Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
Nicolas Anelka Sent Home From World Cup
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Nicolas anelka has been sent home in disgrace from the world cup after insulting the team manager.
Link below.

Link: www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,...
Hardly disgrace, he's worth insulting, and he will only be home a few days before the rest of the team anyway.... Lol
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
They should send the whole team home now?
Heres the latest on the anelka saga, and its worse than I thought, for anelka to call domenech's mother the name he did, is highly unacceptable, but patrice evra is on the warpath wanting to know who leaked certain stories that should have been kept behind closed doors, well until after the world cup, have a read of the link below, a bit nasty nicolas

Link: therepublikofmancunia.com/breaking-news-evra-has-f...
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
It is a bit nasty, but I might feel the same way if he managed them like he does haha
CHELSEA61 (Footytube Moderator) 4 years ago
Not the best way to handle himself but people do crazy things under the pressure. Sad to say but he won't be playing for France again. Who will fill his shoes? Benzema who was dumped earlier this year from the french squad has had problems with attitude as well. Henry to start? Like you said Tony They're coming home in less than a week anyway so they can start anyone for all it matters
4 years ago
Anelka has obviously done something stupid and improper - as a person chosen to represent his country, he should act in a way that is worth following (especially that he's being watched by millions of young people and he definitely is an idol for some of them), but on the other side.... Domenech is a disgrace himself. Did you know that this guy admitted that he uses astrology to choose players....

Squad selection

Domenech's management style has also raised eyebrows amongst players and fans. A keen amateur dramatist and astrologer, Domenech has admitted to distrusting Scorpios, such as Robert Pirès. This led to the choosing of Vikash Dhorasoo who played an important part in qualifying but not in the finals. He later fell out with Dhorasoo after he made a behind the scenes film called "Substitute" His decision to leave out FC Barcelona star Ludovic Giuly in favour of Franck Ribéry, and subsequent refusal to explain that decision, left many French players and fans mystified.[1] Domenech chose Pascal Chimbonda, a low-profile player with no face or international experience, for the squad. Domenech's selection for the France's World Cup squad was further criticised when he publicly announced that Fabien Barthez would start ahead of Olympique Lyonnais goalkeeper Grégory Coupet. This decision was met with derision in the French press and also led to Coupet walking out of the national squad before the tournament, though he was later to return.[2] His exclusion of Roma back-bone defender Philippe Mexès has also raised a few eyebrows.[citation needed] Mexès, named "Hope of the Year" in 2000 and being a starting defender for Roma since his arrival to the team, has still not played in a competitive senior tournament under Domenech.

I've read it on several websites, but the above text is quoted from Wikipedia -> Link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Domenech
Well his "stars" are not shining for him, so he needs to go back to basics, who would employ him, to think they ripped the back out of poor glenn hoddle
Why the hell did they not get laurent blanc in before the world cup finals, they all knew the present manager was a lunatic, and had lost the plot.
Surely blanc would have steadied the ship, and got the players bonding and playing as a team
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Yeah, they should just throw him out before the tournament. When has a coach that's as lousy as Dom lasted that long?
I don't understand why they didn't, I already knew with him in there they would be lucky to get out of their group, even though they have one of the easiest group of all.

I swear he's mad and everyone know's it
Double post
Echoghi (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I knew something was wrong when Anelka was substituted early for Valbuena! LOL
Daniel4ing (Feyenoord) 4 years ago
Domenech is a failure and lacks basic tactical knowledge. He's a disgrace to French football
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Wow France is in shambles now. The game between the distraught France and depressed South Africa should be interesting. Can't wait to see how that goes
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Haha definatly theres no other explanation
It was only a matter of time before the irish curse demon became a suspect.... Hokas pokas
It's possessed Anelka lol
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Now the french team isn't practicing in support of anelka. Also there have been resignations. Like the fitness coach I think. They should just go home and give south Africa the win
StefanJay (Arsenal) 4 years ago
The revolt of the entire french team against the management is a fairly epic event in French football. I certainly can't think of any other case where an entire team boycotted a training session and had fights with the coaching staff, or even an instance where a player was sent home from a WC early by their national football organization. Does anyone know of another time when this has happened? Because admittedly my footy history knowledge is a bit lacking fore America has yet to pull it's head out of its collective ass and show the beautiful game to its children.

I have a sneaking feeling that the French may throw Domenech's tactics to the wind in what is likely to be their final match against SA. Anyway, I hope there is some sort of drama because it has been mighty entertaining to watch the French team implode
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 4 years ago
Was just about to post this! Bloody hell. Worst Team Ever
Lool, there all mad, but I don't blame the french players is I where in their situation I'd probably be mad too
Squad refuses to train, Valentin quits
June 20, 2010
By Soccernet staff
The crisis enveloping the France squad is deepening as the players refused to train on Sunday in protest at the decision to send Nicolas Anelka home.

Patrice Evra rowed with a fitness coach.
• Anelka sent home from finals

A member of the France coaching staff has walked out while team director Jean-Louis Valentin has resigned, saying he is "sickened and disgusted".

Full story: Link: soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/799332/...
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Evra is one of the most petulant and arrogant players in the game these days. For a young guy, he is so full of his own self importance, its horrible to hear him. I remmeber when ireland were knocked out by the Henry handball, he didn't have the decency to be humble about it and admit they were lucky. He laughed and said that they should build a statue to henry, and if ireland wanted a replay he'd be happy to - on the Playstation.

Looks like he might get his wish and be home in time for a few computer games sooner rather than later. This World cup has been one huge embaressment for France, from the awful ugly qualifying, Ribery's child prostitute scandal, Domenechs astrology, the play-off cheated win, the shameful losses, infighting, arguments, resignations, self destruction.

The respect I had for them during the Zidane years is long gone and now the football watching world see them for what they are: childish, over-privileged, over paid, directionless and as soon as they get a bad result or two they turn on each other.

Good riddance, lets get on with the World cup

Kick4Life - changing lives through football