Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
Which Italy Players Would You Like To See In The World Cup?
ACMilan21 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
There has been lots of discussion about Italy's national team.
People who want to see Cassano, others who don't....
Nesta and Totti have been welcomed back to the team....
All kinds of things are happening.
It would be cool to see what people think the best team would be, AND WHY?
Here is my ideal team:
----------------------------Buffon---------------------
Zambrotta--Chiellini---Cannavaro---Grosso
--------------------------Palombo-------------------
------------Pirlo-----------------------Camoranesi
-------------------------Cassano--------------------
------Di Natale----------------------Gilardino
It would be a 4-1-2-1-2 formation
I think it would be great, because all the players on the field are the best Italians on their team.
Cassano is a great playmaker, and combined with Pirlo, could make an unstoppable offense.
Di Natale is really great, one of my favorites, and probably the best Italian striker. The defence is the same as usual, and I do not think that they should change this at all.
I could see Italy as an attacking team, as over the past few months they have been doing.
Some important subs:
Boriello, Santon, Candreva, Marchetti, Biondini.... And some more....
What do you think?
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I do not like the Italy squad, but there are some players that I admire for their skills. I therefore see them play at the World Cup.
Gilardino: incredible scorer
Pirlo: for his precise passing
Buffon: best goolkeeper
Giovinco: young talent
BruscoACM (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Nice squad AC milan 21.... I'm praying Nesta comes out of retirement, he would be a great addition
Darksidekatana (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I'm Just Hoping matteratzi dosent play don't want a replay of last world cup p. S. Zidane is the man
Zzlatan (Barcelona) 4 years ago
This year in their group italy havent lost a single match.
Out of 10 they have won 7.
So we expect more excitement from them.

As per goalkeeper buffon is the best for them.

Captain cannavaro as defender plus

Zambrotta cheillini grosso will accompany him.

AND midfielder camronessi Pirlo gilardino is good.

And as a striker I would like to see m ore of a Laquinta-he has good ability to score a goal.
And gillardinoand third one is di natalie. He is the best.

Neonseong (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I know he isn't the best, but I really enjoying seeing Montolivo play. His got good technique, good vision, and can score when he gets the chance
Neonseong (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Oh yeah I better get to see my favorite bull play, Gennaro Gattuso! I hope he comeback to form very quick and stays fit
Mastro21 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Montolivo is a great player, he should be on the team.... He was a reserve for the european cup
Zzlatan (Barcelona) 4 years ago
May be montolivo can do good.  Havent seen best of him lately
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I just wish to see Nesta on display. Hope that he would reverse his decision of retirement just for 1 more world cup
That would be absolutley amazing!  He is probably the best defender.... But that is not really Italy's problem.... He is not vital
BruscoACM (AC Milan) 4 years ago
He definitely should! He is in great form right now with Milan and looking like one of Italy's best Defenders right now. As most are concerned with Italy's D, he would largely aid back there and bring a lot of experience to the pitch
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
It will be camoranesi, he is good with his skills, it will nice to see him on the field and its pirlo, who will best freekicker in italy for the world cup, I am expecting more things from italy. But it was sad to see that our legend del peiro is not playing
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I would like to see sebastian giovinco as central midfielder...
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Aquilani !
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Aquilani? I don't doubt his abilities, but he must prove his worth!He is resting in the sidelines for more than half a season. With so many other players with his same skill level already competing hard for a world cup ticket, its ridiculous to think about Aquilani!
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I think that balotelli could do well as a sub. Such a wonderful player
Ciankc (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yes balotelli would do brilliantly for italy. He could be an impact sub.

Don't you love his celebration move
Has anyone thought about Amauri?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that he just got his Italian passport.... If not, he will soon, and he could play for La Nazionale.... He is a great striker in my opinion
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Did he already? Might as well go for him, he was out of form early in the season but is back scoring now. Very good striker, Brazil obviously don't need him. Would be interesting to see if Lippi takes him in the squad
Mastro21 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
He doesn't have his passport yet.... He's waiting to get it, but lately he stinks....
The thing with his passport is some wierd waiting period they did. Don't know why
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I would go for an original team:
---------------------------Buffon---------------------------

Zambrotta-------Chiellini-------------Cannavaro-------Grosso

Cameronasi---Aquilani------De Rossi----Pirlo----Di Natale

----------------------------Toni!---------------------------

Perrotta on the bench
Di Natale is generally a striker.... And why Toni? He has been in really bad form recentley.... He had a very dissapointing Euro...
Give Toni just his chance and he will show you more goals!
Don't forget Iaquinta and Del Piero!
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I think that a top team like italy can't have someone who is the last option striker in his club as a starter
I would take Amauri before Toni ANY DAY.... As soon as he gets his passport, he can play.
I guess I just have a grudge against Toni, because he made my entire country look rediculous during the Euro
Qiang (Kelantan) 4 years ago
Gattuso!
Keong (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I agreed with you buddy! The tanker will be sorely miss if without him in s. Africa!
Buffon

Zambro--Chiellini---Cannavaro---Grosso

--------------Palombo----------------

-------Pirlo-------------De Rossi

Di Natale---------------------Cassano

-------------Pazzini----------

I forget Crisito in the place of Grosso
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I'd pick a starting 11 that's something like this. Actually going for a 5 man defence, irony is Italy looks leaky in defence, to me. 5-3-2 anyone? With good attacking flanks. I'm sure Lippi would chuckle at this though.

GK: Buffon

RB: Zambrotta
CB: Chiellini
SW: Nesta(as the sweeper)
CB: Cannavaro
LB: Grosso

CM: Pirlo
Dcm: De Rossi
Acm: Giovinco

SS: Cassano
CF: Balotelli

Subs and squad players would include : Gillardino, Rossi, Totti, Di Natale, Aquilani, Cameronesi, Monolivio, Cristico, Santon off the top of my head
That would be a great defence. They wouldn't score many with Cassano, Balotelli and Giovinco.... Cassano is like a 'set up man'.... He can pass to any attacker.... So put him in the place of Giovinco, and put Di Natale and Gilardino in attack.
You would then have one of the best Italy teams in a long while
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
The expecting player is pazzini, he plays better for italy as striker

Kick4Life - changing lives through football