Forums / Villarreal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Manchester City V Villarreal, Oct 18
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Good fight back for Man City. And yeah AGuero scored
Lawrence83 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
This is why La Liga is better than EPL, if actually watch the full match, Man City wasn't real threat to Submarines the whole match. Yea you can trash Aston Villa with your secondary players. But look at all trouble you have with top half team of La Liga, I mean if you let Real or Barca play against top half team like Spurs, Red or even Chelsea they will probably still trash em with 2 - 0
Spyui (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Barcelona probably can do that but Real, I don't think so
Blueinusa (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Lawrence.... Name three teams that can win La Liga.... Three! You can't!

Epl is by far the better league. You have more teams that can win and have a chance at the big one.

Who watches any of the teams in La Liga other than Real Madrid and Barca? It is nowhere near the meat grinder of the premier league
Well, if you bring Barca and Real to EPL and I'm pretty sure they will be favorites for 99% of the matches. Teams don't stand a chance in La Liga is not cause the overall quality of the league, it's just cause Real and Barca are just far better not only in La Liga but in Europe. Just cause EPL has more competitive matches doesn't mean the league is better overall. EPL is the better marketed, more financial right and balance league, but La Liga is the better overall league
Lawrence,

Barca and Real Madrid control that league. There is no competition. Its not a league where any team can win on a given day. We see in the Premier League, Stoke City who can make life miserable for opponents. Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea, City, United.... Even Newcastle are up there in the Premier League.

The physical nature of the league is far beyond anything you see in the dive around La Liga. David Silva said himself, that the Premier League is a much more difficult league to play in game in and game out.

You have no winter break and you play against teams every week that pose new and different challenges.

La Liga is the same thing every WEEK.

Premier League is a better league. More Talent on more teams. Not ALL of the talent on 2 teams
2 years ago
@ lawrence, people have been sayng that real madrid and barca are just better than any other team in europe for years now, my mind must be deceiving me because I think Real madrid have done nothing in europe for last 10 years and counting
I totally agree with the EPL has more talents on more teams, but the Best talent in the world is in La Liga, I mean La Liga always has decent success in Europe, I'm talking teams beside Real and Barca
Jammthis (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Don't mix league's.... As a wise man (Jose Mourinho) once said, it's impossible to even consider that the best team from League A can win League be and visa versa. Real and Barca especially wouldn't survive in such a fast paced league where referee's are beyond lenient, their theatrical dives would be met with swift yellow cards and the speed of the game plus style would overwhelm them. Manchester United/Chelsea would not win La Liga because the game is played at a more controlled Pace and is a lot less physical.

Anyone that thinks any team from either league can waltz into the other and dominate needs to seek some common sense.

Bilboy (Manchester United) 2 years ago
No doubt La Liga is and forever will be dominated by Real and Barca, but there is no denying that they are easily the 2 best teams in Europe this season

It will take a big shock for a team otuside of these 2 to win the champions league this season. I feel the only teams who stand a chance in a 2 legged tie of beating Real/Barca are Bayern, Man Utd, Chelsea and maybe Man City if they can get their act together in Europe
Billboy, I was contemplating taking a punt on Bayern to win it actually...
'' I mean La Liga always has decent success in Europe, I'm talking teams beside Real and Barca''

Actually, according to UEFA, you are completely wrong.

Link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient
Mcgoal (New York Red Bulls) 2 years ago
This was a great game. City were on top but not at the best we've seen this season, and Villareal had great defence and movement on the counter attack. The second half was more open than the first. Not sure why people are saying city and the game itself was boring? All of the players on the field played pretty well I thought and the end was exciting
Jjmanu4eva (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@Lawrence83

Don't talk sht about the prem league. Theres no competition in la liga, just real and man you. Also, Man city was a threat, they were a threat those 2 goals, and they were great build ups. Screw you la liga fan
Wow.... A United fan defended us lot from City? Wow.... Soon it will be dogs and cats living together! Lol jk....

Cheers.... Should be a cracking Derby Day!
I love watching the EPL, their game is exciting and the pace is great. But there's time I wish the teams are more crafty
Shackleton (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Awwww.... It's so cute seeing Man City winning their first Champions League match.... What dolls
Enjoy Europa league!
Rather play in the Championship than be a supporter of Manchester City. I would be embarrassed
Well enjoy it.... Hope you enjoyed getting punked in your home ground 5-0! Hahaha
No offence Spuds fan but it could be a VERY long time before your side feature in the champions league again
Honestly, I could care less about Tottenham. I put them down because I had to put somebody and I enjoy watching them play.

Know why?

Because I live thousands of miles away from England. I think it is so stupid for Americans to claim to be emotionally attached to any foreign club - especially a club that is nothing more than a non-profitable investment like Manchester City
Blueheart (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Lol.... Coool story bro
Like I said before....

3 points is 3 points. How many times have we seen United win games like this? City weren't at their best, but they were able to grind out a win. United has won a lot of matches where they played like garbage but won. City was able to not play well but get the win.

When United win on a late goal its because they're great.... When City do it.... Its luck.... You can't have it both ways.

City got the win.... In the end its about 3 points. City were drawn into the toughest group and they are getting a baptism by fire. They got a huge win today.
Danialazmi (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Welcome to the club. Now you know what it feels like
Hashhash (VfL Wolfsburg) 2 years ago
Lawernce83.... I swear if I find out who you are.... I will kill you lol.... You retarded ass douchebag.... At least make constructive criticism you fag
Cool Story Bro, should I give a s**t now?
Ibelieveinbenz (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Stfu you dumass wolfsburg fan dzeko is smart to leave you guys
Lol @ the Laliga fanboys.

1. Manchester City are by far and away not the best team in England.

2. This is their first champions league campaign, thus they don't have much experience (as a team).

3. Villareal are a team that consistently qualify and do well in the Champions League (at least in the group stages)

4. As someone already correctly stated, rank in the league does not automatically equate to how good a team may or not be. E.G. If Arsenal happened to be in the same group as Barca or Real and had gotten beaten by the same scoreline your so called 'argument' would be null and void.

5. There is no denying that at this moment in time Real and Barca are among the top three clubs in the world. This however means nothing when talking in context of league quality and competitiveness. I do myself think that our clubs have been under-performing in Europe thus far with the exception of Chelsea and that is mainly contributed to other factors such as Man City making their [C.]L bow and Arsenal being a complete shadow of their former selves.

6. Regardless of what you, I or any other dipshit fanboy may think. THE stats don't LIE - And you can read all about League popularity and revenue here:

Link: www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2478...

Cliffs:

1) Premier League is watched by 70% of the football audience.
2) Not even 1/3rd of this audience actually support a PL club.
3) Two season's ago television coverage of its matches reached 643 million homes around the world, up 11 per cent from 580 million in 2009/10.
4)SPORT+MARKT's analysts estimate the total cumulative in-home TV audience shot up from 2.9 to 3.9 billion during that time. When added to the estimated 777 million out of home viewers, that takes the total Barclays Premier League audience last term to 4.7 billion.

Read it and weep PL haters.

Astalavesta (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Cool story bro
Astalavesta (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Cool story bro
La Liga is not cover worldwide cause their TV deal, has nothing to with their popularity
La Liga has broken into the Asia market, I have also been to two islamic countries (Morocco and Turkey) where there have been a lot of Real and Barca fans.

It has everything to do with popularity.

AstaLavesta:    Humbled
You know what the MAIN difference is between the Premier league and La Liga? The Premier League sell their TV coverage as a league, wheareas La Liga clubs, sell them individually.

In the Prem, United for example, can't go and sell their games on their own, the league sell it for them meaning not all their games are shown on Sky. Every team is shown and then the money is split evenly between the 20 teams

In La Liga, Barca/Real can sell all their games easily, but then teams like Getafe struggle to sell any, because well lets face it, who wants to watch them play, meaning they get next to no TV revenue hence the huge difference between Real/Barca and the rest of the league
Danialazmi (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I live in a Southeast Asian country. Nobody here watches La Liga and it's not because of the TV Deal. Because it's boring. In fact I can confodently say that all Southeast Asian countries prefer the BPl a million times more than LA Liga or any other league.

By the way Turkey and Morocco aren't Asian countires. Turkey is European and Morocco is African.

So there's no need to theorise guys what the reason is or debate whether it's true or not.

I and other Asians are living proof that BPL is more watched because it's more entertaining
Wow, how lucky are City! Fair play though, Vilalreall are a decent team and they showed great determination to win after falling behind.

Can't wait for Sunday!
Thank god we got Vidic back. Tihnk we're going to need him to contain that Aguero lad! Always knew he was talented but didn't know he was this good in front of goal

The derby will be won by the forwards. Nani, Young, Rooney, Hernandez/Welbeck vs Nasri, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero. WOW
@Hashhash, Yo dude, are you looking for a date or something, you wanna share a hot cocoa bro? Oh wait! I need to give a SH*T about your comments?
LeeChungYong (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Milner is playing so well right now, its fun watching him. Kolarov is deadly on the freekick from the right hand side
Agreed about Milner.... He has been brilliant this season
Yet he hardly ever starts. I feel he should be given a run in the side as he is one of onyl a handful of players in that team who I geniunely believe cares about winning and is not just in it for the money
You mean he's not like Tevez?
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Most of them care about money that the reason they still sitting on the bench, or else they can just walk into any teams starting 11
Matt612346 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
James milner so underrated
MrAshley86 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Milner does more bad then good, adam johnson is underrated
Come510 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
City was very lucky to win it, be ready for Sunday's Manchester derby...
Socceric (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Meh, they had a lot of chances, bound to score. Time almost ran out
UnseenChelseaFa (Chelsea) 2 years ago
LMAO and Man UTD weren't extremely lucky to win their game? You guys needed 2 penalties to get the job done. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black
MrAshley86 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
First goal would have been a tap in if the defender never slapped the ball before it reached chihcarito plus the vidic red was dumb
Come510 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Ok what is the arguing about? Okk.... United may be very very lucky.... But City are also very lucky as 1 goal was an own goal and the 2nd one is scored during stoppage time...
Mumbleinriddles (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Scored during the stopage time = lucky?
United must have been pretty lucky many times.
Other teams scored during stopage time = lucky, but united = is because of their figthing spirits and never giving up?
How bias is that.
Like any other teams couldn't have a fighting spirit.
Haters
Wetporridge (Manchester City) 2 years ago
For the own goal, kolarov have to be credited for such a fabulous cross, even if he didn't own goal, dezko would still make it to the back of the net....

For the goal during stoppage time, Man City did well to build up everything and you can clearly see that four man city players made their run well for the goal, I must say even if aguero misses it, there would still be dezko to make the tap in

All Villarreal did was defend after their lucky first goal
Danhollis (Manchester City) 2 years ago
People get confused between entertainment and quality. The epl is more competitive than la liga, so more entertaining but spanish teams can be more professional and tactically aware than english teams. Villareal were missing five of their top players but were organised enough to almost nick it. City had to win and break down a nine man defence, not an easy task. Tonight City rode their luck, but they missed a whole heap of chances and if Dzeko had been on from we could of riped them apart. He didn't and had a shocker. This was a tough game for city they are new to the champions league but they have high expectations on their shoulders. It's not like spurs who had less expectations and were able to play with more freedom. Spurs played like they were delighted to be in the competition and it showed with a few fantastic performances. City are choking a little bit, but doing just enough so far. This might be the result that improves their confidence and play with freedom and expression. We won't win it we are miles behind bayern united and barcelona but we could compete with any other teams at this stage. I'd be happy with a quarter final going out to a top team hopefully not united, who we can challenge for in the epl but not yet europe
Socceric (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Well said
2 years ago
Smart and unbiased comment
JuzTroublez (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I think you'll be my first City friend on this website. Thumbs up for ya!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football