Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Will Get The Golden Ball In WC2010?
Premoli (Werder Bremen) 4 years ago
What do you guys think?
In my opinion these are the main players for their teams so far.
Of course robben, müller, suarez and xavi are on my list too.
I know it depends on the final result and there are still games to play but who would get the GB if it was all over now?
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Not Suarez but Forlan!
D3rFabi (Werder Bremen) 4 years ago
If schweinsteiger plays well against spain, he will be awarded
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Just in case some people don't know the difference....

Golden Ball Award- Best player at the tournament

Golden Shoe Award- Highest scorer at the tournament

Cheers!

I also think Schweinsteiger could win it but Sneijder as well has been playing really well all tournament long as well as Villa....
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Sneijder all the way, if one of those two win the whole thing Jet, they are sure to also win the golden ball
True, true! I'm not sure about past winners of the Golden Ball but, has a player from a team that hasn't won the World Cup ever won the award before? I'm in work and can't really check it out from this crap computer...
Dunno, but it would make sense doesn't it, the best player in the tournament, would lead his team to glory correct?
Ah, Premoli already answered 19 hours ago down below!  Zidane 2006, Oliver Kahn 2002, Ronaldo 1998, Toto Schillaci 1990...
Ok well in general, a team that makes it to the final
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
This all depends on what team wins the tournie. If germany wins, it will be schweiny, ozil, or muller, if spain wins, villa, if uruguay wins, suarez or forlan, and if netherlands do then it's robben or sneijder. We all know how much fifa loves awarding the players on winning teams
Premoli (Werder Bremen) 4 years ago
That's not true. 2006 it was zidane. 2002 oliver kahn and 1998 ronaldo.  1990 winner toto schillaci did not even reach the final.  
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I renamed the topic for clarity, I think the long list of players in the title was confusing people
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
And my money is on Sweinsteiger. Ballack must be spinning in his grave - or the grave that was his career anyway
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
I think young thomas muller has been a revelation at the age of 20, but sweinsteiger has been imperious
CHELSEA61 (Footytube Moderator) 4 years ago
David Villa with out any question. The best striker in the tournament and the difference maker for every Spanish game so far. Dirk Kuyt is my dark horse for the golden ball. He's been such a force for Holland. He may not be scoring lots but he is so strong as their attacking mid
ElPeloHernandez (America de Cali) 4 years ago
I hope Schweinsteiger will win the Golden ball along with winning The World Cup
Muller or Sneijder, I have a feeling Sneijder will win something this tournament the golden ball or boot. Schweinsteiger's been playing epic too and Villa
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Spain World Champions and FIFA Fair Play Award, and Golden Glove to Iker Casillas.

Golden Ball to Diego Forlan (Silver Ball to Wesley Sneijder, Bronze Ball to David Villa).

Golden Boot and Best Young Player award to Thomas Müller (with 5 goals + 3 assists).
(Silver Boot to David Villa, Bronze Boot to Wesley Sneijder.)

It's all official
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I agree with all of that
BayernMax (Bayern München) 4 years ago
Fair play for spain is ridiculous, but as it is all about given cards only it's correct ofc....
Still kinda sad, but totally agree with the rest.
- Forlan really worked for this, scored my goal of the tournament to (against us )
- Müller was incredible, wish he could have played vs spain, things might have been better with him

Kick4Life - changing lives through football