Forums / Tottenham Hotspur
Order: Newest / Oldest
Tottenham Hotspur V PAOK Saloniki, Nov 30
PETROS4PAP (PAOK Saloniki) 3 years ago
English people, pathetic people, are you still crying?
SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Petros4pap, congratulations for the win and for outyelling us at WHL but what you did at the beginning of the match really was just classless.

There was to be a moment of silence for Gary Speed and what did PAOK do? Did not stop cheering and acting like utter cocks. Do you not understand why everyone else was quiet and why the players were together on the pitch? You guys really marred your great defensive performance with your terrible behaviour before the game. I'm sorry but although you beat us, I just can't respect your team or your fans after that
[account-removed] 3 years ago
I was in WHL.... You talk about one moment of silence for gary speed.... What happens when you shout contreras? Defoe killed him and he didn't get even the yellow card.... A lot of ppl didn't know about gary speed and they were yelling about political crisis in greece.... I think its more important and may affect you.... I almost forgot it.... Why you spurs fans were showing money to us? You make fun of economical crisis or you mean we are poor? If we were poor we couldn't make this journey for 1 week.... Nvm...
Hey, don't generalize about Spurs fans like that. There are nutters in every group. The problem is that I'm not generalizing about the PAOK fans. The vast majority of Greek supporters did f**k all despite the moment of silence being announced, despite everyone going quiet (but the PAOK fans), despite the players gathering on the pitch. How f*****g blind must you be to not notice all of that and continue to yell like hooligans?

Also, sure Defoe killed Contreras, that's why the kid was up on his feet immediately after the referee disallowed the goal right? Cause dead people can walk, good call.

Also, I like how I congratulated you on your performance, yet you PAOK fans still are so arrogant that you cannot spare a few words for us. Sure we played like s**t but you could not show a little bit of courtesy? Maybe just a bit of encouragement as we completely dominated the second half but just couldn't find the equalizer. This is why I cannot bring myself to respect PAOK fans and Greek people in general.

The first comment from one of you was

"english people, pathetic people, are you still crying? "

Really, calling us pathetic? You beat one of our second string sides, good for you. And yes, a lot of people are crying for Gary Speed, yet you choose to make fun of them. How classless
Listen I support spurs on EPL that was one of the reasons to travel with paok to WHL.... Sth about contreras.... He was out and cirillo came in.... He couldn't walk, he standed on his feet YES but he couldn't walk.... You talked pretty good for our team and as fas as I can see from here you are a truthful guy BUT your problem is that you hate greek ppl not only paok fans(This is why I cannot bring myself to respect PAOK fans and Greek people in general.)maybe I don't LIKE english because THE MOST OF THEM ARE GAYS, drunk ALL DAY AND idiots buuuut I LOVE their football AND I'm talking onlyyy about THAT.... Don't confuse football WITH political issues.... That's WHY OUR GUY spoke LITH THAT.... I VE SEEN A LOT OT comments HERE, about OUR national TEAM, AND ALL THE GUYS instead OF critisizing OUR TEAM THEY TALK about OR situation IN economy.... That's A BIG WIN FOR OUR little AND POOR(others SAY) country against A great ONE(FOR ME).... WE don't HAVE STH ELSE except sports TO MAKE US proud IN OUR country because OUR politics really f***ed IT UP.... I HAVE nothing MORE TO SAY.... AND about GARY speed issue.... Realize THAT greek PPL ARE crazy AND THEY GAVE A LOT OF money TO COME TO england AND after THAT TRIP THEY WILL NOT HAVE enough TO FEED their families.... SO THEY lived THE moment.... MOST OF THEM don't KNOW WHO IS GARY speed SO THEY didn't CARE.... OK you can't repsect THEM BUT AT least LOVE THEM.... BB
LOL and it eventually comes to racism. I'll have you know that I'm Canadian and I actually know a lot of Greek people and have nothing against them in general.

Ya, I'm not reading the rest of that caps lock bullshit you're putting down. Go back to your little hole
Lool.... Nvm.... You are loser.... We saw it yesterday.... AND candians can't TALK about football.... GO fishing OR PLAY curling.... These ARE your sports.... Paaaaooookkk
LOL again showing your ignorance. One of our national sports is lacrosse, it's among one of the most physical games in the world today. Good luck with your economy, Canadian banks are still solid.

I've tried enough times to show you respect, I've honestly had it with you. Go back to your little hole kid
HansUpskirt (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Saying you don't respect Greek people in general sounds racist to me...
You're right, I did take it a bit far. This guy really winded me up and I failed to control myself. I apologize to any Greeks that may have been offended by that comment. I didn't mean it. As a Canadian, I have no issues with any nationalities and come into contact with a dozen different ethnicities every day as well as many people from mixed backgrounds. My later comments showed more sense on my part
Stealo257 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Well done paok, you showed spurs that they don't belong in europa league, and they talk about being in the champions league. Your having a laugh
Did you see our run in UCL last year with a squad that isn't nearly as solid as the one we have now or were you hiding under a rock after the loss to Birmingham in the CC final?
MatinArshavin (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I hate Arsenal fans who love to troll, just get behind your own team and forget about the others dammit
IDmnck (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Dear, Stealo. We're having a laugh at your grammar. Your and You're. KNOW THE difference
Stealo257 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Superspurs credit goes to where it deserves, but you did get thrashed by madrid. Spurs played well in last years campaign but think about overcoming the europa league before getting hyped up over the champions league. Matinarshavin, I don't usually troll but seeing so many tottenham fans taunting arsenals loss yesterday provoked me to do so
Matt612346 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yeah cause livermore, kane etc. Play so much for spurs?

First off spurs don't care about europa they care about getting into the champs league thus why they play europa matches with a handicap side. (where was Scott Parker, spurs best player?)

Nuff-said
You can't just write off a loss like that. Some of us actually do care about Europa League as it is the only place where we can get youngsters some playing time and also keep some of our old heads active (Carlo Cudicini really wanted us to make the next stage and I feel very bad for him as he is such a good, loyal player).

It doesn't really matter what team we played, we should've won. The back line + Gomes (useless piece of s**t) got us trailing 0-2 in the first 20 minutes and after that it was just hard to get back into the game. We dominated the second half and had many chances to score but just couldn't find the equalizer.

The Greeks defended like heros after going down to 10 men (a very dubious red card as Stafylidis's hands weren't raised, I think it should've been a penalty but at most a yellow).

It wasn't our best team, but we still had the power to win this and really should've won it. Now, we're going to need Rubin to lose to PAOK and for us to beat Shamrock by six goals at least at the same time. This is going to be almost impossible as I see Rubin taking down PAOK and us winning maybe 3-0 over Shamrock. So it does look like we just got knocked out of the competition. Disappointing performance overall
SrpskiCevap (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
Congrats to PAOK, well played
Kazzah9 (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Corluka and bassong were f*****g terrible
Daniel85 (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Čorluka played good, he has changed at least 3 positions during the match
AndyCT5 (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Changing positions 3 times in a game doesn't mean you play well, it means he is so sh*t and slow at right back he cost us both goals and that got us knocked out of europe
TANANESH (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Auch! Playing against 10 men and at home. Oh Spuds
Bobbyunited (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Spurs manager must be more happy than sad about the result. English clubs can't survive the europa league. They have to travel so far and the games are usually very far away

And they only have less then 48hrs to prepare for their next EPL match. Champions league teams tend to have an extra day off
FootyNiko 3 years ago
More excuses.... Fans, travel time, lack of sleep? Anything else?
MichalisC (Panathinaikos Athens) 3 years ago
Well done PAOK!
Well done for the team, disappointing display from the fans. Are they passionate? Yes, they are among the most passionate of fans in all of soccer. Respectable? No, not after their behaviour today
Yoga1831 (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Ya.... I thought we were playing away cause I only heard sound from PAOK fans...
Daniel85 (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Yes
FootyNiko 3 years ago
Hmm ok lets just blame the fans now.... Try to divert the attention to the fans.... Tottenham sucked today. Full stop. Fans are fans, no team can control them...
FootyNiko, honestly, what are you trying to do here? We've already said that much, Tottenham did suck. Congrats for pointing that out after we've all acknowledged it.

"Fans are fans, no team can control them.... "

I'm not saying the team should control them, they can do what they like, but don't be surprised if they are considered classless for their behaviour
Tottenham out now?
Need to beat Shamrock and need Rubin to lose to PAOK, need a goal swing of six goals. So, short answer, yes we are pretty much out
Mackiznay (Manchester City) 3 years ago
Shirtless PAOK fans and a weak left Tottenham side
ZidaneJuve23 (Juventus) 3 years ago
Hi guys.... New to footytube.... Just wanted to say that there is a bit of hypocrecy from Spurs Funs talking about fair play when they injured a player with a 2 leg tackle(red card?) and then carried on trying to score against 9. Paok Fans have always been a bit controversial(they are from up north )but that doesn't take away the fact that their team took an historic result, being down to 10 for 60 min(unfair call) and playing like heroes!As far as the funs are concerned.... They won more than 2-1.... You could hear them up to Bristol lol.... Well done Paok.... And Spurs just take the lesson and concentrate on the Premier league.... But stop bitching about the 1 min silence.... Different cultures.... In Greece sometime they tend to sing on that minute in ordere to be heard(AWAY games).... BUT they don't stab people just for the fun of it.... Every culture is diferent!
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
They don't stab people just for fun? Oh, that's good to know. So only when they really deserve it, is that it?
ZidaneJuve23, why do you feel the need to suck up to the PAOK fans?

"but stop bitching about the 1 min silence.... Different cultures.... In Greece sometime they tend to sing on that minute in ordere to be heard(AWAY games)"

I don't know any culture in which it is more respectable to be loud rather than quiet when honouring the passing of a legend. What you have said is total bullshit.

Historic result but I'm really not impressed by the behaviour of the fans
FootyNiko 3 years ago
1 minute silence is an anglosaxon thing, many cultures do not have it. I learnt it the hard way too.... It does not apply to many people.... Different context here. Either way, lets not bring up the behaviour of the fans, it seems there is always something to blame isn't there?
I'm not anglosaxon and yet I know to keep quiet to show respect. You're spouting bullshit right there, what culture does not show respect with silence? So you're saying in Greece, teachers are greeted by loud yelling and jeering when they begin the class? I wouldn't be surprised if that were the truth in Greece but I don't think that's how they do things
Threkstari (Arsenal) 3 years ago
FFS.... Cultural differences dun apply here mat.... PAOK played @WHL (if you didn't realize its in england).... If you go to a foreign country you have to respect their culture.... Period

I dun go to your house and demand you to live there by my rules now do I...
If that is the case Threkstari and everybody respects everybodys culture.... Why is it then that when young Brits go away for holidays they get totally drunk, behave badly get naked in front of families etc etc.... You know the script .... Don't try to make an argument that doesn't exist.... There are diferences.... Good and bad.... And Superspurs.... The guy might be a legend here but believe me when I say this.... On the other side of europe he's unknown.... Not that it justifys anything.... The point I was trying to make mat that if you watch a greek derby that happens all the time.... Is it bad yes.... Is it bad when english hooligans get drunk, smesh cities and kill people.... Yes.... But you can't generalise a team, a country.... From things like that.... And bottom line.... Xx
You can't justify bad things by saying it's ok because they happen all the time.

If you did something wrong and I do the same thing, that doesn't make us both right. On the contrary, it makes us both wrong. I'm not saying s**t doesn't happen in England, just that it doesn't justify what the Greeks did there
.... Also forgot to say.... Spurs need to finally realise that they have a good enough roster to compete for the League this year.... But in order for that to happen they need to overcome the inferiority syndroms and win the Derby's...
We beat both Arsenal and QPR, son...
Come on.... Ok for Arsenal.... But I meant City, Man UTD etc.... And you know I'm right.... There is nothing missing this year.... Coach, players all good.... Just some more balls and aggression!
"they need to overcome the inferiority syndroms and win the Derby's"

We have won both London derbies we've played in so far this season...
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Some real rubbish goals we conceded in the first half but how the hell could we not manage to score in the second half!
FootyNiko 3 years ago
Rubbish goals? They were good goals to say the least. Tottenham was playing rubbish, especially their defending...
FootyNiko, you clearly didn't see the game. They were rubbish goals because of the poor defending. You even agree with that point. They beat a defence that killed itself off, they weren't really good goals
Grizlee (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
That wasn't penalty, they try to still Paok. Partizan PAOK orthodox brothers 4ever!
W00sh (Hamburger SV) 3 years ago
I turned off the game after the penalty and red card. Ridiculous decision. He deliberately moved his arm behind his back as quickly as he could and part of the ball hit touched the top of his bicep. You cannot expect him to make a split second amputation on the pitch, and the slight contact with the arm only changed the direction of the rebound. Penalty: vvvvvvery soft, red card: farce. Glad to see Spurs didn't nick it because they really didn't deserve it
Agreed, it was a very soft penalty but he did deny a goal (the ball was going in). However, he did not deserve a red card at all. They definitely deserved it in the end and no Spurs fan has said otherwise

Kick4Life - changing lives through football