Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
Final Standings In The World Cup
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
I really liked the New Zeland team.... Hope to see them do even better in 2014.... They played with more heart than Italy, France, England all put together...
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
That's what you get with lesser teams reid, like my own northern ireland, theres little quality, but you can't rubbish their efforts and passion to do well for their country.
We've had some tremendous results. well done kiwi's
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
LMAO France are 21st in Fifa ranking now
StefanJay (Arsenal) 4 years ago
It does look kinda odd seeing some of the big names down so far in the list, but that's what this WC was all about. Small nations stepping up their game and some larger sides failing to adjust. I have to say I'm proud of Uruguay and I'm not even remotely south american, they really deserve it and will get better over time.

Seeing USA above England gives me a certain satisfaction, but I do think England are a better side overall. They've had a bad run of games, but they have all the pieces and just need to put them together into a solid tournament team. I think this will wake them up and they can return to winning ways
HangTime (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I guess everything looks right. But I would put mexico and s. Korea ahead of usa and england
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 4 years ago
South Korea yes Mexico never.
Joeymac (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Agree with bigshel, south korea could be higher than us, they've proven themselves, but mexico.... No! It's not that they're necessarily worse than us, it's just that they are our rivals hahaha. I guess its because we finished first in our group
HangTime (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Lol.... Either way is fine. "shrug"
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Well this is a chance for some classic rivalry    21 Australia,  22 New Zealand    *Sigh*, better luck in Brazil!
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Hahaha, yeah I noticed that one Ayyam!

The new FIFA world ranking come out on Wednesday so I'm interested to see if NZ jump up ten or so places
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I notice New Zealand is on bold Ant lol
Airmilton (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I just personally think that south korea should've been higher than now  Their game with uruguay was totally crazy
Anfieldhero (Liverpool) 4 years ago
7 million pounds and this is what he could muster.... Sven atleast managed quater finals.  Cappello is crap!
Daniel4ing (Feyenoord) 4 years ago
New zealand should have been higher in my opinion. The only team that didn't lose a game
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
England 13th. So much for bieng our year. I guess its fair. Congratz to uraquay they deserve being high up there
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
North Korea headlines: The proud National Team has won the World Cup once again! All hail the great Kim for personally selecting the team!
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
And personally giving birth to all the players and training with them from birth. All hail!
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Fifa 2010 World Cup standings:

1 Spain,
2 Netherlands,
3 Germany,
4 Uruguay,

5 Argentina,
6 Brazil,
7 Ghana,
8 Paraguay
9 Japan,
10 Chile,
11 Portugal,
12 United States,

13 England,
14 Mexico,
15 South Korea,
16 Slovakia
17 Ivory Coast,
18 Slovenia,
19 Switzerland,
20 South Africa,
21 Australia,
22 New Zealand,
23 Serbia,
24 Denmark
25 Greece,
26 Italy,
27 Nigeria,
28 Algeria,
29 France,
30 Honduras,
31 Cameroon,
32 North Korea

Link: news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8...

I'm curious what kind of odds you would have gotten on New Zealand finishing above Italy and France?
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
It does look an odd league table, when you see some great names way down the list, like northern ireland.... Lmao
Anfieldhero (Liverpool) 4 years ago
France.... 28th. No wonder! I thought Swiss should have been slightly higher
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
LOL why is New Zealand Bold? I'm just happy that Australia beat New Zealand We also beat quite a few other teams.... It was obvious that North Korea would come last LOL
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
How come Australia is still higher than NZ? Thought the overall performance was a better show by NZ?
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
What are you on about North Korea came first

Kick4Life - changing lives through football