Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
Darren Bent To Lead The Line For England?
CManNorth (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
He's scored even more goals than defoe
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Even still, I believe zamora is a better stiker on the whole. Why isn't he picked yet?
Ravish987 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Bent is far more better than Zamora. Zamora is playing gud only this season but lacks pace and aggression
He lacks pace.... Aggression? You sure. He is much better in those areas believe me. Also more consistant then that goal hanger
CManNorth (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Zamora only 8 pl goals to bents 20  Surely that makes bent more consistent
If you think about the style of play. I think zamora is much better and more versatile. When I only think of bent as just a finisher.    
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I don't think his finishing is that amazing, lots of other people top him like Defoe and even Owen
How can you guys say that. Surely he is a better finisher then defoe. And what owen? Don't be stupid
I wasn't talking about Zamora but Bent, Surely Defoe is a better finisher than Bent
Ahh sorry, just a bit sensetive on the whole thing, and yes defoe owns bent!
I agree
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Zamora FTW! Do you see Defoe or Tottenham scoring in the Europa League quarter-finals against Wolfsburg? No.... 'cause zamora IS!
Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Whats that other england striker? His name escapes me.... Wayne rooney?

Hmm I wonder who will lead england's front line...
BIJACK (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Yeah.... It's gotta' be him
Wow this is a pointless thread
Agreed because no one's interested in such a pointless comment
Exactly
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
It probably is pointless.... I don't see much chance of darren bent playing for a start, but if through injuries or whatever he was drafted in, I don't think he would let the side down, he's still a premier league player at the end of the day, and knows where the net is, plus he doesent play for any of the so called top four clubs, which makes his goalscoring all the better, because he hasnt the players around him that a top four striker has
Sharpoon (Hull City) 4 years ago
There is no way Bent can get in front of Rooney, Crouch, Defoe or even Heskey. I know big Emile is unfashionable but other strikers lvoe playing with him
Ltm017 4 years ago
Bent is better than all the other glorified strikers so whatever. That's why England probably will not win cause they don't know how to use the players they have or when to use them. And who dare put Owen in front of Bent.... Ridiculous. Yea he probably is more of a finishers but sometimes you need that...
You are mad. Bent is a toe poker!
Are you telling me that you think Bent should start in front of Rooney, Defoe, Heskey and people. The only reason Bent scores goals is because he's fast and strong, he's not even a great finisher
Ltm017 4 years ago
Not before Rooney or maybe even Defoe.... But yeah pretty much. I rather have a player who is fast and strong who can then pass the ball to a player that can finish like Rooney. I don't think he is a bad finisher either. His goals sure do prove that
FutureMUplayer (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Bent deserve a place in the national team for sure, he quickly finds the net when he gets the ball in the penalty box but I wouldnt let him to take the penalty shots.
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Bent should be in the team. But not starting line up. It should be Ronney and Zamora up front. And Bent Defoe and Crouch on the bench
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yeah, but this has kind of turned into another England starting 11 chat then.... Do we need this thread?
HangTime (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Bent plays for Sunderland right? Defoe plays for Tottenham? I keep getting them mix up. I just wonder who will buy bent from sunderland. For sure some big club has got to have their eyes on him for being I think the third top scorer in the league and playing for sunderland who's like 11th or 12th on the league

Kick4Life - changing lives through football