Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who's Moving On To The Group Of 8?...(or, Getting Ahead Of Myself)
BigDave (Whitecaps) 4 years ago
Looking ahead at who's qualified for the round of 16: I think the rugged Uruguayans will prevail over S. Korea with a better defence and Forlan looking better than Park up front. As for Mexico and Argentina? My sentiments for mexico notwithstanding, I realize that argentina are going to be relentless, and in the end, unstoppable. Maradona's tactics have been, I think, totally suspect, but the quality and depth of the squad more than make up for his shortcomings as a coach. Mexico will not be able to organize their defence as well as Nigeria and will concede several goals. Expect some counterattacking flair from the mex side, though.... This could be a colourful and high scoring match.... Possibly 7 goals? Ghana will no doubt outwork and outpace the USA, and with the entire African continent backing them I believe they will make the world take them seriously in the round of 16 with a convincing victory. Germany and England will provide the match of the tournament, I expect, with the english pot now brought to simmer ready to boil. The crowd looks to be a factor in this one as the vuvus are quieting: expect the english fans to lift their team to victory. My prediction: england 3 Germany 2. Gerrard will set the tempo with a couple HARD challenges early, and Rooney will come uncorked and score 2. (note that I'm not a fan of England per se, I just have this feeling....)
StefanJay (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Same post here Link: www.footytube.com/forums/world-cup/match-previews-...

While I'm here, you have the Germany v England match score switched and USA v Ghana will be a low scoring affair in my opinion. Otherwise I agree
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Thread is thus locked. Thanks, Jay....    Carry on the talk there.  Cheers!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football