Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
England: Can't Win. Won't Win
Rob12 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
The new Scotland boss said Scotland would have made it as far as England in the World Cup, lmao they didn't even make it to the group stage
Priquiav (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yuh I must agree and with all the strong players in England, I thought they wouldve hit hard their opponents, , but so far I havent seen that. Sorry
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Pretty much the most objective, realistic viewpoint I've heard spoken in public about it. To individually name players, describe how good or bad they are, that was brave
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
What did you expect anything different from Roy Keane? One of the bravest true man I've ever seen. Well done
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
I like what he said about player getting away with murder, cause it is truth, not just with English teams. England had a same team that played throughout qualifies, and did great, but those players were out of it in WC, and I do not believe Capello changed his working routine for this competition. It's the same case with Serbia right now, where Antic was national hero after qualifying, and played with same team in World Cup, but filed to go through. I guess it is just easier to blame one man, than face the fact that maybe your team just does not have quality for results expected...
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
StefanJay (Arsenal) 3 years ago
You're right ant that the initial prediction and exactly how they will lose games is happening to a T. Lack of a true no. 1, no continuity in the midfield, striker selection issues, "will do well if back line is fit". It's appalling that Bent and Agbonglahor were both left out of the squad while Heskey is starting matches ahead of Crouch and Defoe. I think that in four years Joe Hart will be no. 1 which will boosts England's chances as well

I think it's insane how perfectly accurate Perrygarl's opening argumant was (and my reply cough cough). Well worth a read in hindsight.

"England's travelling fans showed their displeasure with their team's efforts by booing them off the pitch at the end of their second group game. Striker Wayne Rooney looked into a TV camera and said: "Nice to see your own fans booing you, that's what loyal support is".

BBC

Omar (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Booing your players doesn't make the situation better. If anything, it only makes it worse. Will anyone in the squad want to perform, knowing most of your supporters don't have faith in you?

If the squad was looking to boost morale, they may have just lost it after this game
Docdre99 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Ferdinand out ! King out ! 2 defenders injuried ! Too unlucky !

And most of all.... Not a good GK !

I a fan of england but I must agree that I dont' feel him win the WC !

Jetlifari (Arsenal) 3 years ago
England's World Cup progress could cause a global warming crisis....

Celts have long feared that it would be the end of the world if England won the World Cup - and now they claim they have proof. A leading climate expert, Jock McBitter from the Tartan University in Glasgow, claims England fans are contributing to global warming by attaching flags to their cars. The flags produce drag, which in turn causes pollution, spewing more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Already these flags are sprouting from almost every car in the country and McBitter fears their numbers will increase to critical levels the further the Three Lions progress in South Africa.

Link: www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/david-...
Nah, the flags being thrown into dustbins and then onto landfills after the quarter finals, that's whats gonna' cause the global warning
Hey guys, If England was a Premier League team which one would it be in your opinion?
Everton
Obviously it's Spurs! (Just a shame they couldn't bring Gomes as well....)
I'm thinking Chelsea, only perform well with an Italian at the helm
Schaudenfreude (Watford) 3 years ago
Well they won a WC with an Englishman at the helm, so that disproves that theory  
Portsmouth? Ouch
Touche Schaudenfreude!
Steveex (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
Awesome post.  And yeah, without Rio in defence, rooney just has to score way more goals than they'll receive.
And if Rooney gets injured again? Heskey to the Rescue! The Hesckue!
Berryblaze (Juventus) 3 years ago
England has the quality, and has had for many a world cup. Often it boils down to bad luck and/or lack of creativity on the day.... Maybe the Premier League takes a bit more out of its players, which would explain lacklustre performances from some of the english based stars from various countries on the international level, when they are fit enough to actually play...
Feedingthefoot (Liverpool) 3 years ago
USA will punish England on Saturday!    Usa USA USA
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 3 years ago
I don't understand how is heskey even there, I mean you shouldn't go the the World Cup simply because your name is Heskey and you played in the team for a long time, just on merit. I'm pretty sure that in the country were football is almost (or in fact) a religion, there would be tons of younger, better players, with the hunger to play.... I don't know, I would take agbonhalor, I would even prefer zamora, he had a good season, but not heskey.... Probably some of you have already explained it, but I'm not really willing to browse carefully through these 5 pages, so please excuse me
Winning the World Cup is one helluva achievement by any team. They're all dreaming about it and I certainly think the English players have the same passion for it!
I have great faith in the English midfield but how far England will go comes down to two things:
- Will the defence/goalkeeping stand up to the brilliance from certain individuals from other teams?
- Will Capello get the right combination working up front with Rooney and Crouch/Defoe?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football