Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
Ballack, Ferdinand, Drogba And Pirlo Whos Next?
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Just days before the world cup, very important players and captains of their teams have came down with injuries, wow this is making drastic changes in the future of their countries.... Why all this before the world cup who's next?
Vika09 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Drogba will probably play. It's only a broken upper limb. Giggs played with a broken arm during the final stages of the EPL.

But the rest are gone for sure. The next person I am actually worried out is Rooney. Burned our over the EPL, lack of goals during friendlies. Unless he is going 110% during the WC, his performances of late are.... Worrying
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
There was talks about julio cesar being injured but nnothing serious
[account-removed] 3 years ago
 Yeah, he's going to be fine!
StefanJay (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Also jozy Altidore picked up a knock and won't play in the USA's final warm up match which is a bit worrying if only because of the complete lack of quality that we have on the bench. The starting 11 have to stay together if we have any chance of progressing
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Suddenly I have a feeling we can make it without him though
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I think the Write the Future video is cursed! Many of the players who were in it are not going to be at the World Cup or are getting injured before the tournament starts
If Drogba doesn't play how far do you think Ivory Coast will go?
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Post the video please, Jet. Lets see who else is in.... Lucky none of the above mentioned is in my dreamfooty. Save me the trouble.
Ronaldinho, [C.] Ronaldo, Rooney, Drogba, Tim Howard, Cannavaro, and 2 more I thin
That's a horrible situation if its true...
Shuds (Barcelona) 3 years ago
The Video  
MariusV (Manchester United) 3 years ago
There's like 20 different ads about fifa world cup 2010, but so far I think this one's the best!
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Drogba, Cannavaro, Walcott, Ferdinand, Rooney, Ribery, Ronaldinho, Tim Howard, Donovan, Pique, Fabregas, Iniesta and Cristiano Ronaldo were all in the ad.... The Dutch players seemed to be stand-ins though
Hmm.... Maybe the Dutch team paid Nike to not curse them.... Well played, Holland...
Ben (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Except Robben almost cursed himself with that failed showboat:

Ciankc (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Ferdinand is probably not going to be playing because of a knee injury
Rio is out, that's why Gerrard is the new captain
One gotta' feel fate is doing all these work to get Gerrard to captain England....

First Beckham steps down, then Terry philandered around, then Rio limped home....
Gerrard didn't want the arm-band when he was asked to take it from Terry. I'm not sure. This could be detrimental the the English side's chances
ACMilan21 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Yeah for a start, Drogba is declared fit to play, and Pirlo's injury is still just a rumor. Also, it was said to only last 15-20 days, so as the WC starts in a week, he can still play in it.
Ferdinand unfortunately is completely out, as well as Ballack.
Milito was also injured during training, leaving doubts in Maradonna's crooked little mind.
Chiellini has also sprained his ankle, meaning that he may not be fit for the start of the cup, but he won't be missing it, that's for sure
From what I've seen here is the injury list:

Michael Ballack
Didier Drogba
Rio Ferdinand
Oscar Cardozo
Diego Milito
Julio Cesar
Mauro Camoranesi
Humberto Suazo
Heiko Westermann
Andrea Pirlo
Michael Essien
John Obi Mikel

Pretty much a good portion of the Chelsea team.
And the list goes on...
Diego Milito-will be fine!  Julio Cesar- will be fine!  Andrea Pirlo-will play after 15-20 days!  
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
You can add robben and skrtel to that ever growing list
3 years ago
Arjen Robben just injured in the friendly against Hungary. Didn't look good
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Oh no I hope it doesn't rule him out
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
What the f**k is wrong with this WC?!
And ManUk,he won't be flying to SA with his teammates

Link: www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/06/0...
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Aggghh! That seriously hurts the Netherlands chances and I won't get the joy of seeing Robben play
Rob12 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Robben has gone to the hospital.Link: www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,... theres a proper link. Because Goal.Com will make out that he lost his head because he didn't give henry 8th a boy
Ahh crap this just keeps getting worse by the second
Hill (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Robben is supposed to play eventually though!
I don't think it's going to hurt the Netherlands too much if Robben misses out.... They still have a hugely impressive attacking core, they may just have to add in a more possession-minded midfielder to replace him. Think about:
Ibrahim Afellay
Nigel de Jong
Mark van Bommel
Rafael van der Vaart
Ryan Babel
Eljero Elia
Klaas Jan Huntelaar

None of those guys are projected to start. They have a truly stacked bench. They can give Robben all the time he needs to be match-fit
RRajeev (Manchester United) 3 years ago
As we have seen in this world cup there are many players missing out due to injury, among those we have some team Captain missing due to recent injury.
What do you think will have have a negative impact on their respective team?

Rio-

Recently been named England captain. He didn't had a great season with Man UTD also but he was important for England in this World Cup. He is a great leader.
England can managed without Rio. I think M. Dawson is the correct replacement.

Ballack-

His contribution in the German midfield will be severely missed according to me. He had a great season with Chelsea and was well prepared for a good World. Its really unlucky for him.

Drogba-

The very important leader of Ivory Coast. They will definitely miss him.
The African continent loves him a lot and he will be missed....

Its already a big number of players missing this World Cup 2010 in South Africa. Cross fingers and God bless, this list doesn't increases
RRajeev (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Now Robben...
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
God damn it! Robben out severely hurts the Netherlands' chances. f**k! I really thought this would be their WC
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I'm worried too, I was expecting some fire works from RVP.... Now I am starting doubt that he maybe used as a winger, and Huntelaar would take the center forward role....
Cesar hasnt trained for like 3days now...
But he's going to be fine!  If he doesn't play, Brazil will miss him very much
StefanJay (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Even if he doesn't play in the group stage they have Gomez on the bench who is a great shot stopper. He lacks Cesar's composure at times, but thankfully his handling has improved
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
The latest two players I have heard could miss out, robben, and liverpools martin skirtel, who has went for a scan, simalar to ferdinand by the sound of it.
There may not be enough players left to have a world cup, keep your boots handy?
He is suppose to be ok just needs rest. But still everyone is getting injuried
MariusV (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Now robben is suppose to be injured
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
These late injury notices are getting annoying!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football