Forums / West Ham United
Order: Newest / Oldest
West Ham United V Norwich City, Jan 1
Atrixer (Norwich City) 1 year ago
A really disappointing result, could easily have gotten a point here, props to West Ham though, despite the terrible referee decisions
BoleynGhost (West Ham United) 1 year ago
Disagree. I thought the ref got every decision spot on. I can understand the frustration with the penalty decision in the first minute as normally they aren´t given. However that is normally because the referee hasn´t seen it. Clattenburg was in the perfect position and going by the rules of the game it is a foul in the box.

As for the second goal there is no foul and no head injury so don´t understand why Norwich thought we should have kicked the ball out of play. Reid did handle the ball for your first penalty shout but he was also being blatantly fouled at the time and should have won a free kick.

I think the only decision you can make a strong case for is the penalty appeal for Harry Kane. There is contact but he goes down far too easily and he wouldn´t have reached the ball anyway as he was the wrong side of Tomkins.

West Ham really should have finished the game off before half time. Quite how Carlton Cole missed that open goal I will never know. And I think Bunn´s save from Collison was one of the best saves I have seen all season
Atrixer (Norwich City) 1 year ago
The penalty was incredibly harsh. Since we've been in the PL we've had the large majority of penalty decision go against us. At the start of last season we racked up something like six penalty's to opposing teams, five of which couldn't even be argued, just terrible refereeing.

The trend continues this season. That early on the game everybody is quite energetic and rough, referees won't give out cards and will be lenient over fouls. The fact that a player was out muscled in the penalty box is not a foul, let alone serious enough for a penalty that early on, it really ruined the game. It's also ridiculous that this penalty was given over Harry Kane's incident, the referee should of made amends there but clearly wasn't going to back down.

Not a clue how Cole missed that either, never been a fan of his, he's quite goofy on the ball. Isn't that two in a few weeks now? West Ham could of killed it off, but I don't think it would have been the same story if the penalty was not unfairly given. Norwich looked really demoralised and slow the entire first half
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Norwich definitely got unlucky with some calls here and West ham got lucky. Could have easily being a draw
TheRealBlues (Everton) 1 year ago
West ham rules

Kick4Life - changing lives through football