Forums / Tottenham Hotspur
Order: Newest / Oldest
Which Striker Does Tottenham Need To Buy This Summer? Who Will Be The Best Fit For Our Style Of Football?
[account-removed] 3 years ago
The Transfer Window brings great excitement to the (football) world since it paves way to the vast changing of the ramifications of our beloved sport in relation to our own respected clubs and loved players.

A single signing can bring forth major change in the outcome of a team's morale and standings. A newly bought player can act as a missing puzzle piece and fulfill a club's full potential from Middle table to European Adventures.

One player can change everything, who will that be for Tottenham?
Rowntreee (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Hmm I think Hulk would fit best. He has all the qualities we need. His tall like crouch, his got a lighting shot like Pav and is a finisher like Defoe. If we bought one player in the summer it should be Hulk!
I'd like too see him with us but I think he's price tag is loco
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Hulk is far from Crouch's height (like 20 cm....). In fact even Pav is taller than him. I don't know if he'd be the right man for us, maybe. For now I'd like to see our strikers get more playtime and instead play VDV in a midfield role
I'd agree with Rowntreee about Hulk, but we need to remain objective as well. Even if we could afford Hulk.... Would he stop playing in the champions league and play in the UEFA League next season? The ability of us being able to sign a top guy would highly depend on us being able to finish in the top 4 again.

If that doesn't happen, then we'll need to look at Wickham, or another youth player with a lot of potential. We definitely miss strength up at the front, in my opinion
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 3 years ago
Please take Mutu from Viola.... Please? Before he melts down again.... I mean, he is the best ever! No really.... He is fast and can score and gets along with everyone.... No issues at all.... Really.... Please?
*looks suspiciously at Reidscott* I thought you were a Spurs fan!

My flatmate was Italian, and a Juve fan. We would discuss about Mutu amongst other things, and his issues with the courts and drug abuse. I feel sorry for him as a player.... Being asked to pay the reminder of the amount was ridiculous. Don't know if any team would take a risk with him again. Haven't followed him this season. Why? Has he been so bad that you want to get rid of him from Viola?
WhiteHartRogue (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
4 players sick out in my mind.  Llorente, Hulk, Falcao & Rossi. The player I would like the most would be Rossi, what a pleyer!
Rossi scored for Italy when they beat Ukraine 2-0. Definitely an interesting player but Villarreal wouldn't let go of him easily. Remember they beat us 4-1 at WHL in a pre-season friendly.... (that time Rossi scored a hat-trick)
Rowntreee (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Yeh I agree Rebel, Rossi has scored some sick goals this season. He would fit the role well
Would be interesting if someone put in a bid for Rossi, which was to be considered, what Man United's response would be. As they have the right (in Rossi's contract) to buy him back, should they so wish
Don't think United would do that, considering that they already have 3 strikers that are fighting for a spot. They tend to play Rooney on the left sometimes, and to me, that shows they do think they have an extra striker to use with a bit of flexibility.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Rossi sign a contract extension with his team back in the summer?
Wingson (Ipswich Town) 3 years ago
I don't think Rossi would chose to come to Tottenham
Luis fabiano I would say.... He fit right into the teams game play.... I know this because toteham reminds me of the super sevilla team that played the same style of football.... They always used to attack on both side.... So yea luis fabiano is the best choice he just love that kind of game style.... That's where he is at his best
No, we don't want another has-been to come and grow old and collect his pension while he warms the bench at WHL. He'll be 31 next season. We need some superb talent with a future!
Stuff going after another striker just for the hell of it, just to join in fighting for a place with the ones we already got. If Harry got the best out of his strikers we have plenty in Pav, Defoe and Crouch. Unfortunately they have scored 20 goals less this season than they did last season...
Reg10 (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Falcao or hulk and ill be super happy    Klose on the cheap at the very least
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Well, lots of unrealistic wishes, guys. First of all, with Crouch, Pavs and Defoe, a Striker isn't the main priority, especially not a 20mil+ option (Hulk, Falcao, Rossi, etc.). Perhaps a young lad, such as Lukaku (if they can keep it below 10mil). It would be a different story if one of the Strikers left, obviously. What is a priority, though, is the defence. In my opinion, if Spurs want to really step up, they need more quality at back. One good left back (BAE simply isn't top quality), a central defender (Gallas is not a long-term solution) and perhaps even a right back
I think you're completely wrong about BAE. Harry also rates him highly, as one of the best LB in the EPL. Some recent stats also showed that he's the player with most interceptions in this EPL season. However, we do need some cover for him. Not sure if any of our two Kyles (Walker & Naughton) can play LB as well as RB.
On RB I guess Hutton might leave, if a half-decent bid for him appears. If Corluka stays, it will be between him, Walker and Kaboul.
In CD there might have to be some tough decisions to be made. Gallas will stay on but will probably only play max 1/3 or less of matches next season. Dawson and Kaboul might end up being our first option. Unfortunately both King and Woodgate might not make the cut. I guess it will all come down to how they look in pre-season preps. Caulker and Khumalo should also come along next season. All in all the squad doesn't look too bad. I'm sure if Harry and Levy want to add to it, it would have to be someone special
Hm, I stand by my comment about him not being top quality, but you do have a point. He is still a good LB and these are quite rare in football. It's also true that Spurs have some young talents such as Walker and Naughton, and Naughton is quite adept at playing LB. I agree about King and Woodgate, really like them both but it's looks like they're finished. I think they should definitely go for a top class defender. Bassong, Kaboul and Charlie are all good and can play on the sides as well, but Dawson is really the only one I see as a certain starter
WhiteHartRogue (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
I now think the 2 players we buy have to be Cavani & Drogba, imagine them to up front, no1 would be able to tame them 2, especially with our pace on the wings with Modric making defence splitting passes, since my last post I don't think Rossi will be leaving Villareal!
Cavani and Drogba together would be a bit awkward. I don't think Cavani would come to Tottehham anyway, but Drogz would be sweet
Cavani would be interesting. Not sure about Drogba.... Someone younger, fresh & keen is what we need to make an impact up front. Not just some primadonna on his way to retirement....

Actually Cavani really looks the part. He has Tottenham written all over him!
Rumour is that Diego Milito is keen to play in the Premier League, and that both Tottenham and Arsenal are interested.

I'd rather have Cavani, if possible. Whether we qualify for Champions League or not, will determine what kind of players we can chase
KylePedersen (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Pleaaaaase no forwards over 26! Milito, Drogba? Maybe 5 years ago.

If it's possible picking up Cavani & Neymar would be stellar. Lose pav and defoe
Fabianofan (Manchester United) 3 years ago
For a start Sergio Agüero Emmanuel Adebayor
Agüero or Cavani.  Adebayor - no way in hell.... !
Adebayor can go straight to hell
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Berbatov leaves United and comes back to Tottenham!
LOL! Given our record, I wouldn't be too shocked. 10 million, you reckon?
Probably more like 12-14 million...
KylePedersen (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
If they buy a 30 year old striker I will be very upset
Wingson (Ipswich Town) 3 years ago
It would depend on the price. If Berbatov returned to Tottenham for 10 million or less, then yes please!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football