Forums / Tottenham Hotspur
Order: Newest / Oldest
Stoke City V Tottenham Hotspur, Dec 11
Sassysa (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Poor refereeing there!
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 2 years ago
It was fair.    Ever hear of a "Howard Webb"?
Yaqubnoor (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Yeah right like you would have beaten spurs with 11 men
Dream on
Husker (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Poor refereeing or not, Spurs passes, movements were not good enough and Stoke were well organized in the middle. I used to see Spurs playing better than that in their last games
ThorPower (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Very odd game, Spurs were very unlucky. I thought the penalty was a bad call, but the missed penalty calls were even worse
Sylariks (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Foy tend not to call the other pks 'cause he thought he made the wrong decision on 1st pk
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 2 years ago
Peter Crouch - man of the match! Played his heart out! All guts! All glory!
Dinglehater2 (West Bromwich Albion) 2 years ago
He handled the ball for the goal. Shouldn't have counted imo
Smtbgame (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Stoke is a scary team  They've improved so much since their promotion to PL
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
Those long throws are indeed quite scary, each one causes panic in the opponent's box. Interesting to see that the master (Delap) has been passing on his skill to the younger players
Spurs2212 (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Stoke did play hard to maintain their two goal lead. But you cannot deny the incompetence of the ref. Stoke had a few great chances and took advantage. But if you watched the game, I saw 3-4 corners that were clearly kicked out by a stoke player given to Stoke, a goal that was not offside given as offside, a handball not given, and really random freekicks, cards given all over the pitch, :/

I agree with thorpower, such an odd game....

Its a bummer we lost our 11 unbeaten run! Hope we get back on our feet! Spurs win! Ref sucks! COYS
Aatir (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I hate it when refs spoil the game
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I'm sure they hate it even more
NandoTorres9 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Nice dive by Modric to get the penalty. Tottenham can't complain about refereeing decisions because they got a penalty that wasn't a penalty
Oh realIy like when?
Panos1911 (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
NandoTorres is obviously blind. So please don't comment
Modric's fall does look exaggerated, but it looks like there was contact as well. The point is, even if Modric dived, it was a hard one not to call. On the other hand, all those handballs and the non-existing offside were much more obvious
Aatir (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Modric dived. No second thoughts to that
RobValentine (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I rather like Tottenham but I'm afraid that is a dive there from Modric. Not saying that Suarez wouldn't have done anything different or denying Suarez would dive either. However if Suarez had a penalty off this the media would be ragging off on him like crazy. No one will even remember this in 2 days
Khessler (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Yea, because stokes goals were filled with first class passing and completely with the run of play
No way that was a dive. Sure he exaggerated on the fall but there was contact. Ref cost Spurs the game. Adebayor's goal should have counted. Kaboul should have got a pen when he was brought down on that corner and no way he deserved that second yellow. Cheap decision from the ref imo
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Modric did dive, but wasnt there enough contact to validate the pen decision?
Juliankershi (Arsenal) 2 years ago
He had a choice, stay up or fall down. He could have stayed on his feet easily, though there was contact, but he decided to stop moving his legs and fall. Soft pen, but makes up for the one that should've been given. And even with the pen, tottenham were robbed plenty of other times
YidArmy311 (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Do be so hard on yourself Mr. Aatir. He's not coming to Chelsea anymore, he was never going to !
AmericanYiddo (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Last time I checked getting kicked in the ankles is a foul. Whether you say on your feet or not
SrpskiCevap (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
That's a blow to the title hopes, chins up Spurs
Kon91 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Spurs were hoping to win the title? They may be in great form lately but lets be honest, that is fairly unlikely when you you consider the relative lack of squad depth and the favourable fixtures that they have played. Maybe wait until after the christmas period before you begin talking about the title
What's wrong with hoping? He didn't say it was their goal or anything
Nutcracker (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Its downhill for here tottenham. And not because I'm an Arsenal fan, but because I gamble and win on prognostics
Squad depth? Are you having a laugh gooner fans? Favorable run of games? The only team in the top half we haven't played is chelski and you gooners seemed to do alright against them so it can't be that hard of a game
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Well, it's always good to aim high...
Even though Stoke played well, they were extremely lucky to get away with that win. The refereeing was some of the worse i've seen lately. However, Tottenham have mostly themselves to blame, due to that lethargic start. They only started playing after conceding, and the 2nd goal came out of the blue. Still, 2nd half was much better, Modric went into fury mode, but it wasn't enough. One thing that baffled me was the decision to sub Lennon and keep VdV for almost the entire match, he was useless. Anyways, I hope Spurs manage to recover from this fast and start winning again, would be a shame to see all that hard work go to waste!
Dpfka0821 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Other than the horrible refereeing, it certainly was an entertaining match from a neutral perspective
Winger24 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Unbeaten run my ass....
Footyusa (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
That'd be more clever if you supported a decent team
GunzBlazing (Arsenal) 2 years ago
At least we've gone undefeated and won the league. When was the last time Tottenham did that?
Goatfish (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Oh yeah I forgot that Arsenal used to win stuff from time to time
YidArmy311 (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Maybe that was the reason you decided to support Arsenal. It's all about trophies and cups to you, isn't it?! No wonder you foster players like Nasri and Clichy. We are nowhere near to Arsenal when it comes to trophies, but we play some of the best football in the league. And I admire that. COYS
Cartmen101 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Arsenal sucks an will be regulated in 2 years or less    
Ramzzie (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Liverpool sucks no top 4 hahaha
What place is arsenal in?
XXEAXx (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Anyone talking about top four is an idiot, still a long way to go before we even have an idea of who will take 3rd and 4th.

What if Van Persie got injured?
What if Modric got injured (for a long time)?
What if Mata got injured?
What if Suarez got injured?

I'm not saying that if these players got injured for a while their teams would suddenly do crap, but the teams would certainly falter somewhat.

Anything can happen. That is the magic of Football
I don't know about other teams but if persie get injured we got chu young park, his one of the best striker, his just not getting chance
12duffjr (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I think adebayor has realy matured since his arsenal days. He is a real talent harry better make sure to keep hold of him
StokeyLad (Stoke City) 2 years ago
Cracking game, stoke looked brilliant first half, shotton is gettin better and better, he had a great game on the wing, some good or bad ref decisions depends who you support, but I remember we lost out on a point to spurs last season at our place when a poor ref decision didn't giv us a goal that did cross the line, what goes around comes around?
Lol did you see Shotton's shirt. It had like a cloth stitched to it or something to help with the throw ins. Very classy
GoalDigger (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Some poor decisions made, but that's football, you've got to get on with it. The biggest letdown for Spurs came from poor defending
Footyusa (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Some poor defending yeah, I think we'll be stronger though comin' back from a loss. Winning streaks can help you and hurt you at the same time
Hmm I thought the defending in general was pretty good, especially the 2 centrebacks, who were solid and confident. AssouEkotto didn't have the best of games, and there were a few rare mistakes made by other defenders. I think the biggest problem was the shockingly bad opening to the game, which led to the first goal and made things much harder against a team like Stoke
Krazykrunchy (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Only a Tottenham supporter can argue that Modric was not diving. It was an obvious dive but a hard call for the ref so I forgive him for it. Like everyone has said, the ref ruined the game but Tottenham definitely deserved a loss and at the very BEST (and some luck), a tie
Cartmen101 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Shut up your team sucks and won't be up there on the table for long  
Hahhaa liverpool sucks its been a long time since they qualified, they're back in there place again 6th lol  
YASs (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Modric is not diving.... He just to fragile like old granny ! Cartmen101: I bet your club will struggle to fight with spurs for Europa League spot next season...
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 2 years ago
What was the score last time we played you?
Bryant4real (Arsenal) 2 years ago
When was the last time Liverpool were in top 4.... That's like winning the league for liv fans
Toddtalk (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Ignore cartmen101, no one likes him, I doubt he's even a liverpool fan

Kick4Life - changing lives through football