Forums / World Cup 2010
Order: Newest / Oldest
2010 Fifa World Cup Qualifiers
Charlie (Barcelona) 5 years ago
It's that time again, there are some good international games at hand footy addicts.

Spain is this years flavor of the month, and I'm sure many of you disagree.

So, any Opinions? Predictions? Rants? Raves?

Who do you support?
Danyulz (Liverpool) 5 years ago
You have to bring up the questions that arose about Spain's defence from the concacaf loss to the US. Certainly we deserve a slice of credit for quality under pressure, but in the end Spain lost that game, the United States didn't win it. In fact, I thought we were more deserving of the win in the Brazil game, but that's the beautiful game. In the end, I think Brazil, Spain, and France will be the strongest contenders. I also look at the Netherlands line-up and wonder if they can could make a bit of a splash on the World Cup stage
Estudio75 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Barcelona has to win the cup this year, yes they lost again USA, but let not forget that most of the players came from the champions league & la liga. Hope they can meet USA again now that most of the players are 100%
Prvfooty (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I think Spain's semifinal exit from the Confederations cup was something that hurt Spain. Spain were the favorites to win that tournament, but let's not forget, they ended their WC qualifying campaign on a 100% record. 2009, is a puzzling one, Netherlands, England and Brazil are also on top form
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Want England to play a big role in the World cup    Hopefully we reach the semi finals
[account-removed] 5 years ago
I want holland VS spain in the Finals!
The two best teams never to have won the World Cup!
Would be an amazing final!
Don't you agree?
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Ya that would be a good final, It' s pretty likely that one will be in the final the way they are playing
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Yeah great teams really great. It's amazing they haven't won the World Cup
FoolMuffin (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Yes I have to admit, the dutch have a strong team.... As well as spain.... But argentina.... They will bounce back up from their 6-1 game
Hampard8 (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I don't think the Dutch will win, largely because of their inability to execute in the biggest games. They were fairly atrocious against Russia in last year's Euro Cup, after dominating the group stages. Spain is a fair bet to go all the way, though
Duartej86 (CA Boca Juniors) 5 years ago
I want Paraguay against Brasil in the semi finals
I want Paraguay against Brasil in the semi finals
Estudio75 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
I feel is going to be Argentina vs Spain
Hashhash (VfL Wolfsburg) 5 years ago
WHAT! You guys are obviously forgetting about Brazil and Germany!
I would love to see Lionel Messi make a huge impact on the world cup, if he brings the world cup back to Argentina he would very quickly become part of the discussion about the greatest player who ever lived. Spain do look to me to be favorites, really good squad, so does the Netherlands, Brasil, Argentina, Germany, England and many others. I would like to see an African team go far in the tournament, that would be amazing and some of them have great talent, Cameroon would be my pick because of the legendary lion, Samuel Eto'o
Yeah, if there is one player to watch in the 2010 WC its definetly Messi.

I hope Eto'o and his team go far aswell, everyone likes a feel-good story
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Didn't Nigeria get to the finals against Argentina in the Olympics? Too bad they lost, they did very well to get there...
Hampard8 (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I think it is possible that a team from Africa gets to at least the quarter finals. Pele said that an African team would win the world cup by 2010, which I don't entirely believe, but if there is a time to do it, it would be next year
Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 5 years ago
Pele is also all about some good politics haha he would say that wouldn't he?
I agree. Messi is defenitley going to led argentina to the final for the world cup against brasil
Cameroon lost to Togo! Craziness Adebayor scored I want to see Cameroon at least make it to the world cup
[account-removed] 5 years ago
LOL!  African pride!  Cameroon are not all that!  Nigeria, Egypt and Ivory Coast are better!
If you say so, but cameroon still has the best chance, out of all of them, to qualify
Cameroon needs to make it to the quarter finals
Pppffffff.... They lost to togo.... Dam abedayor
I think South Africa is going to be a challenge for every team. They have a pretty nasty team
Ivory Coast destroyed 5 0 they look like top contenders in Africa, I would still like Cameroon to do well
I read somewhere that a wall collapsed during the game...
Really that would be really bad, hopefully everyone is alright
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
22 died and it was vs malawi, they went ahead with the game...
Oh no, and then Malawi got beat 5 0, f**k man that's really sad the people there must have been heartbroken
Yianni (Adelaide United) 5 years ago
Australia play tonight and if they win they go through, so I'm definately going to watch it. GO THE socceroos!
The socceroos are going to qualify with a Cahill Header
Wow, australia could be the first to qualify for africa    They were last to qualify for germany four years ago
Interesting contrast there
Haha Holland Have Endless Talent    I can see them winning    And lol spain have never went won the quater finals
Yianni (Adelaide United) 5 years ago
Australia 2-0 AT FULL TIME, 99% INTO THE world CUP!  Yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss!  GO socceroos! I'm pumped
Dude I am glad you are stoked for your team haha everywhere I go there are posts about Australia from you man, congratulations I hope they do well
Netherlands is really good Huntelaar is a new rising star, and they have fresh talent, as well as veterans that could lead them to a title, neither them or Spain have ever won it, crazy, I would love to see both of them get far like they did in the Euros
I meant to put that under Sergio Ramos's post haha sorry
Its ok dude    Atleast you replied
Argentina is losing after 20 min...................Lets see if they can bounce back.

Edit: england won.......Did you see crouch's robot-doing-the-rope. If you remember Smithy's advice.

YEAH DUDE!

I was waiting for someone to make a reference
Lool

That wasawessome

But apparentley rio rerdiland put him up to it loool
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
Norn Iron 1 - 0 Slovenia, 4 in a row, we are going to South Africa, Team of 2010
Wow argentina definatly didn't bounce back

Australia won, but so did that 3rd world country, that needed to draw, if the socceroos wanted to get into the world cup today. Oh well, they have three more chances to get 1 point and automaticaly qualify.

Spain also won, wow they got lucky there with that 90th min goal

Ribery pulled through for france again 1 - 0

Well that's it for now.

Arepitt (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Congratulation to England boss for a superb and magnificent win over Ukraine....

Hope to see England make their way to South Africa on next year world cup....

Light IT UP DA three lions!....
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Hey guys see how Lionel Messi helped them is this game!     Bolivia 6 - 1 Argentina  
Sarcasm doesn't work on the internet
Did you see how Ronado helped his team against Sweden? Messi did brilliantly against Venezuela, it is very clear that the whole Argentina team was just outclassed I don't think the Messiah could do very much about this one
FoolMuffin (Liverpool) 5 years ago
2010 WC will be missing some familiar faces =(oh well...
Not over yet    (hopes)_
Sandez (Manchester United) 5 years ago
LOL Charlie
Argentina is defenitely slacking too much...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football