Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
The WC Opening Ceremonies Of Past And Present
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Compared to the olympics, many people don't even know that world cup has one. So I have put together the opening ceremonies of the past.

Quality is bad, anyone got a good one?

I think that explains what I'm trying to get at here, what do you think was the best opening cermony and what is the importance of the host nation having a good first impression, sound off tubers
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I'm a huge fan of the opening ceremonies, but haven't watched this years one yet.

Most cringe-worthy moment for me was USA 1994 when Diana Ross was supposed to take a real simple penalty which the keeper would purposely miss. She plainly had no notion whatsoever how to kick the ball, missed the shot entirely, the ball trickled off to the side and the 'goal' still exploded. Total mess.

Ironically, I think the very last moment of the World cup was also a penalty - and a miss.

LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
MEGA LOL!
Lumileppardi (Swansea City) 4 years ago
Hey even pros miss sometimes.... Didn't watch the 94 opening ceremonies back then and had forgot about this. The way you described the miss had me thinking for a moment that she'd miss the BALL entirely, so this video was a positive surprise
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
The last time I saw a goal post explode like that U2 was trying to cross it in on Led Zepplin, and then John Bonham died diving towards the near-post....

I'm surprised Diana had the courage to chance it, that took guts.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football