Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
Can Any Of The African Teams Win WC 2010 ??
Fussball (Barcelona) 4 years ago

Africa does have serious contenders for this edition of world cup. Ivory Coast and Cameroon pose a challenge to the big teams in their groups not to forget Ghana, Nigeria, Algeria and the hosts playing at home will fancy their chances against the giants of the football world
No African nation has ever reached any of the World cup's semifinals, , , Suprising fact to me.
Hope it acts as motivation for all the African Nominees this year. This is the right time with all the local support they can make it big and share the spotlight with UEFA and Latin American countries
Dachelser (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Actually I think Egypt are not a bad team
MazzaMathias (Manchester United) 4 years ago
My money is on Ivory Coast
Saadoony (AS Roma) 4 years ago
Keep your money on your wallet
Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I was hoping to see ivory coast make a run but look at their group! Brazil and portugal. Shitty luck if I ever saw it. Ghana also got a shitty draw. Well actually, this is the world cup. Kind of tough to get a good group
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I don't think there is much chance for an African team to win the World Cup but very much sure that they are gonna' cause a lot of trouble for many big teams.
Big trouble is waiting for teams like Portugal and Argentina as they are struggling a bit. Especially Portugal's qualification for the next round is going to be pretty hard as they have to face Brazil and Ivory coast. Ghana is also going to be a big head-ache for Germany.
So In my opinion they are the dark horses and gonna' knock out some big teams out of the world cup and it'll be a big achievement!
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Well I think that an african will win it. I don't not fear the big europeans and south americans side. And I think that it will ghana and ivory coast will be africa biggest hope to bring the world cup home
Xminer (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Really? Cameroon seams to be the only SA side in a position to get out of group play with out having to pull off a major upset.... I would love to see Ghana throw a wrench in the German machine and allow Australia a shot at winning their group.... Ivory Coast getting out of group play would be huge.... I just think it will amazing if they do.... Which would be awesome to watch happen!

Also, I would expect the SA sides to play some of the best world soccer we've seen this tournament! I love upsets, so I hope you are right!
Xminer (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Or Serbia, for that matter, in group D.... You know, giving the US a shot at any round of 16 game that's not against Germany! GO Ghana! Is that selfish?
Well portugal suck and ghana can match serbia and australia
Khaimet (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I believe they can cost an upset to big teams. They are playing on a turf more likely make them comfortable
It would be exciting to see a African nation going on to win the world cuo.... For they have no world cups till date in the continent. This could be the best chance they may get in the near future
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
In my opinion Ivory Coast is the only African team which can cause serious troubles. I don't see anooher African teams as Dark Horses.
But, unfortunately, Ivory Coast is trapped in the 'Group of Death'. So its going to be a tough task for them. Maybe, if they manage to make their way through, there are many possibilities of them to reach the finals.
Good luck for them
It is not that hard to be honest. Portugal suck. Brazil are the only hard team
Haules (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Ivory Coast has a great team, and with Drogba and Yaya Toure in good days they can face any team without problems. Let's hope that they will have a great tournament and pass the groupe stage and after that will see wath`s gonna' happen
Shghal (Borussia Dortmund) 4 years ago
I feel that Ivory coast & Ghana `ll do a big surprise in SA
So do I. And I think they will make the final of the African of nations
Ssaandy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yeah a big surprise but not in the final...
Shghal (Borussia Dortmund) 4 years ago
Ssaandy, No one can determine but really I hope to one of them in the final, it will be a new event
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
I'm sure a few could go close, and they will be very well supported by the south african fans, who would love to see any african team win it, it would be a great achievement.
But I still think the african teams are maybe 1 or 2 world cups away from actually winning it.
It would be nice to be wrong, because it would be a breath of fresh air to see someone come out of the pack, and shock the big boys
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
It is hard for any african or non-european team (except Argentina and Brazil) to win the world cup because first of all of the players. Only Brazil and Argentina have all the players from big clubs in Europe when African teams like Cameroon or Cote d'ivoire or ghana have few players.... When all the players from any african nation will play at a ahigh level in Europe than they can battle for the world cup...
How far did any African country go in any world cup, its always that history part that comes into picture whenever there is talk of who wins what!
Ssaandy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
We are sure that african nations become so strong, but it`s may be far that one of them in th final. It may be in the semi final....
I vote to Ivory Coast & Cameron
SirStig (Arsenal) 4 years ago
No, but hopefully they will cause a bit of upsets along the way

Kick4Life - changing lives through football