Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
Group Of 16 - Match Previews
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 4 years ago

Ok so its time to get serious!
Uruguay havent been in the semis since 1970, they had performed very pourly the last world cups, but this year they have played great footy. With forlan and suarez up top they have been unstoppable, there going against a very physical, very fast ghana team. Although ghana have seemed to be disorganized at times, they are still a very powerful team physically. They beat a good usa team, and have gotten this far because something has to be working for them. This is going to be a very interesting match to watch, uruguay's strengths are there counter attack, and patience, strong defence, and a very powerful forwards in forlan, suarez and cabani. On the side of ghana they have the whole continent behind them being the only african team left

Oh man what a close game! The hand ball by suarez at the last minute saved uruguay as gyan missed the penalty shot

What a matchhh
I hope neither team disappoints, both very very good teams, very strong at many positions. Brazil the 6 time world champions want it all, and they havent been playing their jogo bonito, but they are playing a more results based footy. Well the world cup is about results, they have great players and they need to depend on them for this 1. Netherlands now with robben back are a completely different team, they have 2 great players that just played the ucl finals, sneijder and robben. They also have a lot of other very talented players but I think the mathc depends on how this 2 perform for netherlands

Stats wise in the past is a very close match up I'm hoping for a great game!
Bye bye brazil, oh this makes me very happy I really really didn't like dunga as a coach

This is going to be a very interesting match to watch, paraguay have been playing really good smart footy, and it has worked so far. It has got them this far! Now lets see what happens when they encounter one of the tournaments favorites to win it all. Can spain with their amazing squad take over paraguay, or are they going to choke like in the past? Or is the same thing as the switzerland match going to happen again? Many questions to be answered on this match, plus they are going to face a very tough opponent next round no matter who goes through either argentina or germany. Spain needs to find themselves again in this match to get ready for the next 1

I believe this is the match I'm looking forward to the most, last world cups germany came out on top on penaltys with the famous lehman paper which said which side each argentine kicked his penaltys to. Trash talk has begun already, with the germans saying that the argentines don't know how to lose, again because of last world cups match, I believe we are going to see messi unleash it all this game, I hoping for a nail biter here. Germany are a different team now with out ballack, and the friendly they had just before the world cup doenst mean a thing, argentina won 2-0, this game is going to be fast exciting and problably the match of the world cup!

So the final game is finally here, we have 2 teams that have played good all tournament long. Spain always playing there style of footy, has reinforced that they deserve the #1 on the fifa world rankings. They beat germany by a small margin but prove to be the better team. They have there style of play very clear and have an amazing squad. As a barcelona fan I am very happy to see them go this far! They have controled all matches as they usually do. Netherlands with 2 winners on their team are a team to be reckon with. Sneijder and robben that just disputed the ucl final, are now playing together the world cup final. What a season for these two players. Netherlands has won all games, and now have to win there most important one. Where going to see different styles of play, and we are going to see a new world champion!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football