Forums / West Ham United
Order: Newest / Oldest
West Ham United V Manchester United, Jan 5
VorteC (Chelsea) 1 year ago
RVP is a f*****g beast
4ever (Barcelona) 1 year ago
What a player.... One of the most astonishing one man show in recent history of football.... If man utd do win any title, rvp is the only reason for it.... If he continue to do so, then red devil's iconic cantona will be slowly fading from man utd fans heart.... Is there anybody who rises like this after 29 years of age....
By the way west ham look scary with joe cole and their long ball tactics...
Jonas01 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Oh mate, don't get carried away. RVP is top class, but without the great service he gets he wouldn't score. All our attacking players are in great form and we're even without keyplayers like rooney, anderson en nani
Lutheaven (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Well, arsenal was 4th last season with RVP. So him alone can't win title
Shiwa (Manchester United) 1 year ago
^ That, and don't forget our midfield are the ones who utilise RVP's ability to the maximum
I got disagree with all.... Utd attack was toothless till rvp come.... Till then they rely only on counter attacks.... Didn't test jaselkain at all.... What the best thing is for rvp is he make opposite fans to believe that their team wud going to concede goals at any moment.... I think rvp makes your midfield feel much better.... They were worse before.... Well.... It's my opinion only...
DTaDiablo ((Footytube Staff)) 1 year ago
I don't think the attack was toothless, more like West Ham had defended very well. Those highlights don't give enough justice to West Ham's resilient defence.

Also the last ten minutes of the game were quite stretched with West Ham unlucky not to score the third goal
Pranav91 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
4ever is entitled to his opinion, but he's just another one of those 'neutrals' who doesn't really observe manchester united, and understand them tactically. At least that's what his comments say to me
NerazurriGunner (Arsenal) 1 year ago
@lutheaven: just for the heck of it Arsenal were 3rd last season not 4th!
It's all about Giggs' ball
Ck099 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
You are joking right?! The ball was nice but talk about the control and finish  
Shiwa (Manchester United) 1 year ago
You are joking right?! Without the pass, control and finish won't even exist
Chukchuk (Manchester United) 1 year ago
You are joking right?! Without the soccer ball, soccer would not exist
RedFace (Manchester United) 1 year ago
It was all about both of them! World class ball, world class control and world class finish. Enough said.

Cleverleys goal was a peach too. Deserves a mention. He seems to be adding goals to his game this season. Great to see
LaCeleste (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
You Manchester United, glory hunting scum are all the same, giving all the glory to the new money signing Van Persie, and none to the veteran who has devoted his whole career to the club
I actually think all four goals in this game were very nice. The first goal for united was excellent, a lot of quick football and quick 1 2's and the delivery from Hernandez to Clev's was brilliant, as for the finish well it was quite emphatic.

I've seen RVP's goal a dozen times and I've yet to get bored of it: Giggs vision and delivery was brilliant; but at this point RVP had a lot to do to judge the flight of the ball as well as bringing it under control and then finishing superbly on his 'weaker' foot
Yashr8 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
@LaCeleste Haha, last time I checked, in the White Hart Lane stadium they had a banner saying "The game is about glory". Ironic, isn't it LaCeleste? The Tottenham supporter was demolished by a quote in the team's OWN stadium, so please go learn your facts
Ck099 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Everything about the goal was beautiful but taking into consideration that it was extra-time and on his weaker foot.... More credit should go to the finish.... There are 100 of pros out there who wouldn't have even been able to bring the ball down
We've already seen what RVP can really do with his weak foot against the latics
NYC2ANFIELD (Liverpool) 1 year ago
As a liverpool fan I always had nothing but admiration for RVP, and even 4, 5 yrs ago knew he was world class that was unlucky with injuries again as a liverpool fan I felt bad for gunner fans that a potential club legend opted to joine manure instead of a foreign club-cant begrudge him wanting siverware; but not at united. That being said, he has been simply devestating the ;ast two seasons; if anything nasri and cesc leaving did him a favor because last season he got to show his true class. This season he's just reaffirming it. I'm 28 and i've never seen two world class fowards complement each other more than rooney and rvp.... Not to mention the 2 on the bench. I fooookin hate man you, and west ham fullly deserved the 3, but my team needs another player like rvp before we can dream of even getting close to the title again
Wellp west ham didn't even get 1 because it was a cup game. Tehe
Great to see a rival fan show some well due appreciation.

You say west ham fully deserved the 3? It was FA cup 3rd round. No points at stake. We were lucky to escape with a replay though
LaCeleste (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
RVP, a man that has a great touch, can find himself space, and finish with pure class. You say you need someone like RVP, yet you have a man with exactly the same qualities in Luis Suarez
Jackolantern (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Robin vantabulous Persie
The world didn't end so that we could watch RVP end it
Kryptz (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Arsenal fans: "Who needs batman when we've got robin? "  Man Utd fans "We've got both(Rooney and RVP)
Malachai (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Sry mate. Joke not working
Kakimora (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Mmm the first touch was speechless, rvp and suarez are great to watch
Wid0wMaker (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Sorry but rvp is in a completely different league from suarez
Well.... I don't think so.... They are on same league...
Uhhh.... They both are similar. Only two differences are, Van Persie has clinical finish. Suarez has great pace. Personality wise, Van Persie seems like a nice person, while Suarez seems to be cocky
Sohaeb (Manchester City) 1 year ago
You meant to say: vice versa
Ask any club in the world. Suarez or Van Persie. I think 99% of clubs would take van persie. He's a class act...
NasserAlmanji (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Collins two headers were right in the target
The assists from Joe Cole were absolutely quality deliveries. As for the goals they were well directed, no pace was needed as the balls were whipped in real good!
Audentio (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Everyone has like the same initials on West Ham. J. [C.]
Stevoman (Stevenage Borough) 1 year ago
What Manchester United did is the equivalent of Cambridge University educating someone to be as clever as Stephen Hawking and then Oxford buying him for £34 million and then when he solves some ridiculously hard maths problem they take all the credit and are all like wheylala we are so much cleverer than you, and Cambridge is all like f**k off he was our boffin first. We made that good for nothing c**t what he is today, a very talented spoilt c**t who gets paid £200 grand a motherfucking week to kick a sack of f*****g air across a field of f*****g grass skillfully! Who the f**k cares if he scores for your good for nothing team. He literally would be welcomed in any good for nothing f*****g TEAM!
Wtf you talking about? High on crack again?
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Ah, I see. He is an Arsenal fan
Lol gonna' take a screenshot and post to Facebook!
Robin929 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Sir Alex is going to have a heartattack one day if Man UTD continue to score this late
Bjarni10 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Giggsy pass to RVP was the pass of the season! And RVP's first touch was simply sublime, I could watch that goal all day
As much as I hate van rapist! Respect where respect is due! A worldclass touch and goal.... Pass from Giggs was worldclass too
Superfanof (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Raping teams is what wenger taught him to do lol
Lol, but at ManU he has become even a better rapist
Reddevils21 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Van Rapist, hahaha
JayTIP (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Lol
Superfanof (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Don't you think you are too humble when you said those words as a barca fan
SirArthur (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Most unfair comments from Stevoman IMO.

Sir Alex is always promoting young players in the team. Van Persie's transfer was rather the exception than the rule.

His style simply did not suite the way Arsenal plays.

He now shines under Sir Alex's direction and I say, jolly good luck to him!
MadGnu2 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
To be honest, I'm pretty sure he was banging in the goals at arsenal anyway.... Just has a better team around him at united
GOAAL (Arsenal) 1 year ago
He had more goals this time last year at arsenal mat
Acphenom (Borussia Dortmund) 1 year ago
I thought RVP did excellent at Arsenal too, but he's surprised me with how effective he is in a deeper role - much more so than Rooney, who only has his tracking-back and 50-yard pass to lay claim on. RVP's a versatile player - he's as good as any in the country as either No. 9 or No. 10
Preznet (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I'm gonna' say it - I think this Man UTD team can take Barca. Van Persie has added a whole new dimension to Man you, or at least a dimension was lacking since Ronaldo departed for Madrid - a star forward that can score at will. Truly, nobody really filled that role since Ronaldo left. Even in 2010 when Rooney had a great season, he wasn't really this dangerous. I know it seems presumptuous, but 2013 will be the year of Man U's revenge for the two final losses. We're coming for you Barca!
Preznet (Manchester United) 1 year ago
And yes.... I realize I make that comment on a game where Man UTD tied a team like West Ham - though no disrespect to WestHam
JayTIP (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Man you?
Wingfootedone (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Guys, as a Utd fan, you should know that Man UTD is a derogatory term used by rival fans against us.

It's Utd, Red Devils or Man Utd. Never Man you. FYI
Acphenom (Borussia Dortmund) 1 year ago
I don't mind the term 'Man U'. They can say it all they want; it must bother them that it doesn't bother me

Rooney has declined significantly since the 2010 World Cup, he just isn't the master CF anymore. If he's not careful he'll find himself on the bench when Nani and Ando are back. He needs to step it up. That does reflect well on our team though, I think we have a decent shot against Barca. We need to sort our winger problem out though, whether that means changing tactics or bringing in a new wideman
Gooner4lyfeBrah (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Young-very talented. Fast, good feet, nice shot valencia-possibly the best crosser in the world, giggs-watch the video and nani- your freaking ronaldo replacement who won u's the 09-10 title almost single handedly, but united say they have a winger problem

Arsenal has gervinho-shite, arshavin-never plays, oeveloping, theo-doesn't want to play there, podolski-absolutely useless on the wing

But united has a winger problem.... .... Wtf?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football