Forums / Trinidad and Tobago
Order: Newest / Oldest
Trinidad And Tobago Chat
Ninjato (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Well it seems that TNT won't make it to the world cup but at least in the U20 in Egypt!
Thias (Chelsea) 7 months ago
Alh064 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I think TNT play today but I am not sure.... Not many fans here!
Mafiaboss (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Can Latapy take the team to the highest highs? I know he hasn't been given a fair chance yet but I don't think he can with this bunch of players. He won't receive the discipline or respect he needs to do so. He'll be better served coaching from the under17 level come up and then he will stamp such a mark on T&T football that we will reign again in concacaf...
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
All quiet in here, where are my Soca Warrior supporters...
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Soca Warriors still haven't been paid from the last World Cup......

The ’Soca Warriors’ are making it clear that they have not settled the matter of World Cup 2006 bonuses, currently before the local courts, and they are not going to give up. Seven of the 13 players embroiled in the four-year legal battle held a press conference yesterday at the President’s Box of the Queen’s Park Oval- along with their London-based lawyer Mike Townley-to address what they claim are statements by Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (t&tff) special adviser Jack Warner on the hustings that the matter has been settled. Present yesterday at the press conference were goalkeeper Darlington FC goalkeeper Kelvin Jack, Sunderland FC striker Kenwyne Jones, USL First Division defender Atiba Charles, North East Stars FC CEO Brent Sancho, Anthony Wolfe, Aurtis Whitley and Cyd Gray.

Of the original 16 players taking legal action against the Federation, 13 are still awaiting a judgement on the matter. The UK-based arbitration body Sports Dispute Resolution Panel handed down a ruling two years ago Wednesday, that awarded the players 50 per cent of corporate receipts from the World Cup, after they took legal action against the TTFF for unpaid bonuses promised by Warner.

’If we have to be the martyrs for this then so be it. But at the end of the day, this intimidation has to stop.'

Link: www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/7255-soca-wa...
Hey guys, did you watch this match?

San Jose Earthquakes forward Cornell Glen jumped in the second period of Tuesday’s practice match between the Trinidad and Tobago National Team and a TT Pro League select XI to score the winner for the Warriors in a 2-1 result. The practice match set up by the Warriors head coach Russell Latapy to continue evaluating his players attracted a small crowd at the Hasely Crawford Stadium that witnessed an even contest between the National Team and the Pro League select XI.

Full article here:

Link: www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/7286-glen-re...
Dwight Yorke to take on Everton in Sydney FC farewell

Sydney football fans will be able to fulfill a long-awaited wish next month with confirmation today that former Sydney FC favourite, Dwight Yorke, will wear the sky blue shirt once again as a guest player in the pre-season match against Everton Football Club. Yorke, who was Sydney’s and the A-League’s highest profile recruit in the inaugural season in 2005, was an unparalleled favourite of Sydney FC fans and was instrumental in helping to attract new fans to the game.

“It’s been four years since I had to leave Sydney FC and, although I enjoyed my time at Sunderland afterwards, I always thought there was unfinished business with Sydney. I had a fantastic time with the club and the other lads in the team and, of course, Sydney is a fantastic city, ” said Yorke from Port of Spain, Trinidad today.
All the best Yorkie!
Lol, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills :S
Trinidad and Tobago's men's national football team is known as the Soca Warriors. Last year proved to be a year of sheer disappointment for the small island nation, finishing dead last in the final round of 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification through concacaf. One of the members on that Soca Warriors side that gave it a valiant go is midfielder Chris Birchall of the Los Angeles Galaxy. A member of the 2006 team that competed in Germany, Birchall will look to ease the pain of qualification failure with success in Major League Soccer.

Currently, Birchall has made 36 appearances for Trinidad and Tobago, scoring four goals while making a splash at the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany. But while he has the honor of being a Chaconia Medal recipient, Chris Birchall is not satisfied with earning a national award in the land where his mother was born. This year, the White Soca Warrior himself, the no.11, is pursuing a prize bigger than a Chaconia Medal: an MLS Cup
More Soca Warrior news:
Collin samuel is determined to hit the ground running after the summer break, writes Gordon Bannerman. The St Johnstone striker opted to cut short a holiday in his native Trinidad and Tobago to step-up his training regime. Last term, the one-time Falkirk, Dundee United and Toronto attacker was frustrated by injuries which reined-in his appearances. He bounced back from cartilage surgery before the curtain came down but admits he still wasn’t operating at full speed.

Full article here:Link: www.socawarriors.net/foreign-based/7310-collin-sam...
Dwight Yorke is going to play a belated farewell match for Sydney FC against Everton! I wonder if he still has the legs at the age of 38? Also, I wonder if he'll play as a striker or as a central midfielder......I wonder if he's going to keep playing as a professional from now on....

Link: www.perthnow.com.au/sport/soccer/dwight-yorke-to-p...
Dwight Yorke returns to Sydney FC:

Link: www.sydneyfc.com/default.aspx?s=aleague_photogalle...

And the photo gallery of the Sydney FC vs Everton game:

Link: www.sydneyfc.com/default.aspx?s=aleague_photogalle...
Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior men’s team were held to a 0-0 draw by Belize in a friendly international at the Goal Project, Belmopan on Friday night. The T&T team, playing before 5,000 fans, used the match as preparations for the upcoming Digicel Caribbean Cup while Belize is preparing for the uncaf Cup which is their qualifying phase for the Concacaf Gold Cup next year. The “Soca Warriors” however, on the heels of a 3-0 defeat to Panama failed to take charge of the encounter and had to settle for the draw.

Link: www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/7628-mens-se...
ManUtdTILLIDIE (Manchester United) 3 years ago
How come they don't have the match against guyana?
I don't know.... I guess only high-profile games get uploaded on the sites that footytube gets the videos from
Latapy, who is under pressure to justify his us$40,000 a month salary, has until the Digicel Caribbean Cup finals in December to get the team into shape after a string of moderate results.

Link: www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/7810-latapy-...
Becks was in Trinidad! I didn't realize this was happening....

Link: www.thefa.com/TheFA/WorldCup2018/NewsAndFeatures/2...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football