Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Will Be Wc 2010 Leading Goal Scorer?
Tony (footytube staff) 5 years ago
Well, the groups and matches are decided, we can all fight and argue the whys and why nots, but who do you reckon will end up leading goal scorer in this world cup.
We have plenty of candidates, world class strikers, but who will come out on top.

Torres looks good for me
Ltm017 5 years ago
I love Torres more than any other player but Villa overshadow Torres. Both can't play together and get goals together.

I would love for Torres to come out on top but because they are so different in how they play idk
Helloes (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Torres has been scoring left and right. Hopefully it follows through the Cup
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Might change my mind, I can't see torres being fit.  I gotta' go for villa in that case.
Cardiffmadboy (Cardiff City) 4 years ago
I think villa will have top goal scorer I think
Raj (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Villa certainly looks a good bet
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Luis Fabiano Or Drogba obviously! David Villa? Please!
Ltm017 5 years ago
I actually agree with you. Only because Drogba is obviously the star of Ivory Coast.... He is good (I admit it) If he is not the leading goal scorer he will be one of them. I also think Ivory Coast have a great chance of making it far so that factors in too.

Jumpking (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Drogba is bomb but he's been scoring consistently because Chelsea is stacked not because he's the best. Fernando Torres will have more goals, come on, if we switched teams and Drogba played for Liverpool and Torres with Chelsea, Drogba would score less and Torres would score more. Spain is the most cohesive national team and Torres will get set up more because of it
Ltm017 4 years ago
Jimpking. I agree. I still think he is good but I try to tell some people the same thing that Drogba has a team to help him. If Torres had what he had it would be different. Although you did say you don't think he is the best and I agree with that too. I don't think he is the best either
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Drogs is going to have a big World Cup imo.    Weather or not it's bigger than Torres or Villas, well, who knows.
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
I can't see drogba being top dog, not with the team he plays for, we are really looking at a team who goes really far in the competition to provide the top goal scorer, ie; spain, brazil, argentina etc;, I just don't see ivory coast lasting that long, and that could be drogbas downfall
MariusV (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Drogba is not going to be the top scorer cos his elbow is frectured, so that means drogba is out of the world cup, and that's ivory coast fu*k*d, more goals for rooney, I don't know but I always compare them two together. Ferdinand's injured, robben and milito.... Who's next, lol !
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Would have to say top 5 would be :

1. David Villa

2. Dzeko

3. Luis Fabiano

4. Wayne Rooney

5. Fernando Torres
Alen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Too bad Dzeko is not in the World Cup Bosnia is not going
Amror123 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Hahahaha! Owned!
Neonseong (Liverpool) 5 years ago
1. Villa or Torres (I think it will be like Euro 08 where one of them gets most of the goals)

2. Fabiano

3. Rooney

4. Klose
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
1st. Villa - 8 goals
2. Rooney - 7 goals
3. Henry, Fabiano - 5 goals (Lol no offense to Irish fans)
4. Ronaldo, Messi, Kuyt, Klose, Torres - 4 goals
5. Cahill, Park Chu-Young, Forlan, Drogba - 3 goals

Wow surprising you actually know park chu young
Yeah, he is a great striker. I do notice Korean football though
Sunderland4life (Sunderland) 4 years ago
Yeah Rooney hopefully top striker. Should take Darren Bent to play along with him !
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I would hope Drogba could be but it doesn't look certain he will get much of a chance in the World Cup at all with Brazil and Portugal in his teams' group If he could score eight goals in the group stage I would be happy for him obviously but no. Torres and Villa look a great threat, maybe even young Nilmar! Luis Fabiano, Rooney and Jermain Defoe all look promising as well, as does Messi and Ronaldo
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
I think David Villa will be the top scorer, Rooney second and Luis Fabiano 3rd
Senthil (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I think walcott is there, he scores lot for england in world cup qualifying, but the top scorer will be robinho, he is well know with great speed and dribbler
Ltm017 5 years ago
Yeah right.... Fabiano will be top scorer before Robinho
Lukas (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Walcott is crap
Tim Howard will be the top Goal Scorer before Robinho...
Craxy (Manchester United) 5 years ago
No way will Robinho come anywhere near the top goal scorer.

It will be out of Rooney, Villa, Torres, Fabiano, Henry.

I would love it if Del Piero scored a load of goals (that's if Italy play him haha), love watching him score, great player, still banging them in at his age!

I don't think Drogba will get that many goals, down to the fact I don't think Ivory Coast will get past the group stages
I really don't know what is Marcello Lippi doing by fielding Luca Toni match after match, there is some guy's name called Del Piero and Totti, Totti maybe not, but Lippi has been neglecting Del Piero again and again, Cassano too, very talented guys, but Lippi just want to field all those players that aren't performing and is on their age
Robinho? .... I just watched the city v chelsea game, and robinho was the quietest player on the pitch, as usual.
He must be the worst brazilian i've ever seen, he was crap at madrid, with his mate julio baptiste who joined madrid around the same time, they did, nt last too long.
I don't even think robinho is as good as nani, and everyone knows my views on him.... Crap.... Lol
I really don't like Lippi, if they win the WC it'll be such a shocker to me. Lippi just don't know how to choose his player. I didn't even know Robinho was playing, I thought he was still injured
Keong (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Defoe?
Craxy (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Defoe to score 5 goals in a 9-1 win over.... Algeria?
Probably since impossible is nothing! Lol
Theturkishkop (Galatasaray SK) 5 years ago
Fernando Torres and Luis Fabiano
Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Messi: 34861 goals  No other goals will be made
Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 years ago
For real though: I'd bet good money on Villa, he always scores a lot for Spain, and Spain is bound to last long in the competition, which means a lot of Villa games
According to that logic, Messi would be playing defence to? As well as applying for, getting accepted for, and making the national teams of every other team in the cup too, so he could THEN score all the goals and prevent all them from happening?

Or is Messi omnipresent?

Fifa won't like that either way.

Argentina better stop paying Messi for goals scored if they are already. He'll bankrupt the country
Italy's rossi and holland's van persie also have chance!
Fromtheisland (Toronto) 4 years ago
Sorry but never. Iwill wire you 20 bucks if either of those players finish as the top goal scorer
I suppose defoe must be in with a chance, providing england go far in the competition
Ltm017 5 years ago
Yeah I agree.... It will all depend on who goes far and if england goes far I think it will be between him and Rooney

Kick4Life - changing lives through football