Forums / UD Levante Valencia
Order: Newest / Oldest
UD Levante Valencia V Barcelona, Apr 14
Blueandscarlet (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Just imagine after everything Barcelona went through this year we win la liga.... It will be Epic
Donchino (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Just on Wednesday, Higuain got a similar penalty that killed Athletico off.... Why would Madrid fans and other heaters claim this is not a penalty when no one complained about Higuain's?

Anyways as long as we got all 3 points, I don't care about the conspiracy theory.... Welcome to camp Nou Madrid
Cali86 2 years ago
I complained...
Well you seem to be the only one then cos others (Except Barca Fans maybe) saw it as a clear penalty for real...
Cali86 2 years ago
It ruined the game. Atletico was doing actually pretty good until that BS...
Manita (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I thought I was the only one that felt that call killed the game off.... When they get such calls, It's well deserved but when it's Barca it's conspiracy and cheating....

Nice to see someone that's not bias in his thoughts
Nman (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@Donchino The foul on Higuain was a clear penalty. This one on Cuenca was soft. I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but a soft penalty is a soft penalty. Honestly though, I don't care. I'm focused on the EPL
Nman, How is Higuain's different from Cuenca's? Higuain's wasn't a push or shove.... It was a shoulder to shoulder challenge.... Both were soft but were given.... I don't see why Madrid are complaining
Eye3rowser (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Every single team has controversial calls called for and against them. Every. TEAM. Barca, Madrid, ManU, etc. We all hate divers and hate bad decisions by referees, but they've been around forever and they'll continue to be around. Diving is a despicable tactic and repeat offenders (Busquets, Suarez, Pepe, Ronaldo, Nani, etc. There's one or more on every team) deserve to be punished by the league or FIFA harshly.

I won't hesitate to call out barca players for being divers or refs for making a crap call in barca's favor, but don't try to act like the team you support has not gotten any controversial calls or does not have one player who's a big puss.

The fact is, deep down inside, we all love it when our squad gets a lucky break from a shitty call. But the moment you get the short end of the stick, you're justifiably pissed off. All true fans are hypocrites with short-term memory loss. I am, and so are you
Applejuice (Arsenal) 2 years ago
The difference is that it seems like barca is consistently getting controversial calls in their way
It's probably a mixture of Barca having most of the possession, and the high degree of difficulty in refereeing a game with frequent divers.

But if Wigan had 70% of possession and spent most of their time in the attacking third, they'd be getting a lot of penalty decisons as well
Danman (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Madrid normally score a couple more soon after after they get a lead, so perhaps it's less notable when things work out in their favor. Anyways, this was soft, but from where the referees were standing, you could see how they would give it. The defenders hands were out
Ivica (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Sorry AppleJuice, the difference is that Barca is consistently winning. That's why haters are trumping up fake controversy
Grandeinter (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
There are big teams throughout history never once we seen this kind of hatred...
Jepc92003 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Well Barca is biggest one so obviously not other team, especially d big ones are gng, like that lol
Cyk343 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
This comment has been removed.
ಠ_ಠ    No
Barca goals from the spot mostly crucial. Real Madrid even though have more penalty most of them usually 1 goal out of 4 just like the one at Vincente Calderon
There are 29 points and 60 goals separating Barca from 3rd place. They wouldn't drop a spot if they held hands and skipped across the pitch for each of the last few la Liga fixtures
Cfroyalbaba (Mohun Bagan AC) 2 years ago
Summer of 2008,

Madrid Prez: "i seriously think that if we are to win it all in the next 5 years, we gotta' invest 100+ million euros. That'll derail Barca no prob. "

4 yrs/1 major trophy later,

Madrid Prez: -(O_o)-, wtf
@ Grandeinter

Stop hating already. Against Athletico Madrid at the Benebau, Real got a PK and a red against Athletico to equalize and turn the game around. Before that, they were a goal down and not really in control of the game. I'm sure you won't consider that crucial because final score was 4-1 or 5-1. Folks are really dumb here
Lol sorry didn't see the Barnebau part...
Fair enough...
Just hate it when Barca play this game against small team, , , I could care less for those in Milan or Chelsea but this, , , against a Champions League hopeful.... As I stated before NOT HERE TO discuss other teams...
Claiming that you are not here to discuss other teams is a weak defence. Just like in legal issues, everything is based on precedent. You don't make a claim and then ignore reference to all other similar issues
Well the problem is I'm NOT HERE TO defend RM, if you have anything to say about Inter I would gladly argue with you....

YOU don't SEE lawyer USE oh. J. AS reference IN trying TO WIN A CASE.... Now what it seems is you are doing just that.
I couldn't care less what you think you are to do. You come here to haul accusations of favoritism at Barca but you don't want to answer questions in return? Lol. Wrong place buddy.

Scjb045 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
@Cyk343. That's hilarious coming from a Real Madrid fan. Madrid would be behind Barca had all refereeing decisions in Barca and Madrid games been done correctly this season
@ Ivica this is Barca page, if you want to criticize other team BE A MAN AND complain ON their PAGE...
Lampardlove (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Like drobga said barca IS A discrace...
Like Mourinho said, Drogba is a diver
Who care what drogba says.... He can't even win African Nations cup vs Zambia. If that was Barca, they'll blame refs too
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 2 years ago
Sounds like Drogba's had too many fake concussions
UDECHILE (Univ de Chile) 2 years ago
Poor Drogba.... His whole career was just spelled out in a few lines above jajajajajajaja
Say what you want about Drogba, at least he's doing good with what he can. Link: www.thedidierdrogbafoundation.com/gala.html... The Didier Drogba Foundation, helping the people in Africa.

What GOOD HAS ANY barca player HAVE DONE TO THIS world. EVEN THE whole barca squad combine IS NOT EVEN HALF THE MAN didier drogba IS!
JRaty (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Grandeinter, as long as you stay quiet, people won't know how ignorant you are:

"Leo Messi Foundation has offered Argentine children diagnosed with illnesses treatment in Spain and funds covering the transport, hospital and recuperation costs."

Link: www.fundacionleomessi.org/index.php?lang=en...

Link: www.totalbarca.com/2010/news/andres-iniesta-gives-...

Link: www.uefa.com/uefa/socialresponsibility/adhocpartne...

Link: www.uefa.com/uefa/socialresponsibility/adhocpartne...

And the list goes on
14Hesus (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Well, it's the Camp Nou in a weeks time! A Barca victory will surely derail are. Madrid
Cali86 2 years ago
Listen to what this hater said.
"Guardiola has spent the whole game pressuring the referee.... " Valdo, levante player.
Unbelievable all these haters man....
Lmao....
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 2 years ago
You must have not watched the match where none of the Levante players surrounded the linesman and tried to intimidate him to no end.

Go Juve
Rmcfdbest (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I don't think a player can use hands to shrug off another player.... Definite penalty.... But a soft one
Yeah, doesn't look like a dive either since Cuenca was still trying to win the ball as he fell. The guy's just a weakling
Compadre (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
What match were you watching? Cuenca kicked the defender and fell to the ground. If anything he should have been red carded
Janeaire84 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Man, in the same sense, foul on Iniesta should've been charged with penalty as well
Rmcfdbest (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Compadre its true.... Making the most out of the situation.... I don't think its only with real and barca players
Compadre the push clearly came first. The trip of the Levante defender came as Cuenca was going to the ground. You're being too much of a fan to go on and say Cuenca deserved a red card
AntiFutbol (Club Tijuana) 2 years ago
Levante proved to be a difficult host. Not only were their tactics highly defensive, but when they challenged for possession they were able to move the ball comfortably. They made less concessions than the average Barcelona opposition. Their physicality was very imposing and it showed in their strength and experience. You could just notice how they were muscling Barsa out of the ball.
Also, it shows in how remarkably difficult it was for Barcelona to probe and through. If you pay attention to Messis first goal, it was assisted from Sanches from the tight space of 1 or 2 a meter.

On the controversial penalty. Levante's defender did not play the ball, he went for Cuenca. Yes Cuenca pushed back and tussled but the defender could of slid for the ball, but he chose to muscle Cuenca out of the ball. My question is, as a defender, why would you do that? Why run the risk? Did Cuenca make the most of that contact? Absolutely but the burden falls on the defender for not being cunning enough to play the ball and fast enough to be able to do so,

If there was call that clearly deserved a penalty to be awarded, it was the challenge on Iniesta late in the game. The poor Manchego flew of the ball as he got body slammed by the defender. Levante were lucky not to get called on that one.

Also, even though the grass in the pitch was high, it should be no reason why you cannot dominate the opposition. But I understand how it affects the rhythm of play due to its drag on the ball.

Over all, an anxiety inducing game.

Deserving Victory for Los Cules.

Cheers!
Cfroyalbaba (Mohun Bagan AC) 2 years ago
Mascherano just keeps on getting better and better. All it will take for Madrid to 'over take' Barca this year is for them to win one trophy. Just one.

I hope Bilbao runs Madrid into the ground at San Mames.

Yeah I believe they gng give a really hard time this year 2 Madrid because they didn't like 2 lose last time at Bernabeu, if I believe of a coach that can really screw Madrid besides Pep that is el loco haha, he's just crazy, my boy Llorente can give a nightmare 2 d Real defenders
Npo1996 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
You never know who will win that match. I think if we need to win to stay at the top, we will. Hopefully ronaldo will come through like against atletico madrid
Why do people hate teams that're doing great? In EPL they said Man UTD are getting all the PKs and SAF intimidates everyone.... In La Liga, they call Barca Cheaters and claim they pay off officials....

What people failed to realize is that you can't win so many trophies if you're not that Good.... Even Juventus and Milan during the calciopoli were very good teams.... As long as defenders keep making some stupid mistakes, they'll be punished.

Every coach can go ahead and pre-write their conspiracy theory even b4 the games involving United or Barca for all I care but the fact remains that they're doing something better than others and that's why they're winning.... If Madrid lose this La Liga to Barca they can go f**k themselves with conspiracy theories cos 10 points gap in La Liga is too much for anyone to close
Haha I totally agree w you except that Manu is doing great lol jk I think they need 2 get rid of chingadito because that guy is your unlucky charm, even Noel Gallagher said it, d guys is a lil "ediot" I promise I won't cheer 4 City, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool if you guys get rid of him...
Hmfreestyle (Manchester City) 2 years ago
This comment has been removed.
Man city will never win anything Until they Stop Playing victim.... You guys complain just about anything.... Please try and win games first before Complaining about officials...
WOW, , , Barcelona complains every time they don't get result their way.... Never heard Man City complain...
ZIDANE0510 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Great Job Barca! All you need to do is win the league!
Messi's just 2 gud 2 be taken 4 granted, he's d best baller I've ever seen, he's on his way 2 get his 4th ballon d' Or
4ever (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Gud job barca.... Keep it up...
GOOD JOB REF, , , KEEP IT UP.... There corrected your spelling mistake...
Luvdgame (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Mate mate.... I wonder why people like you come on this page to say bullshit.... In a game where a team gets a penalty called against them, had one ruled out and had one in favor.... And you talk about favoritism....come one mate.... Be real...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football