Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
Which Country Is In A More Dire State ? France Or Italy?
Golaire (Bayern München) 4 years ago
I have got a great idea, the French, Italians, and English should get together for group therapy. All the players from the three teams would live together on a large estate, it would be a reality show. They would have to complete challenges that encourage team work. It would be the best show on tv. The players could make confessions to the camera etc.... All the elements of a reality tv show
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
They're both doing great after they're failure of world cups, especially italy, they got a hard gorup imo, and doing very finely
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I disagree. France looks like they are picking up form with Le Président, but Italy's performances under Cesare Prandelli hasn't hit any stride for me. Unconvincing
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Yea It's gone all downhill for Italy. I think one of the main problems was the fact that they could bring up many new talented players to replace the players that won the 2006 wc. If they don't turn things around quickly then they could be heading into a crisis
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Still in a better position than England in my position. England doesn't realize that they are in a crisis.

Italy have some great players and have a strong backbone of youth. Giovinco is doing amazing right now and you can say the same with Rossi as well
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I think Italy looks lost and disorganized at the moment
Not exactly sure if they are in a better position than England but then definitely can improve
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
I wonder if the friendlies gave any new insight to this discussion.

France won but against a weak Brazil. Italy started awfully, legitimizing the criticism it has received in this thread, but the second half was not that bad. Eventually they managed to equalize and get the result they may have wanted against a big name like today's Germany
Well france getting a win with benzema on the scoresheet is a very good thing now that france have beaten england and brazil even without some of the players missing due to bans. It shows they put last years fifa wc disaster behind them and are moving on. If benzema can consistently get on the scoresheet for france then he should be able to do the same for real madrid.

However Italy looked quite bad in the last friendly match and I'm quite surprised they got away with a point. They have yet to recover from the loss of key players due to retirement and don't look a single bit like the italy 2006. Also the manager is failing to get his side to perform consistently and as a result of that they will suffer. I still expect qualification to the euro 2012 for them but I'm not sure how much further they will go unless things change quickly
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
The Italian needs to man up if they want there extra UCL spot back from the Germans. They need to force Serie A teams to invest in youth, I can only name 3 with my little knowledge of italian football
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I don't think Evra has ever recovered from the mess of the World cup. He is apparently one of the most hated figures in French sport for the stunts he pulled in Africa
Apparently the french football federation were trying to increase his ban or the punishment for leading the training boycott during the WC
Italian football is currently in a terrible state. In the 90's and early last decade the serie a was a hugely prosperous league filled with some of europes most talented players. The problem behind the crisis in the serie a has been the money. Football has become more about money in the last 2 decades and today even the biggest clubs can compete with clubs from the epl financially those clubs can't always spend big money to buy many players to strengthen their teams. The youth system is also something they really need to look into in Italy as that is also one of the problems that is lowering the quality of the league and has lost them a place in the european coefficients. But without a lot of funds the clubs won't be able to invest in youth which makes the problem even more complicated

Kick4Life - changing lives through football