Forums / UD Levante Valencia
Order: Newest / Oldest
UD Levante Valencia V Barcelona, Apr 14
Ranndino (Barcelona) 2 years ago
That was a very nerve wrecking game. Levante is a great story & they gave Barca a very tough time. I can't remember the last time Barca had so few clear cut chances. They were also very dangerous on the counter as Kone has a real knack of getting on the end of every clearance & is a dangerous runner in open space.

Now to the calls. As usual some people see only what they like to see & have no interest in being objective. There was an incident in the 2nd half that was a carbon copy of the incident Levante was awarded a PK for yet this time the ref didn't call it. Now, I personally think that neither should have been a PK, but then Levante shouldn't have gotten one either. Either don't call either or call both because they were exactly the same. So no, Barca didn't get any help from the refs regardless of what some will always believe.

The PK Barca did get was a cleat cut, stone cold penalty as Cuenca was clearly pushed off the ball with both hands. I will even tell you more. The commentator of the channel I was watching first reacted with this idiotic indignation that many display on here - like oh my god, Barca is getting a BS call again, but to his credit as soon as he saw a replay once he completely changed his mind, apologized for reacting with too much emotion & admitted that the ref made a perfect call. Some of you could learn a bit from this little story, but I know you won't
UtdAllTheWay (Manchester United) 2 years ago
P. S the shove on Cuenca could of have been avoided by the defender if he used his body to guard, so I can't agree with you on the 'stonecold penalty' however the handball from Messi's corner should of been given if Atletico was given for the same cause so I guess its give and take
JRaty (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Whether it could've been avoided or not has nothing to do with it being a penalty. Most fouls could've been avoided, yet it doesn't lessen them. Busquets handball could've been avoided
How many of you dimwits actually From Spain? Or from Barcelona? Probs about 2%, stop jerking off to barcelona and trying to defend them with justifications and utter nonsense. I love football, I rate all good players and clubs but Barcelona has not done themselves any justice by diving at every opportunity and especially in big games (EL CLASSICO's) and even in champions league. Truly unprofessional and ruins what Barcelona should represent; class, quality and professionalism. I don't understand why Pep even puts up with Busquets he's a fking cheat 200%. For that reasons _/_ FCB thanks
First of all calling everyone who disagrees with you a dimwit isn't a good start to your so called argument. Second, why does one have to be from Spain to like Barca? Third, Barca does indeed represent class, quality & professionalism. That's why I like them. Then there are dumbass haters like you who don't want to look at anything objectively & see every call for Barca as some conspiracy while every call against.... Well, those you just ignore because it doesn't fit your verbal diarrhea pattern. Lastly, for a Man UTD fan to come on here & whine about Barca players diving & getting calls? Hahahaha. Thanks for entertainment, mate
And btw, I don't jerk off to Barca & don't defend them with utter nonsense. I look at everything objectively & as such Barca not only doesn't get any preferential treatment, but quite the opposite. We often have to win games despite a bunch of calls going against us. Why do we get so many calls? Because we have the f*****g ball 70-80% of the time & are attacking! That's what imbeciles like you don't seem to get
Maybe there are some rational fans who are actually true supporters of the game and appreciate the game; which I believe I am one of them. I am not hating on Barcelona, besides Man utd I used to rate Barca and still do to a certain extent. What I am annoyed about is that Barca don't need to Dive or try to cheat to win games or win decisions by crowding the ref etc. Then there are left wing Barca Lover boys who defend everything and anything and hate on everyone else, oh.... Your sarcasm directed at Ashley Young's 2 penalty winners? At least he was touched. Don't tell me you gonna' defend all the melodramatic dives we have witnessed from Barca? At least admit that and I'm cool
If you're a true supporter of the game, then you wouldn't try to single out Barcelona for diving. Real does it. The Italians do it. United does it. And no-one *needs* to do it, do they? When I point out the fact that Young dove, or Ronaldo dove, or Di Maria dove, I'm not doing it to condone the fact that a Barcelona dove. I'm doing it to point out the hypocrisy of people singling out Barcelona for diving
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 2 years ago
By the way, are all United supporters from Manchester?    Pregunta muy interesante, me parece
2 years ago
Well how can you support a team with divers like Young, Nani Berbatov and Rooney?
If you watch Cuenca's first touch; its actually a bad one and if the levante player kept his hands down and just barged the kid then its not a penalty. Therefore not a stone cold penalty. But the handball by levante player from Messi's cross is similar to Busquet's handball so maybe that should of been given
Exactly the point I've made in a bunch of my comments. Somehow this incident is completely ignored by all the Barca haters.... As usual. That play was a carbon copy of the play Levante was awarded a PK for!

The penalty we got was a clear one. What do you mean if he kept his hands down? That was a big time push with both hands! That's like me shooting you in the face & then someone coming in & saying well, if ranndino didn't have a gun that wouldn't have been a murder. Zero logic, mate
I am talking about the game in general, if anything the first PK should of been given for handball the second was a mistake from the defender and could/should of have been avoided. The refs are never consistent and lately seems like they ruin games as much diving c*nts not just all barca players.... But mainly just look at the last 3-4 EL Classico's, should there been as many red as it was produced? I think not if there was not as much as playacting involved
'Dont tell me you gonna' defend all the melodramatic dives we have witnessed from Barca? At least admit that and I'm cool. ' still haven't admitted to that point proven, so much for rationality and objectivity! On that note over and out thanks for the entertainment :>
The handball could've been avoided as well, so by that logic that wasn't a stone cold penalty either.

Personally, I don't count the penalty awarded to Cuenca as a dive. He went down easily, but he was clearly shoved of the ball by the defender. And as it was with both hands instead of with the defenders shoulder, it's a clear foul. Now, if you're talking about some past event, then I'm pretty sure no-one is claiming that Barcelona players never dive. The thing is, people are trying to single out Barcelona for diving, even when other teams do it just as much if not more. This is pure hypocrisy, and is what Barcelona fans take a objection to
2 years ago
@UtdAllTheWay, there should have been many more red cards in Clasicos. Watch the matched if you're about to say anything about them
Doron (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Everyone dives. Eeeeveryone. On every team. To say one team dives more or less than another is improbable. Unless you're so obsessed about proving Barcelona dives and cheats the most then you can watch every game played by top clubs in the past 4 season and count every single dive, send it to a major newspaper and publish a diving statistical analysis "Football statistical analyst with no life finds Barcelona dives more than any other team". I think people scrutinize Barcelona a little more because like someone said on the forum, they have set the standard so high that they shouldn't ever win a game with a penalty, corner, or a lucky deflection. So we won a few games this year with penalties and lucky deflections. So what? We possessed the ball more, shot more, and pressed more. We deserved to win. Simply because we were better
The1boss (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Oooeeeff one of the sweetest penalties I have ever seen!
Grandeinter (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
"Penalty decision was debatable, admits Guardiola after Barcelona's win over Levante"

Link: www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/spain/2012/04/14/303723...
Debatable    De·bat·a·ble/diˈbātəbəl/  Adjective: Open to discussion or argument.    Thank you Captain Obvious!
Doron (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Grandeinter you're really fixated on this huh?
Daniel85 (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
Nice combination for the first Barca goal

Kick4Life - changing lives through football