Forums / World Cup 2014
Order: Newest / Oldest
Is South-american Football That Bad?
MauSchmelzer (Botafogo Rio Janeiro) 1 year ago
First of all, I'm a brazilian and I'm posting this topic because so much people - in Europe and in the US, specially - underrates south-american club football. I mean, they always argue that the defending is poor, the tatics system too.... But they don't even watch a single match down here. (Not necessaraly because they don't want to, but because the broadcasting distribution by Conmebol and the other televisions is realy bad; what makes watching a south-american competition a tough duty.)

The trigger for me to make this question was Tata Martino's selection as the new Barcelona's manager. Martino is a superb manager, but people who don't know his job started to say on twitter "Now Barça is really dead!", "Who the f**k is this guy? ", and so on. Watching some football blogs on Youtube - KickTv, for instance - the same doubt on his quality was made.

So mates, post here what do you know about south-american club football; what d'you want to know too; what's the best teams. I'll answer on the comment party below.

Entler (Manchester United) 7 months ago
I think South american football is still possible. They put the sport as a career. See South Africa's football have this feeling. I have a special respect for them. South Africa Link: www.wysjg.com/south-africa-c-11_39/
[account-removed] 7 months ago
More money in Europe, best players in South America leave to get paid more, clubs in S. A. Are left with worse talent than their European counterparts. End of discussion, it's a no-brainer. Articles like this show up every now and then to repeat the same obvious statement
Icebluesun (Everton) 7 months ago
The competition itself is pretty good, but there's just no money going into the league in general. Have to wonder where all that transfer money went.

If a team can start and finish with completely different players, the league itself is in a lot of trouble, not to mention the teams

Kick4Life - changing lives through football