Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
2010 Fifa World Cup Qualifiers
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
Right now, (IMHO of course)

England: has next to no chemistry to win it seems and chokes when it counts. Sounds harsh but I do support them in their endeavors. (Possible Finalist)

Spain: Has one of the strongest teams chemistry wise, but will always feel they deserve to win rather then die for the win. (Possible Finalist)

Brazil: Strong club but I would put them in the Deserve category, they will not try their best until it may be too late, but very strong in the meantime. (Pre-Semis)

Italy: It is hard to say what Italy will do exactly, as their payers are injured then not then decide to play then take vacation, as does England and Spain, but still strong but not enough to win. (Pre-Semis)

Holland: Will do quite well compared to their previous yers and will impress many as they already have, but I don't think they have what it takes quite yet to win the whole thing. (Pre-Semis)

Germany: Germany is not as strong this year as it once was, same with their league games less exciting. (Will be knocked out before the Semi Finals.)

Russia: Has the best chance if they can rally a healthy squad to take everything this year or come quite close, strong soccer last year and rising this year in club status/excitement though many will disagree that this makes no difference. (Out Before Semis)

Ukraine: Will surprise many more then they have already I believe, even though they hold the balance of my home countries fate partially in their hands(Greece). (Pre-Semis)

I am going to play the wild card and say that I believe that an African/Mediterranean side could enter the Finals but will not win
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Where is all the talk about the play-offs? 1st leg this weekend and I can't wait!

Greece v Ukraine : This will be a tight one, both teams play well as a unit and it shows. I'm leaning towards Greece but Ukraine can be the dark horses out of the whole UEFA contingent to go through.

Portugal v Bosnia-Herzegovina : Portugal are expected to go through although all the talk has been about Ronaldo which is shadowing the expectations of a major European power in football. Quieroz says he'll make him play even if it is only for a few minutes in a match of tug-of-war between Madrid with Ronaldo sitting in the midddle. Ronaldo talk has overshadowed this preview too.

Rep of Ireland v France : The big one. Rep of Ireland can easily upset France and the crowd will be fully behind them. Can't wait for this. France are expected to qualify with the quality that they undoubtedly possess but the Irish have some very impressive players who make a formidable cohesive opponenet. Keane, Hunt, Dunne, Duff, O'Shea.... Just to name a few. Who can forget Given? He's always reliable in front of goal. Big game. France should qualify but the pressure is entirely on them.

Russia v Slovenia : Hiddink was confident before the last match against Germany that both teams would go through, gotta' agree. Germany went 1st because they won on that day and I wouldn't bet against Hiddink. The man is a legend, from Korea to Stamford Bridge. Russia through.

I mean no disrespect to the teams I haven't gone into details with, simply because I get naive at a point. I can't believe some people are complaining about the international break, these are very important matches with big names and big players who people would want to see, come next year. Huge weekend!
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
Well, so most have seen the results and I thought I would update on here as a source of knowledge for those thirsty travelers.

Greece 0 - 0 Ukraine
Ireland 0 - 1 France
Portugal 1 - 0 Bosnia-H.
Russia 2 - 1 Slovenia

The Kiwis (New Zealand) also advanced to their first opportunity in 20 some years and towards their first title.
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Russia is out! Insane

Kick4Life - changing lives through football