Forums / Tunisia
Order: Newest / Oldest
Tunisia V France, May 30
NickP (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
They should just get Blanc now
Cruyff14 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
France is rubbish, they won't make it past the first round...
Persebaya (Persebaya Surabaya) 4 years ago
The team is actually not rubbish.  Too bad, the coach is
Ahavor (Manchester United) 4 years ago
And how far France is going to go with this kind of football?
Tanmay 4 years ago
I think they'll easily go through the first round, they'll get their act together...
M1keey420 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I doubt it! The form Mexico and Uruguay are in at this present time.... France does not stand a chance.... They will be lucky if they even beat South Africa.... France has been going downhill ever since they won the WC.... Never the same.... Same goes for Italy!
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Not a very convincing draw for the french, I'm sure they would have wanted to go into the world cup with a better result than this, but then england struggled as well, I think a lot of the teams can't wait to the wc starts, and its showing in their play in these friendlies
Silverwolf (Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata) 4 years ago
Many people here forget that these are just friendlies, and the performance of France in the WC can change completely.... All the matches before the competition have no relevance. Last but not least, Les Bleus are a world-class squad, players like Gourcouff can easily win a clash "alone", specially if they face teams with poor history like Mexico or South Africa...
Sargentoblanco (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
What does history have to do with anything?
Ireland would have left out France if it wasnt for the handball and the irish don't have much history do they?

I hope Mexico and Uruguay teach a lesson to those cheating french bastards
EfrenBarca (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Sargentoblanco.... If you weren't a Madrista, I would probably say you absolutely right
Guardiangel (Chelsea) 4 years ago
France average showing at it's best.... With a poor coach like domenech they can't even beat a team like hull city...
Silverwolf (Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata) 4 years ago
Speculations are useless. I mean, we can say also that Ireland could have won in his stadium, or that the irish could have scored one more goal in France. It's over: France is in the WC, and Ireland will watch it on TV.

And history of each team determines hierarchy. Which one would you choose for a semifinal: Brazil or the Republic of Korea? Italia or Ghana?
Sargentoblanco (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Brazil-Korea are is too drastic a comparison, on the other hand an above average team who is on amazing form like Mexico facing an extremely poor French squad who has great players is more likely to succeed.

I think football fans should take a team's recent form over how they played in the past, or even the names their squad rounds up.
That said I think both Uruguay and Mexico could beat France if they got their hearts into it, but as you said its just speculation and everything we say before the 90 mins are up will be just that
Borg (Manchester United) 4 years ago
France seems to always dissapoint in the build up and then perform well in the WC
Trepa64 (Bordeaux) 4 years ago
Well last World Cup was different because Domenech decided to recall back Zidane & co just before it started, and they did take the lead of the squad during WC 2006 I think. This time the "ancients" lol aren't there anymore, excepted Henry who seems to not be really concerned by the team. It was a young team to rebuild, and we took the worst coach ever for this. Fail =(
Nutcracker (Arsenal) 4 years ago
So much individual potential its unfortunate
Persebaya (Persebaya Surabaya) 4 years ago
Despite the draw, I think france played better than england did against japan
GunnarH (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yeah man. Almost always
Zizou324390435 (Olympique Lyon) 4 years ago
Sargentoblanco: stop bitching about ireland, that was a while ago. Theres always gonna' be bad referee calls in soccer, just deal with it.

Also, its not as if ireland would have qualified is france hadn't scored that goal. The aggregate score was 1-1, and france would probably have won the pk s.

Finally, I don't care about friendly matches because they don't count for anything. So long as france does well in the world cup, I could care less. Allez les bleus!
Ltm017 4 years ago
Thank you very true.... People need to just get over it and move on
Yeah I was sorry for irish at the end of the game, but if it would have been them scoring and getting qualified on a hand ball, I don't think they would have gone tell the ref "no cancel the goal, there was a handball" that's, unfortunately, part of football
Metal4Us (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
There was a cat in stadium good match from tunisia ! France became really weak !
Metal4Us (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Maybe France could pass the first round, Uruguayan team is really dangerous thus for all south Americans specially those ones and Chile
I think that Mexicans have regressed a little due to stopping their match between April and June or July but they could qualify they have more chance than French south Africa always create the surprise in international competitions so I think maybe they will do it again
I still think Mexico will grow in power during this competition and will cause many troubles to our team unless we also grow in power too
Iamlegend 4 years ago
This france team looks not so strong.... I wished domenech called nasri
Andreiya (Persib Bandung) 4 years ago
He hasnt recovered fully.... And many rising stars from france ligue as well.... Hard call though
RdeRuijter (PSV) 4 years ago
Will be an exciting poule with Uruguay and Mexico
Cyrilyon (Olympique Lyon) 4 years ago
I hope we'll progress
Megared (Liverpool) 4 years ago
France has gotten weaker, due to their coach

Kick4Life - changing lives through football