Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
World Cup 2010 Anthems
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
Our official charity partners at Kick4Life have collaborated with Thomas Spencer Wortley to produce 'We are England Underneath", a rather splendid unofficial England World Cup 2010 song.

The shoot for the video saw supporters from every English club in the Premiership, Championship and Leagues 1 and 2 represented in the video, with over 90 fans coming together on the day to convey one simple message

"....Football has the ability to put aside differences and unite people from all backgrounds and beliefs."

You can buy the single Here with all profits going to Kick4Life to help raise HiV awareness in Africa. The single is also currently available for purchase in selected UK record shops, and will be released on iTunes on Monday.

Whilst we're on the subject of World Cup songs, you may be interested in hearing the Official World Cup 2010 Coke anthem by Somalian born, K'naan.

The song takes a welcome break from the clichés you may expect to find in a typical corporate sponsored World Cup anthem. Instead, the song pays bittersweet homage to the struggles, hardships and sheer perseverance of the ordinary men and women that K'naan grew up with in war-torn Somalia.

I've embedded a chillingly beautiful acoustic version of the song below (with the original lyrics), taken from his album Troubadour. You can buy the album at Itunes.

And here's the official studio version of the song (with updated World Cup lyrics), set to a rather lovely fan-made montage. I Defy anyone to watch this without getting pre-world-cup goose pimples

Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Fantastic video I usually don't like supporting Itunes, but I will definitely be buying that single as well
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 4 years ago
The video was indeed awesome I will be making the second version into my ringtone for the rest of the summer. And Lee, yes the world cup just keep creeping into my thoughts more and more. This anticipation is killing me. Cannot wait for the US v England match.
Sukjunar (Liverpool) 4 years ago
The third video never fails to amaze me in a different way every time I watch it.
Isn't it so moving to see so many people in this whole world united with just a ball and some nets?
I think that's the beauty of the sport - for strictly a month every four years, the world slows down to take time to realize that something so minute as football can unite us all.

I, for one, cannot wait for this
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 4 years ago
Two thumbs up!
Crewmanu (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Agreed sukjunar.... Everything you said was spot on.... We need to look at this common love.... Not the social, political and religious differences.... One love
Ponchoman17 (Internacional Porto Alegre) 4 years ago
Woot woot
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Thumbs up deffo
Masanasri (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Wow the third video is spectacular
Ari88 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Aww I love the 3rd one it made me cry, whats the name of the song...
Ari88 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Lol blonde moment "wavin flag" by k'naan
Don't we all have those moments, at least you spotted it It is a beautiful song though ya
Nykmeister (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Love that 3rd video, SO excited FOR THIS world CUP !
Datsik (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Only a month until the greatest sporting event in the world begins!
Jwlee20 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Just watched the last one.... SO epic  What's the name of the song?
Jwlee20 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Woops didn't read the comment above, I definitely got goose bumps on that video hahah can't wait till World Cup!
Arehman (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I got the goose bumps too dude! Can't wait for this most beautiful of occasions!    Unite the earth
KNVBKOP (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Watched it three times in a row. Wow. I am so excited
Dhruv11 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Bring it oN! Can't wait for it!
Samlim (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing the these videos. The third video is amazing!
Terobajey (Arsenal) 4 years ago
A beautiful and excellent video!
Ole OLe OLe OLE USA USA! Haha, that's going to by my anthem. Only it's OOOO SA instead of you. And Eventually it becomes Ole ole ole ola OOOO SSS Ahh! OOO S AHH!

Great one Lee I am so excited for the WC. I promised my dad I would stay sober till it starts So I am even more excited for it than I usually would. It is the best event in the world, sporting or otherwise. Better than any music festival, maybe a baby being born or a wedding is better, but that doesn't effect every single person in the world haha
Omar (Arsenal) 4 years ago
This is going to awesome!
Most of us will probably be watching on Television, but I wonder how those that are actually going South Africa feel!

Found it hilarious how at the end, the annotation said something regarding COD. Haha
Ninikolaev (Arsenal) 4 years ago
".... Football has the ability to put aside differences and unite people from all backgrounds and beliefs. " .... Unless these people support different football teams...
Juanimus (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Wavin flag is my now my favorite song.... Can't WAIT FOR THE WC!
The beautiful game unites the world.... Magic
There are more countries involved in FIFA than there in the united nations.... Football  =one love

Kick4Life - changing lives through football