Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
Why Wasn't Iniesta Sent Off For The Second Yellow?
Hisperati (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Why wasn't Iniesta sent off for the second yellow he got in the same game? I thought the rule was, 'A second yellow card at the same game leads to a red card, and therefore to a sending-off. '
Alucard41 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I certainly didn't see him get a second card.... The only one he got was when he took his shirt off
Golaire (Bayern München) 4 years ago
The ref was just being fair, he had let the Dutch off the hook a few times. He was trying to avoid handing out a red card for as long as possible to not spoil the final. Funny thing is, there was absolutly nothing to spoil!
Ellobo (Arsenal) 4 years ago
He only received one yellow card; when he took his jersey off, but remember that when he knocked off van Bommel, he was not booked
So what happened to the rules? Why didn't two yellows make a red?
Kushdog21 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
There was only one yellow given as far as I know (116').... No rules were broken if that was the case. When (what minute) were the two yellows given?
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
He only got one for taking his shirt off....

Check here

Link: www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=249721/match=3...
He got one in minute 68 according to what I saw (and what all my friends saw). It is recorded that way in many places see Link: www.goal.com/en-us/match/43239/netherlands-vs-spai...
But if FIFA.Com says he only got one, then he only got one.

Did anyone else see him get a card for his shove of Van Bommel in the 68th minute?
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
He should have been booked about ten times, but he didn't get two yellow

Kick4Life - changing lives through football