Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
The No.10 Flops Of World Cup 2010
Anfieldhero (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Its usual that No. 10s light up the world cup but this edition looks like one of the most disappointing tournaments for the leading no. 10s in the world. I wouldn't go as far as calling all of them as flops but they failed to deliver when they are expected to deliver at the big stage
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Only 10? , I have 23, the england squad.... Lol
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
LOL.... Excellent!
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
good one tony
KAKA

The talisman of Brazil could not muster anything when their backs were against the wall. It definitely didn't do his reputation any good as he was coming back from a poor season at Real Madrid
Messi

The 'heir' to Maradona didn't switch on to his next gear from the group stages. Considering he was the easily the best player in the team(if not the world) they were way too much expectations on his shoulders. The manager's tactics didn't do any good either as he was used more of a provider than a scorer
Rooney

Its a mystery and it will be. The man who almost single handedly lead Manchester United to the title was completely a shadow of himself
Fabregas

Lack of playing time was the major drawback. He would have been an automatic choice for any other team in the world. The affairs off the pitch didn't do him any good so far. He still has time on his side to salvage something from this world cup
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Fabregas hasn't been a flop they just haven't used him much. He's been good when he gets in actually
Corz10 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I agree, ManUK. Fabregas is a much better player and teammate than Xabi Alonso. Xabi plays selfish (as selfish as you can play on the pass-heavy Spainish team)
DI natale

The famous No.10 of the defending champions is given to an underrated player who is 33. Didn't give a chance for any body to rate him and he was part of a poor team
Ltm017 4 years ago
Fabregas can't be a flop. He barely played a match. He came in as a sub in the second half and then he came in the last match. Which he should have gotten a PK for.

Messi is not a flop either. He may not have scored but he played well. Besides the fact that he should have played in his right position. He has a hand in almost all of Argentina's goals....

Oh and it would be nice if you put their names under the picture or something
CHELSEA61 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I agree with Ltm017 about Cesc. He's played less than 30 minutes combined in the whole tournament. Not much bad happened while he was on either. Hard to judge Cesc with such little playing time. You can't blame Del Bosque for not playing him and breaking up the chemistry that Xavi and Iniesta have. To bad for Cesc but I would not call him a flop
Yeah, considering the quality of Cesc and being given the same role as he was given in Euro 2008, he could not even warrant a more prominent role this time. Cesc might be unlucky but it is a disappointment that we couldn't get enough of him till now. Hope it all changes in the coming matches as am a huge fan of Cesc myself.

Messi was excellent no doubts about it, considering that he had a season of his life at Camp Nou its not wrong to expect him to light up the tournament.

@ LT, thanks for the heads up about their names on the pic
Hill (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Rooney was the biggest disappointment for me. He was hardly ever involved in play and he scored exactly zero goals. He came into the tournament as one of the favorites to win the golden boot! Then again, the whole of England was a massive disappointment so blame can't be placed on Rooney alone.

Kaka has struggled the whole season. I don't understand it. It seemed to be really easy to get under his skin the whole tournament. Especially the red against Coite D'Ivoire and the game against Holland. I used to think of him as a level headed guy. Seemed to me he spent much of the tournament whining about calls and having words with the opposition and the ref
Joeymac (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Lol at first I thought this thread name meant "divers"
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
LOL same!
HangTime (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I agree with what you said about messi. He was used as a playmaker when he's really a scorer
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Not sure if Etoo is a number 10 for Cameroon but he flopped hard like a mofo...
Shuds (Barcelona) 4 years ago
He's a No. 9, maybe we should add the No. 9 to this topic as well. There are loads of them out there

Kick4Life - changing lives through football