked twice
Yeah.... They need to tone it down and get the ball moving
Hill (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I'm still at a loss for what the hell De Jong was thinking. So stupid
Ltm017 4 years ago
I Have to say not bad. A lot of tackles but now I think Holland is playing much better and they look more threatening. They look like the better team to win right now
That was horrible officiating by Howard Webb. He didn't even give a free kick?! Wow. I would not have given that ball back to Spain
I love watching Elia. Great player, lots of pace!
What is Webb playing at? Waiting so long to make these calls when clearly there is no advantage. Very questionable decisions going both ways here
Sam (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
Bringing on Fabregas at the last minute?
So. Can 5 players win the Golden Boot? Haha
Welcome to the wide world of Webb everyone.... I knew those group stage matches were flukes, what a tosser
I would have put my house on Cesc to put that in. I bet if he had been playing a lot through the tournament he would have passed it to Villa
Torres on
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow I know I will not regret this but Spain just lost. Villa out Torres on!
Iniesta is a despicable player. Absolutely low class the whole game. Minimal contact and just falls over. Horrible
Or zero contact like that last one
Ltm017 4 years ago
YAY! I am so happy! Spain won! Now I can breathe and regret what I said earlier!
Boooooo! Time to eat Paul the octopus and join the "Howard Webb is a c***" website!
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Lmao this proves my point even more that Robben is a rubbish player. So many times he could have won it but he couldn't do it because he can't use his right foot at all lmao. Great game by spain, Iniesta player of the world cup
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
D: Why can't robben freaking finish?! Netherlands deserved that in normal time. Also the ref left a lot to be desired. Ugly match in all I'm still hurting my self over it
★★█▐▐▐▐▐▀▌▐█▀▐█▀▐▀█▐▀█▐██▐▐▀█★★
★★▐█▐░█▐▀▌▐█▀░▐█▐█▀▐▀█▐░██▐▀█★★
★★░░░░░░░░▐██▐██▐█░▐░█▐░██▐░█★★
Curse you shuds lol
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
WHY Robben WHY?

Wrong yellow on Heitenga. Goal scored from goal kick that was supposed to be Netherlands corner. Spain didn't play like champions. With all said congrats spain
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 4 years ago
Indeed Spain didn't play like champions but they did enough I'm kinda disappointed with this years WC.... Slightly because I was expecting a team to storm their way to the trophy, oh well congrats spain
CHELSEA61 (Footytube Moderator) 4 years ago
Neither of these teams played like champions. This game was like watching a back alley pick up game. Howard Webb did a great job with the officiating. I don't blame him one bit for all the cards, in fact there should have been more. Robben kicking the ball into the net after the whistle should have been a card and De Jong's kick to Xabi Alonso's chest should have been a card too. I could go on and on but the disapointing fact is both these teams played a very ugly game and unfortunately one of them had to be crowned champion. Congrats Spain for winning the dirt-bowl
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Webb was fine. If he had sent off two players each team he would have been torn apart. He just wanted the game to continue as a match and not a farce. The two teams kicked lumps off each other, what could he do without destroying the game?
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Ugly match. When I mean ugly, I mean awfully ugly.
It was pathetic to see Iniesta, Robben and Sneijder dive and fall to the ground, grabbing their legs for the slightest collisions
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
@Ant:Webb was fine considering the fact that both teams were as aggressive as Mike tyson. At the same time their acting skills were better than any acadamy award winning actors. So cannot expect more from Webb.
But Iniesta's goal was a result of poor refereeing. He awarded a goal kick instead of a Corner kick for Holland which ended as a goal. Though he is an indirect reason he is the one to be blamed
Uruguay vs. Germany
Kickoff: 18.30 GMT

Post your comments below
Uruguay! Show 'em germans lol
4 years ago
No Klose, Podolski or Lahm. Vamos Uruguay!
I think this might be a bit of an odd game, both teams should be going for it though it adds to your world cup record! Germany are weakened, but I should think they'll come out on top
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow.... Why isn't Klose, Podolski and Lahm not playing?
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Lahm and Podolski have the flu apparently, have no idea why Klose isn't playing. Little peeved, this is probably his curtain call with the WC run over all these years
Wow. I would be extremely mad if I were Klose. That is just inexplicable to me
4 years ago
Klose has flu.... And a back injury
Good open feel to the game, expansive football. Have a feeling it won't happen tomorrow though
5 for Muller ! At this rate, he'll beat Klose and Ronaldo eventually
Ltm017 4 years ago
Germany sure are missing their 3 players right now. Wow...
Give Suarez a break. Give him a kit kat at halftime.   I hope he scores and shuts everybody up
Ltm017 4 years ago
I hope he goes home and never scores! Glorifying cheater!
Actually comforting that people boo instead of going bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz constantly  
Ltm017 4 years ago
Forlan is amazing! What a goal!
The Uruguayan goalkeeper is flapping all over the place tonight
Yeah, Muslera has been playing well this WC, but tonight he's looking very shaky.
What a goal from Diego Forlán! One to compete with the great strike from Van Bronckhorst
Saurez is having a pretty good game, even through the abuse all that abuse. Quietly hoping he scores one, shuts up the haters
Decent game so far, four goals and a couple were quite good. Seeing two players chasing the golden boot is always good too
Ltm017 4 years ago
LMBO! What is this? It hit the bar! Wow now they know how Ghana felt!
So close for Forlán! Wish he had scored, I wouldn't mind extra time and I've taken a liking to him during this WC. Very classy and capable of everything a good striker needs
What a game, lived up to the expectations of a 3rd place play-off. Great to watch, no team held back
On the downside: I'd have probably been 3rd in DF (PRO+ anyway) had it not been for Lahm, my star defender to be sick. Xavi and Van Persie better shine tomorrow
In my opinion Muslera had a horrible game- no confidence coming out for the ball, poor positioning-just a horrendously off night
Awesome game in the end, very open
Jimmybreeze 4 years ago
Jeroen, sorry to keep your hypothetical feet on the ground but it wouldn't have made such a grand difference; Ozil is my midfield maestro so I would have walked away with 4 more points than you. I also realised there is a possibility of the independent points board awarding an undeserved assist to Ozil for the last game, as they did with Van Der Vaart and not Van Persie, although clearly Ozil shouldn't get it as it hit two people in the space of time between the ball leaving Ozil's boot and Khedira sending it into the far corner. The final on the other hand, is a different matter. I believe you have two star players in it, although I only have one. But you have something like 10 points to make up, so I would say we are evenly matched going into it. Whatever happens, I think either of us would look good in the 3rd spot, even though I have to say I am surprised my team made it up that high. Somewhere on this site you wrote about substitutes potentially making a big difference in the points tally and I will definitely agree with you, although in my case it only made a noticeable difference, not a substantial one.

Good luck in the final tomorrow, although from what I've seen there is a very good chance of you dancing drunk on top of a table in some pub, somewhere, regardless of which team wins, as you support both teams. I personally would like Netherlands to win, I believe with much more pressure than the Germans exerted in their game with the Spaniards, this Spanish team will make mistakes.
Anyway, good night. I have to pack for university. Mum is getting on my back, I think she went to get the frying pan. Will be interesting to read your reaction tomorrow. Until then
Thanks Jimmy. And you're right about that 3rd spot, but I'm pretty sure Lahm wouldn't have made the mistakes Aogo had, so the Uruguayans wouldn't have scored that first goal (or was it the second?).
I hope the Netherlands win too, but since Spain is as good as Barcelona, I won't be unhappy when tey win their first WC either. Still: Holland, and my family there, would go crazy when they would actually win. I give them about 40% chance
Germany vs. Spain

Post your comments below
This should be brilliant, Spain are really gonna' have to up their play
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Looks like Pedro will start instead of torres today.
This coach always prefers Barca players, I mean he could have easily given chance to Silva, mata or Navas
On current form Germany should win comfortabley, but if Spain play like they can this could be a real classic!
Hahaaah, Pitch invader ! What we really need is a female streaker
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, zzzzzzz, zzzzzzz, ! Zzzzzzz. In short wake me up when its over. I hope we see something different second in the half
Golaire (Bayern München) 4 years ago
The linesmen are horrid, they have made a few incorrect calls and they are slow to react. Very dull match so far.  
Spain have been much better though really, they have been able to work their quick passing better than their past matches. We're gonna' get a goal in the second half, I feel it
OMG! Carlos Puyol! Is it going to be a one goal game?
f****n puyol I'm gonna' lose dreamfootylike this hehe go germany score plzz
Paul was right again. Fantastic win for spain.   Link: news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10521867.stm...
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
And Spain advance against most people's odds. And in fact they did as they usually do play at the same level as the opposing team and done just enough to win. But this time they fully controlled the entire match. Unfortunately Pedro has no idea how important a couple of un-selfish passes could have been
Ltm017 4 years ago
I am sooo happy! Happy that Spain made it this far that they are going for the big win! Happy that we will have a new winner!
Should have been 2-0 but Pedro becomes too selfish. Great game though Spain deserved it and the Holland Spain final is to close to even call. Spain keep wining 1-0 holland just keep winning lol
Ooooh waaaaaaaaw I'm like soo happy we have a new winner.... You don even know me foo
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
@Zizoo what exactly are you even saying? Lol
A great win for La Furia Roja today, a clean game without a single yellow. Spain played really well kept possession and kept probing at the German defence. Lots of shots and a great goal by Puyol. The goal reminded me of the one he got against Real Madrid a few years back. The midfield worked really hard to keep Germany at bay and all their efforts paid off.

Vamos España, la copa es nuestra para ganar !
Uruguay vs. Netherlands

Post your comments below
Holland are going to rip Uruguay to shreds
I'm not so sure. Every time we think a team is going to rip another apart it doesn't happen haha. I sure hope it does though!
Team Lineup

Uruguay: Fernando Muslera, Diego Godín, Mauricio Victorino, Martín Cáceres, Maxi Pereira, Egidio Arévalo, Diego Pérez, Diego Forlán, Edinson Cavani, Walter Gargano, Álvaro Pereira

Formation: 4-4-2

Netherlands: Maarten Stekelenburg, Joris Mathijsen, John Heitinga, Giovanni Van Bronckhorst, Khalid Boulahrouz, Mark Van Bommel, Demy De Zeeuw, Robin Van Persie, Wesley Sneijder, Arjen Robben, Dirk Kuyt

Formation: 4-2-3-1
Surprise haha same lineup every match from the Netherlands
Uruguay are no pushovers but if the Dutch play like they did against Brazil they should win quite nicely. Also the lack of Suarez will not help the Uruguayans!
Goal of the tournament, definatly
ElPeloHernandez (America de Cali) 4 years ago
Goal for Uruguay! The game stands at 1-1
I think Uruguay deserve to win because they play well all tournament and they have played tough games showing that they have what it takes to play in the finals yea Suarez got the handball but who wouldn't.... And well I also want Netherlands to pay for the Brazil match.

Who wants who to win?
Oops double post
Bad goalkeeping D:
Anfieldhero (Liverpool) 4 years ago
The first half was a bit drab.... Hope it lightens up in the second. Van Bommel is aweful so far. He is not orchestrating anything and Sneijder is dropping too deep to dictate
What a goal by Van Bronckhorst and Stekelenburg should have done better with the Forlan strike. Nicely poised and looking forward to some fireworks from both sides
Two pretty goals and lots of contact in the midfield. I don't call that drab. Both sides are still in it, excitement on both sides. Its great for everybody to have a close game like this
Looks like an All European final. Sneijder was lucky to get that goal, no doubts about Robben's header though
Looks to be the Netherlands in the final, and deservedly so you have to say.    And robben should have just made it 4!
Good game sad for Uruguay close at the end.  I am going to eat an orange with the number 11 on it maybe it'll make me feel better.  
The Oranje machine just too sexy.... 5000 kg of Respect for UruguaY they played like warriors without key players
Two fantastic goals. Is it me or is Robben actually not that good at football? He can actually only use his left foot
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Predicted a 4-1 or 4-0 win by Holland.... Uruguay played awesome.... This sets up Spain to win it all.... Holland will not beat Spain playing like this...
Yeaaaahhh! Amazing goals by both sides, I really didn't want Uruguay to win and was scared that they would but it turned out for the best in the end. Nice to see Sneijder and Robben scoring and those goals by VanBronkhorst and Forlan were spectacular! I say godDAMN!

@Rob12 : If you just have an unbelievable left foot it's bound to be better than two okay feet And skillful left footers are kinda rare these days after the culling in the 70s by the Catholic Church, hahaha
Forlan's strike really wasn't that awesome Jet. It was lucky, the keeper made a bad mistake. Still good work to get into the positions though.

Great game overall Netherlands should have won by more. And what a strike by gio, jeez I was amazed
Is anyone else a bit peeved that Uruguay took Forlan off with about 10 minutes remaining? Makes me wonder if they could have done it had he still been on...
Yeah.... This World Cup will be remembered for two things the "infamous" vuvuzela and the unpredictable Jabulani ball.... And the referee c**k-ups.... Wait, that's three things!
Actually every world cup is know for referee mistakes
Paraguay vs. Spain

Post your comments below
Spain are through in my mind, But they still gotto go out there and play
Would be a hard time for Spain, Paraguay has a wonderfully packed mid
Spain have got to be better than they have been previously this world cup
Team Lineup

Paraguay: Justo Villar, Antolín Alcaraz, Paulo Da Silva, Claudio Morel Rodríguez, Dario Verón, Victor Cáceres, Cristian Riveros, Édgar Barreto, Nelson Haedo Valdez, Óscar Cardozo, Jonathan Santana

Formation: 4-3-3

Spain: Iker Casillas, Carles Puyol, Gerard Piqué, Joan Capdevila, Sergio Ramos, Sergio Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, David Villa, Fernando Torres, Andrés Iniesta

Formation: 4-3-3
Ltm017 4 years ago
Good Start for Paraguay. Spain have to do better than they have done so far. If they are not careful they will get knocked out by Paraguay tonight!
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow! Paraguay look the one to win the match. A goal disallowed because of offside!
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Great first half from paraguay, they got their tactics just right, and if they can keep this up in the second half, I can see them sneaking a 1-0 win, spain are well underpar, and you can see puyol's days are numbered
Great half from Paraguay, there showing they really want to win this game unlike spain so far
LMAO! I just saw an interview with a paraguay fan and the reporter asked him how he became a fan and he said, Two reasons, Can anybody guess what those two reasons were?
Ltm017 4 years ago
Spain are playing like garbage right now. I see Paraguay winning!
Penalty?! Oh my god!
What a great save. Oh my goodness. Cassillas is a great keeper. And you gotta' be shitting me. How do you give that clear dive a PK. Wow
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow two penalties in less than 2 minutes! Two Penalties saved!
I think I just s**t my pants. Good god. You have to be kidding me?! Haha
Talk about drama! Wow! How close was that call on the player offside on the penalty kick? Even in slow motion its hard to tell
John Harkes is sitting here saying its a PK. I disagree. I mean sure the keeper clipped him, but the way players fall so easily.... No way. Cesc was on his way down as soon as he touched it
Lmfao at this game
Haha Rob12 I agree. This is so awesome
Ltm017 4 years ago
Hill watch it again. Fabregas had the ball and he did not go down until Villar touched him. He had control until that point. He was not on his way down.

Either way it was good drama and I think Paraguay is looking better
Lyk, zomg ! Thiz gamez redikyolus
Ltm017 4 years ago
Well Spain did it! Wow Cardoza and Gyan are going to have nightmares for years to come. Missing a Penalty that cost your team the win.

Well I hope at least that Spain can give Germany a good match
Ethiogunner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Well this should shut up all da people who think a penalty is an automatic goal.  
Hmm, If spain play like this against Germany, then Germany will win about 7-0. Spain can play alot better but Germanys midfield is just amazing. Be a fantastic game to watch,
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Spain Germany match will be the best of the WC I think.... Everyone thinks Germany will crush them.... I don't think so. I see a 1-1 draw.... Then kicks!
Freaking heck haha, that was exciting
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Fantastic game, when Casillas botched that save from Lucas and the ball came out to Santa Cruz I was yelling almost as loudly as I did for the USA, wanted him to score it so bad. Too bad Casillas made a great second save, if Santa Cruz had put it either side of him, would have gone to penalties. One of the best games of the tournament so far in my opinion
No more Larissa Riquelme
Argentina vs. Germany
Kickoff: 14.00 GMT

Post your comments below
Team Lineup

Argentina: Sergio Romero, Nicolás Burdisso, Martín Demichelis, Javier Mascherano, Gabriel Heinze, Nicolás Otamendi, Lionel Messi, Ángel Di María, Maxi Rodríguez, Gonzalo Higuaín, Carlos Tévez

Formation: 4-1-2-1-2

Germany: Manuel Neuer, Arne Friedrich, Per Mertesacker, Jerome Boateng, Philipp Lahm, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Sami Khedira, Miroslav Klose, Mesut Özil, Lukas Podolski, Thomas Müller

Formation: 4-2-3-1
Nearly impossible to pick a winner here, I’d like Germany to win but I don’t know if they will. I think the Argies are stronger in attack but weaker in defence than the Germans so this one could go either way. Surely the hardest game to call all tournament
I will pick the winner.... Argentina I think Germany could be in trouble
All out attack begins shortly!
I want it to be Holland Germany final.... But I also want Argentina to win lol.... Hmmm tough tough
Ltm017 4 years ago
I think Germany has better defending and that could be the difference. But I just want a good match!    
Wow! Germany scored already...
OMG Germany scored already
Ltm017 4 years ago
Ha! Argentina are going down faster than I would have thought.... I see them exiting after that...
The ball-boy grew up Diego, quick
Nice to see the ref letting play continue instead of stopping for every single foul
I hope all the game is as end-to-end as the first 8 minutes!
Will they stop the f*****g handballs! What is wrong with these "footballers"...
Germany look really strong
This is insane, if Arg get one back it could be an amazing game. ARG rely on goals for, and their defence looks shoddy
Ltm017 4 years ago
Germany are looking so much better right now. Like Argentina is not even competition. They look ready to get another one very soon. If Argentina don't shape up I don;t think they will be able to come back
Germany look so very hungry for this, chasing every single ball. Reminds me of the game against England when Klose ran 40 yards at full pace just to stop the ball going for a goal kick to England
Argentina are getting back into the game but they keep dropping down for free kicks on attack, expecting the whistle, and should just stay on their feet
Messi and Maxi look desperate to get the ball, run at defenders, but does Maradona have the balls to fix this awful defence? Another goal conceded might be too much
Germany look insanely good in closing down whenever Argentina has the ball and on top of that make good use of it when they have it. Lahm is playing at right midfield more than being a right back. Have a feeling Klose has the tank for one goal today
Germany are playing every man back, defending completely and want to attack with speed on the break
Di Maria has been so rubbish who gave him a 20Mil price tag...
Messi is having to come all the way to the half-line just to pick up the ball for a forward run. Really is incredible how the Germans deliver time and again with an assured confidence in international tournaments despite being the youngest team in the tournament. Picture of concentration - the Germans. They look focused. A goal for Argentina will certainly open things up
Argentina seem to be getting close to a goal...
The Referee strikes ! No need for a yellow on Muller, should've just been a free-kick
Offside goal! Argentina have had three excellent chances recently - Germany look rattled
Easy offside decision there. The Argies are gettin back into this though
Ltm017 4 years ago
Ha I bet Mexico is laughing right now for that offside goal. Argentina are losing their cool.... Germany is still playing the better game. Aguero needs to come on.... Take off tevez
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 4 years ago
I bet you are right about Mexico! Lol I have said it before and I will say it again move Messi to right wing and watch the game change instantly. When maradona figures this out Argentina will solve the German defence!
It's a cliche but the next goal is vital. If Germany get it they'll go even more defensive, if possible! If Argentina get it we have one hell of a game on our hands
Placing Messi in the middle allows Germany to compact their defending four and try to defend Argentina's mids with a midfield player. Push Messi to his regular position and you will cause germany to play wider in the back in response = more room for Higuian and Tevez
Man the real cliche is how you expect every player to sky the ball when taking a shot at goal from distance. Germany should be happy that half-time came around, Argentina were starting to really get in the game
Ltm017 4 years ago
I agree bigshel but I still believe they need to take out tevez and put in aguero. It was the same thing with Villa put him on the left and it changed everything. Maradona needs to change his tactics fast because it is not looking good. Also he need to get someone stronger in the midfield because they are losing it.

I also would like Argentina to score so I can watch a really good game!
I'd love to see an Argentina goal soon
Commentator quote about Germanys 32m free kick "That wasn't very good. "
Move Messi to right wing DiMaria to left and put whoever you want at striker for me it does not matter because Messi will shred Germany's defence from that side and not to disrespect Germany because although not stellar thay have played very well so far but their defence can be beaten and Argentina has the tools but right now Maradona is trying to tighten a bolt with a Phillups head. Lol
Germany are holding on by the skin of their teeth here
Wow Lhamm just saved their bacon!
Ltm017 4 years ago
Argentina are finished! That is it!
Don't they always do that? One chance in the second half, goal. I'm disappointed. Now the spotlights on Maradona - all out attack I say
Argentina are going out then
Maradona's looking a little confused right now why are none of the assistants giving him any advise?
Utter destruction of the argentines is going on now...
This is crazy. Germany are playing incredibly simple football, perfectly. 3-0. I said earlier today that I thought Germany would dissect Argentina but this doesn't feel like a scoreline that reflects the game
The German Chancellor has bragging rights in the next G-8 summit
Ltm017 4 years ago
Maradona I so stupid right now! He does not know when to make the right subs! Now it is over for Argentina!
Allow an early goal to the Germans, and you are dead!  First England, now Argentina-hammered!
Messi has played almost as a defensive mid here out of desperation. That more or less describes the game in a sentence
This game shows Maradona's defficiencies as a coach tactically he is getting massacred
Ltm017 4 years ago
Now that is just embarrassing! 4-0! Wow
Unbelievable really!
Even England were a bigger threat
Wow, 15 goals for Klose. Ties Ronaldo as the most prolific scorer in the WC ever. I knew he had one goal coming from him today, but this is a whitewash overall
Massacre is an understatement!  4-0 is ridiculous
Klose! And a forward flip celebration! He's scored more than Pele, and how many more before the WC ends?

This is the England game all over again
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow I can't get over this! First Ausstralia, then England and now Argentina! It looks like Germany are set to win wc2010
I feel for Maradona. 4-0 is a shocker
Unbelievable.... Low's team dismantled Diego's Argentina piece by piece. Argentina didn't know what hit them.... And now Klose is 3 (?) goals away from Big Ron's World Cup goals record.... At least England and Australia can feel a little better that they didn't concede more than 4 in their games!
I like Kloses chances to break Ronaldo's record of 15. Now no matter what he gets two more games. He only needs two more!
Ah, he's one goal away Jet, I thought he had equalled it after today's game
Yes this could be a a remake of the 1974 world cup final now. Klose should now break Ronaldo's record
Ltm017 4 years ago
Haha Adidas commercial is taking out those players one by one. David Villa next? Spain?
Ah, thanks Raj! I can't keep track anymore of Klose's goals, coming too fast, too furious!  
The Germans have been massively underrated this tournament, you CAN win with kids and the Germans are now favourites in my eyes
.... And that ends Messi's goal-less world cup campaign.... I remember some picked himself and Rooney as favorites for the Golden Boot
Klose has 14 right now and Ronaldo 15 klose still needs two goals
Can't wait to see the Hitler parody video of this result. Even ol' Adolf has got to be jumping in his hatch after that one
The parody will probably come when Germany lose to Netherlands in the final even though they played the better football. The exact opposite of 1974!
Absolutely clinical. German strategy worked to perfection. Argentine players looked lost and Messi was marked perfectly. European clubs will be taking notes on how to defend Messi. Mind you he wasn't used very well by Maradona. Whoever wins the next game (Spain v Paraguay) Will have some work to do to beat this German side
Maradona's tactics: Score. His team failed him.

Absolute destruction, Argentina looked like they had never seen a football before. The German's didn't even play that amazing
4-0. One of the few times a German spanking wasn't kinky
It only took them 5 minutes to take the lead-erhosen and make a messi of things, crazy!
Argentina really got their tactics all wrong, they should have played this game with more caution than attacking power knowing how the Germans have been performing at this WC. The defence was just atrocious to say the least, in the 3rd goal the people who were actually trying to stop Schweinsteiger from cutting in were Di Maria, Higuain and Pastore, where the hell were the center backs? All credit to Germany for using their chances well
StefanJay (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Maradona's tactics were finally exposed. Good game from Germany
Uruguay vs. Ghana

Post your comments below
Vote for your man of the match here.   Link: www.footytube.com/forums/world-cup/wc-2010-man-of-...
Ltm017 4 years ago
I want Ghana to win this but I know Uruguay is most likely to win. I think they are just the better team but one can always hope for Ghana. Also if Essien was playing I wouldn't have a doubt Ghana could put this away.... But I just hope for a good match
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I think its quite fairly matched
Ltm017 4 years ago
Ghana is awful right now! Beside two good chances I don't see it! Uruguay look the better to win this. If they can make it to half time then maybe something can happen
Ltm017 4 years ago
YES! Goal for Ghana they are finally playing better! Even if they don't win I would just like to see them make it to the semis!
Wow, what a strike from sully muntari, and you can't say they don't deserve it, they have been pushing after a good start by uruguay
Amazing Ghana played themselves into it and have the lead with a surprise strike
What a GOAL by Munatari, it was very silly of Uruguay to leave Sulley alone    Go Ghana !
All the Jabulani balls should be collected after the WC and burned!
Extra time? , I think you could toss a coin for this one, it would be great to see the african team make the semi finals.... Go ghana, I love their attitude to the game, they play with a freedom
I know your talking balls sam, but I gotta' agree with you, its just a pity they didn't burn them before the tournament started, classy players were made to look ordinary with this ball
Ghana to win on penalites! Come on!
No way, he's missed the penalty? , what a finish.... Penalties
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow Gyan just kicked out Ghana! What a screw up!
I didn't think ghana would win it on penalties, especially after gyans last minute penalty miss, it seemed to affect the team, bad luck ghana
That is why they call him "Loco" in Uruguay! Ridiculous penalty!
Golaire (Bayern München) 4 years ago
Oh Ghana! The match was yours to win, but you scuffed that penalty. Really sad for Africa.
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
That has to be the most dramatic ending so far...
Lmao this game was actually amazing well the ending. The guy who handballed it is a Uruguay legend now as that was going in
@ Rob12 - I hear what your saying, Gyan really should have nailed his Penalty and now Suarez is a legend because he handled the ball. Ghana should have gone forward, what a turn of event and to top it all the Ghanaians took some really bad penalty kicks
Netherlands vs. Brazil

Post your comments below
Vote for your man of the match here.   Link: www.footytube.com/forums/world-cup/wc-2010-man-of-...
This will no doubt be the Brazilian defence’s toughest test yet with Robben, Van Persie and Sneijder to contend with, but I still can’t see past them reaching the semis. They just seem to turn it on when they need and Fabiano is always there to finish it!
Ltm017 4 years ago
It will probably be very difficult or unlikely but I want Netherlands. I am one of those people that would actually want someone new to win it this time around!
What on earth happens to Felipe Melo when he puts on that Brazil jersey? He is rubbish for Juve!
If Netherlands were to play in the same way in the second half, then serve them right for losing. Leaving the attack to 2 players in the entire half. Oh please. Robben is surrounded by what? 5 or 6 Brazilians and the only nearby Dutch is RVP? Do they seriously think they had a Maradona in Robben? Dribble past 6 Belgiums? These are Brazilians! Where is the teamwork?
MariusV (Manchester United) 4 years ago
The very last shot before the half time whistle should of been a corner, it hit of the holland keepers finger tips. Brazil are doing great, holland get their chances every now and then
Ltm017 4 years ago
I agree Juno! It really is not a good display by Netherlands I expected a lot better. They can't expect to sit back and leave players in the half and have RVP up top by himself with Robben sometimes. Its not looking good for them at all.... It does look lik everyone is just there to play their position and that's it. Really awful
Robinho had all the time in the world! Holland's defence looks Arsenal-like...
Yes! That's more like it! Game on!
@Sam what would you rather and OG or a bad game
Robin...
Hahaha- no idea.... Guess that's more like the Melo I know (although Julio Cesar should have gotten that ball!)
Sammoo, likely that Melo put on a Juve jersey undernearth for the 2nd half. Boom ! Own-goal.

The Brazilians still are the ones doing most of the attackin, Dutch looked very static up front in the 1st half. Atleast things are opening up now with the scores level. If it wasn't for De Jong and Van Basten they'd have been over-run in midfield for sure.

Pass the ball Robben ! Guy dribbles till the cleaners leave
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
I question Dunga about Felipe Melo, there are so many good holding/defensive midfielders out there, and I've no idea why he put on Felipe Melo. Melo does nothing except commit silly fouls and ridiculously disturbs his goalie from catching the ball, good job.

It's on, 1-1
Gilberto Melo is on for Bastos, lets hope he will be not as s**t as felipe Melo
Orannnnnjjjeeeee!
Yeees! Get in there son
Kiwoli (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Sneijder header! He's 170cm!
Praying Brazil to get knocked out!
Sneider was Melo's man so no worries Sam he is the same Juve player you see every week
Hieeeeyaaaah ! Gran just jumped over to the next grave after that one
Red card! WTF?
Right! He's definitely the Melo everyone knew with that Red!
RED card melo yes he 4sure is the same guy
Hahaaaahaha. Melo. Douche
They should give Robinho with a Yellow...
There you go! Felipe Melo- the scourge of Brazilian football! Hope he stays in SA and doesn't bother coming back to Italy!
Yeah...
Kiwoli (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
No class there Melo, ref needs to exert some control. Finally a game worthy of staying up late for
Hup Holland Hup!
Melo is not worthy to be in Brazil, not worthy to be in Juve. He isn't even worthy to be in anywhere. He is the new villain of the world cup, point blank
Van Persie should practise more with the ball.... He skied 2 freekicks already...
Give the guy a break Junebug. Probably trying to leave a mark on the blonde in row Z
Still injured it looks like.... He got a knock a couple of games back on the ankle...
Why didn't Kuyt pull the trigger! Argghgh
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
YES! Netherlands!
Melo knocked out Brazil
Yes!
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Brazril is going home because they played like dunga!
On the bright side.... He probably won't get selected for the Selecao anymore
Played like KAKA
Brazil's media is gonna' slaughter Dunga btw. Dunga made Enemies with all their press back in their homeland
Oh yes! Nice passing and control to see the game out. Though they should have just scored that one time
In your face Dunga!IN YOUR FACE!
This is what happens when you crap on the samba, and you don't pick ronaldinho and PATO!
I am soo excited that Dunga's men are out!
HahahahA! Me too Prag, it's a wonderful day!
Yeah, but wonderful is an understatement  I was shouting like a hypocrite, and even now I can't stop shouting!
Words can't describe my emotions
I'm glad Brazil went out. I hope Holland go on to win because they deserve it more than anyone
Argh! Three days with no football is too much. Need more football!
Spain vs. Portugal

Post your comments below
RealFan (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
That will be a great match!    1-1, and then it will go into penalties
RealFan (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
That will be a great match!    1-1, and then it will go into penalties
Is there a big rivalry between these two? I would imagine so considering they're neighbours
Yea, it's a big match, and obviously not just for pride. This will be a good one I can tell
Yeah this must be massive for both nations I'm not aware of rivalry which is unusual but everyone wants to beat their neighbours
There is a rivalry but it is not as fierce as it was in the 80s
Good goal. Great pass. Too bad for Portugal. They were looking pretty good
Great game, great result.... We did take the game to them. Eduardo made some massive stops and deserves to be the MOM
Guys I created a topic under the WC 2010 Forum, called `WC 2010 - Man of the Match` where you can vote for your man of the match for all match's from round of 16 onwards...

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/world-cup/wc-2010-man-of-...
Paraguay vs. Japan

Post your comments below
I hope Japan win
Nobody's watching?
You are missing out many!The final 10 mins of the second half and the extra time so far is exciting and both the teams are missing goals by mm's
Well done Paraguay, they took some decent penalties. If they repeat this performance in the next round though Spain or Portugal will destroy them
Damnit. I missed the shootout.
I watched the game, but had to go to class right when the shootout started
Well done Paraguay on the pens. They were ice cool. Japanese keeper made his dives very early, and that was a huge advantage for the Paraguyans.
Great match
I actually honestly enjoyed this match, it's a shame Japan are out but I think Paraguay will be more of a challenge against spain
Brazil vs. Chile

Post your comments below
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Predictions?    2-1 to Brazil
2-1 to Chile!Go underdogs!And also Dunga has seriously spoiled the Samba.... I desperately want the Chileans to go through, ie, Dunga and co to K. Oh
It looks all over with 30 minutes left, 3-0 brazil, too easy
Ouch.... Chile need work, but Brasil was brilliant as well
Netherlands vs. Slovakia

Post your comments below
Ok predictions?    Netherlands 2 and Slovakia 0  
Sorry double post....  
No Robben for Netherlands so they must be confident, 2-0! Think I might support them now, be nice to see a different team win and they're a bit of an underdog
Robben is playing for Netherlands today Sharpoon!
Could have sworn I didn't see his name! I'll say 3-0 then
Ltm017 4 years ago
Yeah here is the line-up

Holland: Stekelenburg; Van der Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Van Bronckhorst; De Jong, Van Bommel; Kuyt, Sneijder, Robben; Van Persie.

Slovakia: Mucha; Pekarik, Skrtel, Durica, Zabavnik; Kucka, Hamsik; Weiss, Jendrisek, Stoch; Vittek
Van Persie to score!
Well done to slovakia though, a country of only 5. 5 million people to get to the last 16 is some achievemnt
I don't think population has anything to do with quality of teams or lack of quality
It helps! The more people to pick from means you should have a bigger pool of talent
The dutch looked good, they should have converted more that's all

Kick4Life - changing lives through football