Forums / Tottenham Hotspur
Order: Newest / Oldest
Tottenham Hotspur V Chelsea, Apr 15
Juliankershi (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Shouldn't Cech have gotten at least a yellow for taking out Adebayor on a breakaway? Possibly even a red (I think he was last man)?

I know they scored but wouldn't it just be advantage with Bale there. I guess my point is if Bale hadnt been there to score what would have happened?
Kraybon (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Would have been a red
ChrisSartin13 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
And a penalty. The ref could basically count it as a pass and well it is the sacrifice you make. Either way it's a goal. I don't see how sending the keeper off would have effected the scoreline
Swearingen614 (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Playing a man down would defiantly effect the scoreline.... Plus the gift goal from the ref.... But it doesn't matter because it didn't happen
Kamol (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Before the game G. Bale said, Spurs are stronger than Chelsea, well now he has keep his mouth shut!
Dannymorales21 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
No team is stronger then bad decisions I suppose
Goooner04 (Western Sydney Wanderers) 2 years ago
Gareth bale is full of s**t!
Gan3o (Chelsea) 2 years ago
16/04/12 Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea
19/04/12 Chelsea vs Barselona
21/04/12 Arsenal vs Chelsea
25/04/12 Barselona vs Chelsea
29/04/12 Chelsea vs QPR

Really hard schedule! I am worried for my team fitness
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Hm dude, are you living in the future, all your dates seem to be one day ahead! Hm, we have a time traveller in our midst!
Krazykrunchy (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Lol Chelsea was gifted this win. They get the goal that did not exist, then Cech does NOT get a red card for taking out a player! Hahaha Just imagine if this happened for Barcelona (or even Man you), all the whiners would be crying their hearts out!
Let's talk on 21/04/12 Arsenal vs Chelsea. Drogba will blow your net
ChrisSartin13 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I'm not a Chelsea supporter but I'm guessing you didn't see the scoreline. There weren't exactly "gifted this win. "
Krazykrunchy (Arsenal) 2 years ago
The goals would not have happened if they were 10 men and the psychological effect on Tottenham of being 2 goals down instead of 1 goal is big.

Would have been a totally different game
There was no red card because because Bale played on a scored. It's in the rule book. Also, I strangely remember the other 4 goals Chelsea scored being fully deserved.... Tottenham were lethargic and got outplayed.... Plain and simple
UnseenChelseaFa (Chelsea) 2 years ago
@Krazykrunchy - It would only be a sending off if Cech had denied the opposition a goal scoring opportunity. That was not the case as the ball fell to Bale and he scored so your point is invalid! Also last time I checked we put 4 (not counting the ghost goal everyone is complaining about even though new pictures show it could have been a goal) past them. Were the other 4 goals also gifted to us?
[account-removed] 2 years ago
@Krazykrunchy yes and I'm sure it would have also been a totally different game if Drogba forgot to shampoo AND condition his luscious locks before the game. Hypothetical time paradoxes suck don't they?
Xviian (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Red card for cech? He let him off and adebayor dive, lucky bale is there
Npo1996 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
For those who cannot watch matches, wawsport.com is a good place to watch full match replays. This game and the manu vs aston villa game are there as well
Mongolz (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Thanks a lot !  
Npo1996 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
No prob. I figured this would be good when people are in highschool, college, or work, and miss a champions league, an english premier league, la liga, etc. Only problem is the replays hardly ever have english commentators, not even spanish commentators
DEFENDtheBRIDGE (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Where has this Chelsea been all season? Fantastic stuff!
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
We were trapped in AVB's basement!
Regardless of whether or not the ball completely crossed the line it was a foul by Terry when he took out the keeper and 2 defenders. Regardless of whether the goal counted or not 3 more were scored after to shut up any bitching and moaning AND you're ALL still bitching AND moaning
VonBonitoC (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Lampard! What a FK! Accuracy, swerve and power from Mr. Frank, what a masterclass he is
So good to see him score one of those again!
What a fantastic performance from my blues! Chelsea completely wore Spurs down in the second half and unleashed fury in the last 10 minutes. So good to see them execute AND finish all in the same match. Let's carry this over to Wednesday's Barca match!

And for goodness sake, everyone quit whining about the stupid Mata "goal". Yes, it was a horrible call, but I'm pretty sure the 4 other goals scored were what won the match
Adebayor diver
Lampuiho (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Actually, he avoided crushing Cech's already broken head skull
Skymil (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Miss drogba strike like that, been a while to see it. Well I don't know why the ref allowed the 2nd goal, the ref should stop it when too much carnage in front of the goal post. Its hard whether to judge if spurs left behind with 1/2 goals are they able to fight back? But chelsea deserved for the other 3 goals. Well it raise the chance for against barca, but chelsea sometimes miss its consistency, sometimes it performed well sometimes it won't. Well what I believe chelsea has bigger chance than liverpool to win the cup!
UnseenChelseaFa (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Gif of SFL goal.    
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 years ago
HOT SOUP! That was a sexy shot [its them curves I think ]
Ponkalay (Arsenal) 2 years ago
f*****g Mata.... Cheating.... Why he acted like that.... He surely known that's not yet goal.... No standard player....
f*****g cheating Mata....
Rajnish (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Link: www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2736740... It did cross the line. Stay calm, Tottenham never deserved to go in FA cup final. Period
Paulinho26 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
If mata is a cheat what is ashley young? A dirty swindler. Spuds let in 4 goals and there is no redemption from that they lost the game. It was nice to see drogba bully king and gallas at the back all match long
Ref was so close to see that    No doubt about it
Bluesjose (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Mata must have seen the ball go over the line then pundits always say "u can judge if its a goal by a players reaction"
Rajnish, I'm not saying chelsea didn't deserve the win because they absolutely did, but it looks to me as if that picture is disproving your point. The entire ball has to cross the line not just a portion of it
You can give the referee the benefit of doubt for concluding the ball was over the line and he's got a split of a second to do that. It was a scramble in the goal mouth not as if tottenham cleared their lines properly. We thrashed them comfortably.... There's no taking that away from us. We are the ones with a congested schedule and a huge fixture to look forward to in 2 days and yet we still game a team above us in the league a thorough thrashing on a ground which is closer to their home than SB.... Actaully its our second home xx
Honestabe, look at the picture with some glasses on cause you need a pair if you can't see the whole ball has crossed the line in that pic
Honestabe.... Tot I saw honest in your name? Probably means something else where you live.... Lol xx go to specsavers mate.... They're cheap too. Its buy one get one free as well.... Lolxxx
I dunno mate I put my glasses on and had a second look, still looks like its open to interpretation, which also means I can see why the linesman and officials gave the goal. And I'm giving my honest opinion.... Dunno how my opinion could be lying unless I actually thought the ball crossed the line and I was just saying it didn't to be difficult.... Not sure why i'd do that though....

Like I said, chelsea played magnificently and thoroughly deserved the win, dunno what y'all are so worked up about to be.... (yes) honest
Shishir7290 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
The scoreline flatters Chelsea. It wasn't a 5-1 game. It reminded me of the England-Germany WC game. Pretty similar with the ref screwing up and like England, Spurs had to chase it and got caught with the 3rd and 5th goals. On another day maybe the ref could have sent Cech off as well. That would also have been a game changer.

So, Liverpool v Chelsea for the final. Probably on current form, Chelsea would have to be favorites. But Liverpool can't be written off as they have become a cup team and their record this season against the Blues has been good. By the time of the final, Chelsea will most likely be out of the UCL and as per current standing miss 4th as well. So they may be highly motivated or dis-motivated for that one
Joe420x (Chelsea) 2 years ago
The ball rolls off Chech's foot fool.  The ball was over the line.  Why are you on the Chelsea page trolling?
Akimoto (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Well well grapes are sour indeed.
If Bale hasn't tapped the ball in, it surely is a red card but as he did so the ref was spot on to give the goal to Spurs. Know the rules first then write, you pathetic low life
Motivate - demotivate    Dismotivate is not a word
Rayasleung (Chelsea) 2 years ago
It wasnt a 5-1 game, what was it? It could have been more mate. You just saw a team get raped and there's no excuse. We are the ones with more congested schedule and have a huge match ahead which could have been a genuine reason to be slack, but we kept attacking the whole game which gifted them their goal.

It was a throughly deserved win mate, stop being a manure.... It stinks!
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
They put that picture up on Chelsea's official website now? Haha Is anybody else not seeing Modric's head stuck on Walker's crotch? This is hilarious
Rajnish (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Chelsea play more attractive football than MANU. Thumbs up if you agree
Xavi6Iniesta8 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
   They play boring football.    End of mate.
RedLegacy (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Cyk343 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
@Xavi6Iniesta8 Referring to Barca?
Boh2011 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Why Man UTD though?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football