Forums / UD Levante Valencia
Order: Newest / Oldest
UD Levante Valencia V Barcelona, Apr 14
FootyFan11 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
That was no PK the Barca player just got out muscled - it was a 50/50 for both of them, If Sepp Blatter doesn't introduce video replays for the officials next season refereeing will get much worse ಠ_ಠ
Grandeinter (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Hope this does not ruin Levante's hope for champions league qualification...
Jerrold777 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I think that fifa and uefa believe that smaller teams don't deserve to get critical calls, and 'iffy' decisions should also go to the bigger clubs
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 2 years ago
Barca + penalty = must be conspiracy

No quality in your excuses for parking the bus at Camp Nou or for losing Fabregas. Get over it. Go find a new girlfriend to stalk
Jerrold777 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Honestly, after seeing barca play lately, RM is better this season for sure
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 2 years ago
Have you seen Madrid play lately? Other than Gijon, they've dropped in form. Used to be 10 points clear, remember?
JRaty (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Which is why Real Madrid has lost three times, drawn twice and won zero times against Barcelona, right?
Madridista174 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
^ have you already forgotten the copa del rey final?
Real Madrid isn't in the Copa del Rey final this year, Bilbao and Barcelona are. Real Madrid got knocked out by Barcelona, in case you forgot
Npo1996 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
He's talkin about last season, when real madrid won 1-0
Npo1996, yes I know, but Jerrod777 is talking about Real Madrid being better this season, and this season Real Madrid hasn't won a single game against Barcelona. Yes, they won the last years Copa del Rey, but that's the only game they've won in 4 years
Kain (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Wow levante's penalty call hmm...
OK, so ronaldo and messi both have taken 12 penalties this season. So no more "penaldo" jokes
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Fair enough
Tikitakafcb (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Their two great players, Even-though I am Messi fan I enjoy both of them Ronaldo has some qualities that Messi don't have and vice-versa. Don't compare just enjoy
Gnorn (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Barca were confused that the opposition had stolen their colours
Princeofla (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I know I was confused waking up 4 am in the morning for a game which started at 6
Osman2793 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
It funny to see so many people Mad that Barca won lol, let hope the Real Madrid choke is complete and Barca win the treble, the hater may explode with rage lol
[account-removed] 2 years ago
That's your wish? Well I can a team that doesn't win anything hopes same for other, nice man
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Tell*
ManoK (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Elfenomenomeno.... For the 823947239742012341293 time you can edit your msgs.... Why oh you see a and e d I t why oh you are m s g s!
Gotta' tell him how. Go over your post and theyll be an edit and a report button. Logically, pick the edit button
Consiliere 2 years ago
Barca has two types of goals:
1. Tic-tac, tic-tac
2. Messi dribble-dribble-dribble

And rely on 75% possession de balon. Effective but very boring
Reventon (Barcelona) 2 years ago
What's more boring is kicking the ball up the field and expecting someone to recieve the ball
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Not just expecting.... "hoping" to score a goal
Princeofla (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I'd love to know what you find exciting
- First off, much respect to Levante. Yes, they kind of parked the bus but there was a danger about them at all times and it was a coherent, tactically great performance. I am impressed by what this team does with its tiny budget. Let's not forget, they are also the only non-Barça team to beat Real Madrid all season, all competitions.

- The first half was frankly among the worst I've seen Barça play in the Guardiola era. Minutes 15-45 were a genuine Worst of Barcelona, lots of useless possession, a defensive slip-up, high crosses for short players, uncreative attacking, weird mistakes. The second half was much better. Messi showed up and Iniesta's proved he's invaluable. Xavi had had a bad first half, so I understood Guardiola did the swap; Cuenca played well.

- Now, of course, the penalty. It was soft; everyone who calls it a "dive" a) has never played football, or be) weighs 3000 pounds or see) just has to hate. At this speed and with the centrifugal force involved (excuse the lingo), you cannot stay on your feet. Whether or not there was a foul is a completely different story. In my opinion, it was a borderline shove which you can call, but a very harsh decision. The fourth official gave it, and he had a good view. Marca, interestingly, said it was a penalty. The commentator on Canal 6 (Spanish, pretty neutral) put it best, "it was no scandal to give it and it would have been no scandal not to give it. " Sadly, this is a kind of statement you hear far less often in football than it is actually true
Tikitakafcb (Barcelona) 2 years ago
To All Barca Fan's we do not have to prove the penalties we get, we have the best dribblers in the world and some days we will get soft calls in our favor cauz we will have the most possession and we will be in the opposition box more often than any other team.

So whether ppl like it or not the probability of us getting a call is much higher than anyone other team cauz most other teams get in to the Barca box mostly when they win Corners
Safouane (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Cuenca did it again, he did it against Hospitalite(I can't remember exactely the name) in copa del rey

Great. Next time Ronaldo gets a penalty, I'm gonna' post a dive of his from some other game. I'm sure you'll be like "oh sh#t, this proves everything, I'll stop being a Real Madrid fan right now. "

Go troll on your own page
Osman2793 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Messi's first goal is class
Messi's second goal is dive
Nope, the second goal was a penalty. The penalty was soft, but there was contact. But I understand how you might be confused, after watching Real Madrid play week in and week out you must be used to penalties being the result of dives, don't you?
BearWithFish (Manchester United) 2 years ago
That was a pen, Ashley youngsters pen was soft, this wasnt
Chuminator19 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
So good to hear that from a Man UTD fan. Bless your soul. 'grats on another title too
Lol @BearWithFish, if you did not watch the match have the decency not to comment please, Cuenca tackles Levante player from behind, even Barca fans from previous pages are agreeing...
Grandeinter: I don't think you understand football rules
ChaosStriker (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Messi: 5 defenders covering him, scores anyways
Soccerfilipe10 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Five defenders none man to man. Mention one world class defender in world football. There are none it is a dead art. No one wants to be a defender and coaches are stupid because they always coach zone defending. The only people that have been able to contain him have been Zanetti (39 years old) and Nesta (35 years old). There are no more maldini's
Fifaman1017 (FC Barcelona II) 2 years ago
Nesta has performed well against messi but in the last ac milan game, messi destroyed him
DESTROY HIM HOW, WITH 2 PENALTY?
Topshotta (AC Milan) 2 years ago
LOL! Messi struggled against a then 35 year old Nesta in the group stages, and still struggled with a just turned 36 year old Nesta without his pacier partner Thiago Silva in the quarters. Imagine if Nesta was just still 30. Gtfoh Fifaman! And Soccerfilipe10 is right. World class defending is a dead art. I can't think of one defender Messi plays against in La Liga that anyone would consider legendary 10 years from now. Not one! The standard of defending today is a joke!
Nesta is a legend but lets be honest here for a second, Messi actually missed open goals as well as Thiago, Xavi which isn't typical for Barca. Within the first few minutes, Messi was one on one with the keeper and he missed (which he usually puts away 9/10 times). He "opened" up the Milan defence and Thiago shot it wide even though he had all the time in the world. That 3-1 score looks awfully close but the fact is, Barcelona was making unforced errors. You have bad days like that even if you're Messi. Nesta did a good job but if Ambrosini had been cautioned for all the hacking he was doing a la Pepe, Milan would be playing with 10 men

Kick4Life - changing lives through football