Forums / Tottenham Hotspur
Order: Newest / Oldest
Tottenham Hotspur V Chelsea, Apr 15
Flmks (Manchester United) 2 years ago
The scoreline doesn't reflect the game. Chelsea were pretty lucky about the goal and that they didn't have the goalies sent off
ARod9 (Sevilla) 2 years ago
DROGBA IS DA BOMB
Zolamagic (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Poor Carlo
Mercurialmatt (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Drogba had gallas for breakfast
Luckyzino (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Spurs they blame on second coal to caver the other 4  What they wanna say its that goal worth 4
Compadre (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
OMFG! Referees are really messing up the games
Psycer (Seattle Sounders) 2 years ago
Can somebody please explain why Čech did not receive a red card (or a yellow)? I understand that the advantage was given and the goal was scored but he still took out a player who had a clear path to goal. My understanding is that the ref can go back after giving at advantage and discipline players.
Thanks
Jinmeister (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Yeah found that extremely weird too. Refs are really messing up the games, seriously we have good footballers, can't we have better refs? And if they can't ref for s**t, seriously, lets talk about video replays because these wankers really can't ref for s**t. It makes me angry every time because it just ruins really good matches
Zolamagic (Chelsea) 2 years ago
The rules state that if the referee plays advantage then he can only book a player after the incidence if it was for violent conduct. Fair enough really. The keeper has made a legitimate attempt to win the ball, despite it being a foul, and regardless Spurs scored anyway. Not one of the Spurs players complained to the referee about not booking Cech.

I think people are clutching at straws here...
AdamBlack (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Yes, it is true that the ref can go back after giving at advantage and discipline players. And we have seen a lot of keepers see red for play like these. But ref didn't show red here for these two reasons. First, the reasoning behind showing keeper red in this kind of play is not the ruthlessness of the tackle, cause seriously these fouls are pretty soft in soccer nature, but the fact that keeper tries to stop a potential goal threat via a foul play. So in this case, no threat was made to the potential goal in question, cause Bale was there. And second, Adebayor is a honest player. As soon as he hit the ground, he gets back up not pulling any fiasco like Busquets will always do. Therefore, red obviously have no reason to punish Cech
Psycer (Seattle Sounders) 2 years ago
Thanks, I appreciate the clarification.

Zolamagic, my post was more about questioning the rule and learning than wishing Cech was carded.

Africano (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Chelsea chelsea lets f*****g goooo
Jas1826 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Look at the links I posted below, it was a goal, it clearly crossed the line before assuo-ekotto brought it back in play, as you can see from the reply, he is the only player NOT protesting the goal because he knows what he did

Link: www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2604407369338&set=...

Link: www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2604399649145&set=...
Gugainter (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Yeah, it's Drogba, what a goal
GaaWee (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Hope to see this from Chelsea against Barca...
Ranndino (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I simply don't understand how the ref can give that as a goal. To give something as a goal you have to be absolutely sure you saw the ball over the line. Since the ball didn't even come close to being over the line there's no way he saw it over the line, so how can he possibly give that as a goal?! Either he took some LSD before the match & was hallucinating or that's an absolutely terrible decision based on nothing, but Chelsea players' claims. I understand that sometimes refs can make mistakes. They're human. But not like this. He just made up a goal that wasn't & should be punished severely
Look at the links I posted below, it was a goal, it clearly crossed the line before assuo-ekotto brought it back in play, as you can see from the reply, he is the only player NOT protesting the goal because he knows what he did

Link: www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2604407369338&set=...

Link: www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2604399649145&set=...
Stephane (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Great display by chelsea ahead of their champions league game with barça though unlucky for Tottenham and really bad decision from ref. I hope Chelsea will play with same tempo agains Barça in attack and ofc be more solid at the back !
Cfcyusuf11 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Ouuuf this Chelsea are ballin'!

Drogbas goal and the way Lampards ball to him, and Lampards freekick reminds me of the good days of Chelsea.

Hope they play like this against barca, but with stronger defence

Kick4Life - changing lives through football