Forums / Tottenham Hotspur
Order: Newest / Oldest
Which Striker Does Tottenham Need To Buy This Summer? Who Will Be The Best Fit For Our Style Of Football?
Nippro (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Negredo, cavani, hulk, aguero    Other than this for instance crouch is just stupid!  
Cry789 (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
We're not going to get Aguero, Cavani, or Hulk. Aguero is a wage-guzzler, Cavani warrants 45 million pounds, and Hulk wants to play for a side that will win the league next year. Negredo possibly, but he could be a Premier League flop. Adebayor, Ba, or Gyan. Two of those would do fine.

We need a proven Premier League goalscorer, not a world class striker who could potentially be a waste of funds.

We need to move to 4-4-3, Ba has proven to do well at that formation, Adebayor is a good header and can get tons of balls from Bale and Lennon on the wings
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
If I'd seen this compilation, of a player who can strike the ball equally as well with both feet, I would have said BUY HIM!

FayJay (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Pavlychenko is actually a quality player. Unfortunately he has never been given the chance properly to shine for Tottenham, as he is not one of Harry's favourites. Instead robbie keane was favoured over him; up until he left, and then crouch was the new favourite. In my opinion, had Pavlychenko been given a starting line-up position and played regularly. He could have had the potential to become our top striker, which we desperately needed the second half of this season.

But instead we now have to splash out on new strikers, and seems are selling him off. A waste in my opinion
FayJay (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Also, same goes for Defoe; after his return to squad from injury, he's been replaced by Crouch (who harry feels sits better with VDV's role) and has been given little chance to regain his form, leading only to short bursts of brilliance
Last season both Pav and Defoe did really well at times. This season everything went overboard to shape the team around VDV and Bale as creators and goal scorers. More trust should have been put into the strikers, for them to pile on at least 15-20 goals. Both Pav and Defoe are certainly capable of doing so!
Look at these two wicked strikes from this season.

With his left foot against Bolton:

With his right foot against Young Boys:

It seems as if Pav heard your call  
Rowntreee (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Just play pav more. Look what he did today!
KylePedersen (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
He had one fantastic strike with a ton of space and one lucky deflection. No doubt he's a good player, but if you pay attention his first touch is often terrible and he will lose the ball unnecessarily. Spurs could do better
AidanLuca (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
I think Pav is brilliant
Sikundermalik (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Its really aggravating to think Redknapp would waste his money on someone as unpredictable as scott parker. He's too much of a scrappy player to in my opinion be consistent. And if this rumor about Ruud van nistelroy is true. God help us. He's far too old
Surely there's no intention of dragging Ruud van Nistelroy to WHL !
I'm not particularly keen on Scott Parker either, not quite sure what the point is to get him. The main chunk of the cash available should be spent on a superb striker
Sikundermalik (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
That's what I'm sayin.... If we're going to spend the money its gotta' be worth every penny. And if that means we have to spend a little more then we hoped then so be it. With last seasons performance from our strikers its necessary if we want a top 4 spot
From the local Tottenham newspaper, Hornsey Journal:

Harry Redknapp admits that he is constantly frustrated by the inconsistency of Roman Pavlyuchenko, but insists he is yet to see a better striker in any of his scouting missions abroad.

Pavlyuchenko started on the bench against Birmingham on Sunday but came on to score two second-half strikes, taking his final tally to 14 in all competitions, ahead of Peter Crouch (11), Gareth Bale (11) and Jermain Defoe (nine).

The Russian finished the season just one goal behind Spurs’ top scorer Rafael van der Vaart, who netted 15 times in a highly impressive first season for Tottenham.

Redknapp admits that he is desperate to get the very best out of the lackadaisical 29-year-old, and has even asked Guus Hiddink, the former Russia manager, for advice.

However, the Spurs boss is also acutely aware of Pavlyuchenko’s qualities, stating that none of the strikers on his radar have looked as good as the man who is already in his squad.

“Pav has so much ability. You watch him in training every day and his movement, his finishing, he’s top-class, ” said Redknapp. “Some weeks he looks top drawer and some weeks he isn’t. You don’t know what to do really, it’s a difficult one.

“I’ve been speaking to Guus Hiddink about him. He came here to the training ground and I said: ‘I’ve cuddled him, shouted at him, I’ve tried everything’. He said: ‘You won’t ever change him. ’

“Pav’s a great guy, a smashing boy. He doesn’t have a bad bone in his body, he comes in and trains hard every day. He’s just so laid back. Some days he’s at it and some days he’s not. When he is, he’s fantastic.

“He’s a mood player. He has dynamite in his boots, you could see that on Sunday. He can do that, 25 yards out – bang. He has that ability and he’s a clever mover.

“I’ve been to France three times and I’m looking at these players and thinking ‘they’re not as good as Pav is’. They are very hard to find, people who are better than what you’ve already got – unless you’re going to pay massive money.

“i think he’ll stay next year, he has so much ability. I’ve had no problems with him, I’ve played him regularly – I played him up on his own at Chelsea. He got the nod over most of the other strikers towards the end of the year. ”

While Redknapp has repeatedly stated that he is looking for a new striker this summer, the Tottenham manager insists he has not written off Robbie Keane, who will return to Spurs after his loan spell with relegated West Ham.

“i haven’t written off Robbie at all, ” said Redknapp. “He is a top-class professional who has played over 100 times for his country. He has to come back here and play in the team. ”

However, Keane is not so positive about his prospects of returning to his pomp at White Hart Lane.

“i have only got one year left there [at Tottenham] so I am sure they will probably want to do business on me, ” he said.

“The chances in the Premier League for me are fairly slim. For me it is about enjoying my football and playing as much as I can – maybe going to a team where I can help the younger players that are coming through.

“i am not getting any younger but I will go back and see what happens. I am a Tottenham player and I am sure they will want to get a bit of money for me.

“Whether a Championship team would pay that, that’s another problem, but I want to play in the Premier League for the next couple of years. ”
Pleaaaaseee just don't take keane back, you'll just crush that guys spirit
KylePedersen (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
"While Redknapp has repeatedly stated that he is looking for a new striker this summer, the Tottenham manager insists he has not written off Robbie Keane, who will return to Spurs after his loan spell with relegated West Ham. "

Face. Palm. Ugh
Wingson (Ipswich Town) 3 years ago
What can they do? It's up to Keane what he does, where he stays, where he goes. Harry can only decide whether he plays or not
Cavani has signed a contract extension and declared he wants to stay in Napoli. So that was that fantasy gone...
[account-removed] 3 years ago
So who are the Possible options left for us to sign?
Hspurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Kevin Gameiro
Lokiara (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Leandro Damiao, a 21 year old from Internacional recommended by Sandro and one of our scouts.

Falcao has a release clause of only 26 million from Porto, not sure if he would leave seeing as they just got Champions League, and Arsenal is interested.

Harry is reportedly looking at Gervinho, though he's more of a winger/second striker.

And then there are the older players we're being linked with, such as Drogba, RvN, or Klose.

Oh, and it's possible that we could bring Berbatov back.
The rumour is that Klose might in fact go to Norwich.... I don't really want him at Tottenham. It would be like another Robbie Keane (who by the way yesterday scored again for Ireland)
Lokiara (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Yeah, definitely not saying I want him, just listing who we're being linked with. Oh, and I forgot that Pablo Osvaldo guy, which I don't get. His stats don't seem that great. Out of everyone we're being linked with, I want Falcao the most. He's a pure finisher, and he's great with his head, which is exactly what we need on the end of all those delicious Bale/Lennon crosses
We need Kevin Gameiro, Moussa Sow, Adebayor, or Gonzalo Higuain
ShelfsideMax (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
I dunno if I could bring myself to welcoming Adebayor to the Lane despite his undoubted quality, having said that I was thinking the same thing with the signing of Gallas but he has got his head down got on with it and has won me over
Gameiro has signed a four year deal with Paris Saint Germain
We should loan Adebayor, not sign him! Make him prove himself first. He definitely has the quality but has attitude problems. What he really needs is motivation. Also, he seems really keen on joining us
ShelfsideMax (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
How about Klose who is out of contract this summer? Maybe a good short term signing? Happy to see us linked with Gyan this morning as I think he's quality and already playing in the prem. Its hard to keep track with which striker seems to be the priority target as its a different player each week!
Klose has just signed a two year deal with Lazio
Sergio Aguero should be our new number 10. We should try our best to get him
Aguero is just a fantasy. There's no way we'll get him at this stage
Cry789 (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Osvaldo: 13 goals in 22 league starts, two subbed on. That's not too bad, you know. He's more realistic, or we could perhaps get Adebayor, Gyan, or the likes
Pedroza!
This guy can't score in the Mexican league so maybe he can score in the Premier League.
He scores 1 goal for every dozen matches. So by the end of the EPL season he'll have 3 goals!
Wow.
Redknapp has confirmed now that Giuseppe Rossi is his main target and has been for a long time. The problem is that we'll probably have to pay close to 35 mill to get him. Apparently we almost managed to get him last summer, when the fee was approx 18 mill...
I thought it was 30m. I hope we can offer for example Kranjcar to them in exchange. I think he would fit well there. Niko is probably leaving anyways. We just really need a good ST like him, please get him Levy!
I heard it was 35m euros but 25m pounds.... Anyway, we can offer Gio Dos santos to them. They'll prefer a striker as a direct replacement
Leandro Damiao has signed a new long-term contract at Internacional
Vucinic, Rossi, Damiao, Aguero are now gone. The biggest loss for me is Aguero. Pricey guy but he's damn good. But too much wages

Kick4Life - changing lives through football