Forums / Ukraine
Order: Newest / Oldest
Ukraine V Germany, Nov 11
Zone425 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Ukraine WhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa? 3-3? Wow
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Very entertaining game! But our defence performance was awful. Ukraine could have scored 5, 6 goals.
But ok it was only a friendly game.

Ps: nice atmosphere in Kiew. Glad to see that Ukraine is ready for European cup and is already in fever
AriGold (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
What a bad game.... Loew tried a new system with 3-5-2, which was in fact more of a 3-6-1.... That didn't work out at all.... And with a lot of keyplayers missing/not playing like schweinsteiger, lahm, klose, müller, podolski, neuer, mertesacker etc you get a game like that.... I hope aogo and träsch never get nominated again for the nationalteam, what a poor performance from them
SIRryanofgiggs (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Muller scored lol
Yeah ok he came in in the 66th minute but it was already 3-1 there and because of his and podolskis substitution we came back with the 3-3
Teccomin (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Kroos is a beast. He shows Gotze and Ozil how to play like a real matured player
Sunzz (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Well said. Ozil is better than Gotze though
Well, don't forget Ozil is 4 years older than Mario. That's a lot of time and experience. You can argue about whos better at the moment or something, but fact is that Gotze is definately further in his developement with 19 years than Ozil was. Lets see where he gets in a few years
Harobi (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Really don't care who is better from those two. I like both of them to play for us. Period
Anubhz (Bayern München) 2 years ago
True that! Don't actually care whose better as long as they can play together and do best for us!
Our defence was such a joke! Look at the first goal! Ozil and Gotze were there to save it! Only DF was Hummels! Hilarious indeed! And the 3rd goal from the opponent was quite awesome actually. Powerful shot from a distance.... Nice!
The only only thing I liked about our team was the screamer from Kroos.
But then again when you play an experimental defence with 3 defenders the output is bound to be a joke!
Why on earth these games are not being taken seriously when we know these might work as mock-ups for euro 12? Ohh I forgot.... Friendlies! Nobody cares I guess!
HotTub (1. Köln) 2 years ago
Where would you try something experimental when not in a friendly.... I enjoyed the match. We still try to get better, get more options. I think that's one other thing I love about that team. They will never stop trying to improve themselves
I think loew just wants to have options to change the system within the game, f. E. If we are 1 or 2 goals behind in a game and need to come back, its a system that will be played for like 20 minutes in a match as an emergency plan.
And where to test it if not in friendly matches against average opponents (no offense @ukraine, they played fine and used our mistakes very well!)?

I'm sure he will stick with our normal system and always wanted to
Exactly
Teccomin (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Its best to get a draw from friendlies:
1. Its a friendly
2. A win encourages complacency
3. A loss is embarrassing
4. Only from a draw can lessons be learnt in a cool-headed manner
Harobi (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Like always, we play like s**t in friendly, but we are always favourite to win every major tournaments
Well I am also taking an inference here that this could be a probable formation just get back in the game if we were behind. & its quite obvious that this will never be a usual formation for us! But you still have to admit it turned out to be a joke jk!
Well I know it won't hurt us because its a frindly and I guess I have mentioned that earlier
IHadYouAll (Manchester United) 2 years ago
SO proud FOR MY country ahahaha. I would wish that germans got pwned. But I guess it is too early for Ukraine to pwn someone like Germany. Still happy with result. Lol Yeah and our goalkeeper probably doesn't get paid enough to even try to jump and block a ball. Ahahahahhaah
Mlenthe (Bayern München) 2 years ago
3 Lions.... But only 1 Star
BerlinerDK (Chelsea) 2 years ago
The german players were age 19-26. Great youth!
It was the youngest team that has ever played for germany since the war.  Average age was 23, X (don't know the exact number)
The're so many highlights.... Would love to see a longer recap.
Besides experimetal formations and line ups etc etc.... Lahm is the one player we really can't replace.... Even for schweini and ozil we have decent players to step up.... But not on left and right back position.

Kroos is already becoming invaluable.

All in all.... Possessionplay in second half looked good.... Kudos to ukraine for the quick couter attack football.... The keeper is the no 2 as I understand.... Hope your no 2 can play soon?
Brod40 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I wasn't sure about the new German home kits at first, but I'm sold - great looking strip.

Hummels really ought to start showing up for the National team. I've yet to be truly convinced by any of our centrebacks
2 years ago
My two teams tied    YAY!
Tommykaira (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Even if Germany played with a new system, Ukraine was really good. They perfectly used our mistakes against us. Very nice counter attacks, fast and with good execution. If they can prove this again against a more defensive tactic, they have a good chance to get something out of the EC.

Now, it was an exciting game, but it still leaves a bad aftertaste in my mouth. Some players just made big mistakes. Like for example Götze in the scene for the first goal. Even if your opponent is inside the box, what's this half-hearted tackle? Don't let the ball get through! Or Hummels mistake that led to the second goal. Not enough focus.
Hope they'll concentrate against Holland, or we gonna' get pwnd.
Dreadlord (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Ukraine IS strong!  

IHadYouAll (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Great video. I love it. Saw it first time some time ago really like it lol
SrpskiCevap (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Great game from Ukraine
Rickirick (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Well, considering the fact that this was an experimental team by Mr. Lowe, they played well. A draw is a fitting end to the match
FrozenSpark (Philadelphia Union) 2 years ago
Crazy Nazarenko goal.... Hopefully Ukraine does well in the Euro 2012

Kick4Life - changing lives through football