Forums / Wales
Order: Newest / Oldest
England V Wales, Sep 6
HustleHard (Arsenal) 2 years ago
England are a complete joke. Fourth IN THE world? YOUR having A laugh, I mean come on wales are ranked 175 or something like that. Wales at least deserved a point you can see Ramsey and Bale playing with a lot of heart. The English players are overpaid and don't really give a s**t.

I'd be really surprised if they make it out of the group stages of Euro 2012.... Fourth IN THE world? YOUR having A laugh!
CalumLUFC 2 years ago
The reality is that Wales played a lot better than a team ranked 117 in the world, but England were admittedly poor.

Capello has the players available to practically play the Man UTD front 6 (minus Nani and Anderson, and Wilshere is better than Anderson anyway - yes he's injured atm but play the formation atleast) so hopefully when Welbeck is fit he will throw in the much needed second striker. I don't see why he doesn't do it anyway, using Defoe for the time being and with Young playing more in his Man UTD position (wider and deeper) where he has been so effective recently. That would allow Rooney to come deep without leaving a gaping hole upfront - his creativity is much needed but then we have no-one in the box!

And I don't see why Cleverly isn't even on the bench. He's played well for Man UTD for the past few games and I don't see why he doesn't bring him on late in the game to get some experience at international level - he will be a key player in the future and the sooner he gets him involved the better. Capello seems to be so against using the young players. Its likely Lampard will be past it for the world cup in 2014 so why not prepare for the future and find his replacement now when were playing teams like bulgaria and wales?

Anyway, I can obviously do Capellos job better than him, I mean, I can match his record of 10 domestic titles and 1 champs league as a manager....
Badge (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Wilshere-Cleverly can definitely be a terrific partnership. With Rooney, Sturridge and Welbeck up front too, Capello's got enough quality and options in his squad. I wonder why he's not giving the opportunity to the youngsters, they're the future
Blippito (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Poor Lamps...
Zolamagic (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I don't get the criticsm of Lampard.... He may have not had a great game by his high standards but he passed well and got into some goal scoring positions. It was a poor pass from Barry and he couldn't get the ball from under his feet with 3 players closing him down. England were rubbish and if anything Wales took control of the game late on, after Lampards substitution. I suppose that was just a coincidence....

Zolamagic (Chelsea) 2 years ago
More to the point, what was Rooney doing dropping so deep? He had a poor game. England were constantly playing the long ball up to Young, and Rooney who were being towered over by the Wales defence. Strange tactics. Smalling looked poor and Barry was anonymous. England will get horribly exposed next time they face a decent opponent.

The chance at the end where the Wales player was meant to have fouled Young when he broke into the box was never a foul! And Earnshaw should have buried his chance aswell. Wales should have won
Goooner04 (Western Sydney Wanderers) 2 years ago
Rooney always drops deep that's how he plays
Come510 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Fantastic win for the British!
Tooooon (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Another unconvincing win.... I don't hold much hope for next year. A handful of teams would beat us based on this display
Acoop13 (Juventus) 2 years ago
I agree. Not very promising by england. I do not follow them very closely but I am always amazed at the how the immense talent they have gets only mediocre results
Voozy (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Its easy, most of the "immense talent" plays for different clubs, and they are worshiped as gods in those clubs.

Now when you take them all and put them in one club, it just ends up with too many EGO heads to sail the boat.

England national team = too many delusional players believing the media hype
Vaishnav (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Clash of the ego! Lol
Gms17 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Unconvincing. But it's a result oriented business, and a win is a win
MichalisC (Panathinaikos Athens) 2 years ago
s**t performance and lucky not to draw
Spartan (West Ham United) 2 years ago
Greece played better!
Matt612346 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Looks like lamps is done. Too slow. England should have won 5-0 or 6-0. Wales were lucky. Wilshere and Gerrard in midfield(maybe cleverley?) for Euro 2012 with downing and young on the wings(milner/walcott backups, barry is playing great maybe he plays behind Gerrard/Wilshere? Smalling cole terry jones on defence, hart goalie
Filsuf (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Cahill > Terry  Cleverley > Gerard
Kuyttheman (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Gerrard>lampard>cleverly  
Duces14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Wilshere >gerrad>lampard>cleverly
Reventon (Barcelona) 2 years ago
What Filsuf said
Goooner04 (Western Sydney Wanderers) 2 years ago
Get the chelsea boys outa there they are done
Blackhands (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Why is the net @ Wembley so wide? Just asking
I4SUN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Robert Earnshaw making the top 10.... Miss infront of the goal!
Komeni (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Avearge performance from england, but they still managed to earn 3 points
Komeni (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Young - downing hug fail
Soccerpolo25 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
England still doesn't feel like a real team. There is this pressing feeling of individuality from every player. Ashley Young is doing so well lately, hope he keeps on improving
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Spot on. The only players I see clicking together are most Man Utd players and Downing
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Lol.

What an average performance by England.

Overhyped, over-priced, over-rated and over-paid English players always felt that they deserved a win after their losses or draws.

Whereas a single win would perhaps disillusioned them of lifting the trophy in every single competition.

Baller89 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
What about the spain vs chile match 3-2 where arbeloa had to dive in the penalety box for spain to win it
Sid3091 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
At least England Entertains. Spain has had to have one of THE most Dull WC campaigns ever. 1 nil in almost every match. Enjoy your beautiful(boring) football while we get entertained
Hewlett (Blackburn Rovers) 2 years ago
A win is a win
Wizie01 (AC Milan) 2 years ago
England Entertains? Lol you have been watching a different team play my friend....

Chile is not Wales but not an excuse for spain's lack of form

Best team's in EU Germany & Netherlands
Hanzv (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Haters from LA liga and Serie A    Seriously?
Reventon (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Spain/Germany/Netherlands/Portugal looks strong....

And england entertains? Sorry mate but what planet are you from? If you find them getting humiliated in the world cup is entertaining then yeah I'll agree with you.
Sid3091 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
They made for a far more entertaining match with Germany rather than spain. Also Rob greens mistake was quite entertaining
Wizie01 (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Haters from Serie A lol.... I'm english you Toad....

Can't believe am the only one upset with England's performances and I will not stick my neck out for these guys till they stick a foot out for me and play like I know they can....

And "Sid3091" I can only pray J. Hrt doesn't read your comments

Kick4Life - changing lives through football