Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Will Be Wc 2010 Leading Goal Scorer?
Tony5 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
You forgot the dutch players....

Van Persie....
Huntelaar....

Maybe the comeback of Van Nistelrooy!

But oke.... Spain is the nmr 1.... And torres their striker....
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Shhh shhh.... We were trying to forget them to make this an easier decision!

I don't think Huntelaar's up to it, but Van Persie proved he is in good shape during his last warm-up match. It's not out of the question either
Kikos (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I wish klose scores 5 goals  Rooney, drogba, torres, villa and higuain or milito (whooever paly more games) will be on the top
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Just 5? Lol
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
A bit exact for a guess you think mate? Lol
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Klose will not even get to play in World Cup.... Seeing his recent(bad) form !
Do you think kroos can take his place haha?
Maybe
Prophet88 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Rooney, Villa and Fabiano have the best chance. But looking at current form it could very well be Rooney
[account-removed] 4 years ago
There is really only a few people who can handle all that pressure that the WC brings. I think there is only two real choices that can be considered.
Messi or Rooney. These are both my picks because if they want to, they can score easily and have consistently done well under pressure.

Some considerations was Drogba and Ronaldo, but the problems there is that I don't think Ivory Coast will make it to the second stage, and Ronaldo has consistently played bad under pressure and done terrible in Portugal.
Why rooney? Yes he is confident. But english players don't perfom the way thier do for club. And I a have yet to see the beast be free in the england shirt

As for messi , similar situation, although ill give messi more credit as he is just a supreme player. He is not a boy nomore, more or less he has grown and this bieng his first real world cup chance, he will take it by its horns
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Sergioramos is right in a way. But what about Peter Crouch? Have you ever seen him not score a goal in an England shirt. He doesn't start barely at all, he's rated behind Defoe and Heskey in Capello's opinion but he scores more than he does for Tottenham! I don't of course think Crouch will be top scorer though. Messi does have a great chance though. He is better than Aguero and Higuain, but if he pairs with them will he will score alot of goals (and so will they)
Crouch, don't take his lankyness too lightly. He scores regardless of us giving any care lool. But yes we owe him alot of credit, and yes he can score alot of goals for us if he gets the opputunity
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Its going to be Villa.... Believe me my predictions are always right !    
I'm with you, its a easy pick haha
I just choose the highest goal scorer on the best playing country lol
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
No, I've rethinked my opinion and it has to be a tie between Rooney and David Villa. England had the most goals in qualifying, surprisingly and I'm really anticipating the form of Rooney and the mentality of the whole team to be a big aspect of our campaign. I still think we're in the with a chance of winning. And Rooney should be back in time, or rather is already, so hopefully he can continue his scintillating goal tally when he returns from his ankle damage
Kinda forgot all about that, ok ill give rooney credit from now on
You better or else you'll feel my Man Utd wrath But seriously we are gonna' need Rooney to preform at his Club best for his country or else we'll have a hard time making it really far or possibly winning the tournament. He could still nag World player of the year if he does well in south africa too
Docdre99 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I will make my "Nostradamus"....

1 - Rooney 6 goals
2 - Messi 5 goals and Torres 5 goals
3 - Benzema, kaka, Villa and robben 3 goals
Ronney suck infinity EL NINO 10 goals messi 8 goals VAN persie 7 goals !!!!!
StefanJay (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Benzema didn't make the French side for some reason.... I. E lunatic of a coach
Docdre99 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I think Torres didn't play often in this season beaucause of his injuries !    I think he will be in form for the WC !
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yes, I agree with you for torres. I think rooney will fit too. Messi will score many goals in group match
Thank you I agree all of you!
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
For me it will be Luis Fabiano
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Really? I think the final will be between them and spain.... Villa top scorer for me
Ya. The top scorer is never who you would predict. Its always some1 gud but not that gud
Unique1907 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Higuain, Ronaldo, Rooney, Drogba, Eto'o, Bendtner
Bendtner? If he don't score ONE GOAL I'm gonna' be all over you case mate!
*Huigain might* if *Maradona* stops smocking
Megoogie (Club América) 4 years ago
Cuahtemoc blanco of course
Omar (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I doubt it
HangTime (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I will only say torres bc of his provider of the ball from xavi. Drogba is my favorite striker but he need mids to support and give him the ball. Plus, ivory coast didn't do so well in the african cup. Afraid portugal just might beat them to go on through. If I remember correct from the group stage and brackets, seems like spain will meet brazil even before the semi final (quarter final?).... Torres won't be the top scorer if they're already out before the semi. Not saying they will lose, spain is a good team and love xavi
I change my mind. Its gonna' be a spanish striker. Because they have xavi and inesta and alonso in midfield
How bout fabregas busquets and mata to help el nino villa and guiza !!
Nah. Busquets is not getting a place
Soccerdude199 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Why no Lionel Messi?  Drogba or lionel
Ari88 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Rossi, but Italy doesn't score alot of goals. Messi if he gets alot of hatricks, but I don't think argentina can get far. Probably someone from spain
Rossi won't make first team

Kick4Life - changing lives through football