Forums / Tottenham Hotspur
Order: Newest / Oldest
Watford V Tottenham Hotspur, Jan 27
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Well Spurs won, but that goal was a long distance bounce, Watford goalie could saved it and would being different result!
SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
That was like one of three times on the night that we actually tested him. Extremely unlucky for Watford, have to feel for Scott Loach
Mad93 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Lol after RVD goal, he didn't seem to celebrate and went straight to the stands and get a drink.... LIKE A BOSS...
Moe6142 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Lol.He knew he was lucky and that they don't deserve a thing from that game

Link: www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/01/28/2870663/...
Didn't deserve it in the slightest, worst Spurs performance I have ever seen and that is not an exaggeration. They had more than three times as many shots on goal and completely outplayed us for 90 minutes.

Only good things to take away are Cudicini's amazing performance and the fact that VDV should get some confidence from his first goal in about a dozen starts. Horrific showing overall :/
BornMANU (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Spurs did suck but nowadays they are showing a quality they never had before.... Winning games while sucking at it
Yes, that is true, but I think all of us are getting a little sick of having that phrase being used everytime we didn't deserve to win. We didn't attack well at all, we didn't pass well, we didn't keep possession (in fact we seemed to want to give it away whenever we had it), and we didn't defend all that well either. Of course you get lucky sometimes, but today's result was a travesty. How we managed to progress is beyond me, how we didn't concede even two goals is beyond me, and how the heck we managed to score by passing like Sunday League players is way beyond me. Ugliest Spurs match I have ever witnessed. Watford should feel extremely hard done by
Variety (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
If that's the ugliest Spurs match you have ever witnessed then you haven't been a Tottenham fan for very long.

We didn't win the cup in 91 by playing thrilling football against the top teams. We got lucky draws and scrapped it out until the semi-final where we absolutely destroyed ars*nal at Wembley.

This for me has good omens about it. We played so well against Man City and lost, so playing badly and winning I have no complaints about
Mate, I was born in 92 Spurs are the only team I have ever supported in any sport. I obviously haven't been a fan for as long as you, but you have to admit that this game was absolute crap. This was miles worse than the Fulham game earlier this season and it was against a team that is battling relegation in the Championship!

I don't even want to count how many times that excuse has been used this season, the one where we all say that playing like s**t and winning is the mark of a really good team. Yes, good teams do need to have that ability, but this was against a team that's sitting 18th in the league under us! And they made a team of superstars look like rookies!

The players themselves are as much to blame as Harry's squad selection. Why he played most of our first team instead of our subs who have been given almost no playing time this season, I don't know. And remember that we only have three days before our next EPL match-up which we should be using to get back on a winning streak. I have no doubt that playing our bench would've produced a game far better than this one
Variety (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
I was born in 92 as well. I admitted we played badly. Harry played a strong side because last year he gave the subs a chance and we were 4-0 down by half time and out of the competition
Well we were about a foot away from getting knocked out this time too.

Our subs did splendidly against Shamrock Rovers both times and also held out well against Rubin Kazan. I refuse to believe that Watford are such a strong side that we need to play most of our first XI to beat them
KidRobe (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Goalie could have done better but nonetheless glad to see Spurs keep on going in the cup
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Unlucky goalie
Stevoman (Stevenage Borough) 2 years ago
We shall see you Yiddos in the Fifth round!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football