Forums / Tottenham Hotspur
Order: Newest / Oldest
Music Zone
Lioto (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
I'm not sure how to imbed the youtube vids, so let's hope it does it automatically. Anyway I like Admiral Fallow quite a lot and felt inclined to share that.

LeDerp (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Who are your Top 10 Guitarists?

Here's my Top 10.

10. Tony Iommi
09. Van Halen
08. Yngwie Malmsteen
07. Joe Satriani
06. Joe Bonamassa
05. John Petrucci
04. Gary Moore
03. David Gilmour
02. Stevie Ray Vaughn
01. Jimi Hendrix
Mozartriot (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
01. Stevie Ray Vaughn
02. Jimi Hendrix
03. Eric Clapton
04. Jimmy Page
05. Jeff Beck
06. Joe Bonamassa
07. Jack White
08. Tom Morello
09. Dan Auerbach
10. Gary Clark Jr

This is just my preference hah I don't know half the people on your list. Eddie Van Halen is good, just a shame he was in a s**t band
^ I agree, Van Halen was part of a s**t band. It's a shame really
^ I agree, Van Halen was part of a s**t band. It's a shame really
Wtf. Double post. -______-
Yeah I just found they conformed to writing mainstream 80s Rock which is terrible IMO like Guns and Roses sorta stuff blaahhhhh hah. You might have heard it but you should check out 'Respect The Wind' by Eddie Van Halen it was made for the movie Twister, really f*****g mean ay
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Agree with Le Derp, Yngwie Malmsteen needs to be in that top 10. Other strong candidates would be Keith Richards, Ry Cooder, Carlos Santana and BB King.

Another guitar hero of the past was Chet Atkins. Very different music, I know... Here's a session with him and Mark Knopfler.

If this was a name all of your favorite guitarists, BB King would certainly be on it. As well as Mark Knopfler, (I absolutely loved Dire Straits.)

I'll do a bit of research on Chet Atkins. (Loving the video posted above) Thanks for sharing mate!
Try and find Atkins playing the Kentucky Derby. It's absolute genius where he creates the Derby day atmosphere and the horses racing...
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
It should be mentioned that Jeff Beck is a Spurs fan. He appeared on Top of the Pops in the week before our 1967 FA Cup final vs Chelsea. He performed "Hi Ho Silver Lining" and shouted "Up the Spurs" during his guitar solo...
13A1N (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
NO NO NO.... Joe Satriani is always first
Mozartriot (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Stevie Ray Vaughan was better. . .    
You guys should also give this song a listen.    
Gary Moore.    
I'm more into Blues guitar, Obviously this guy can play but someone like Joe Bonamassa takes the cake for me! Very clean sounding guitar player.
As soon I saw "Blues" Joe Bonamassa popped into my head. See that show he did in London? God, his gold Gibson was sexy. And Bloody hell he was brilliant!
Nah I didn't but when he plays a guitar things happen! Hah what a voice as well ay so powerful
   Jimi never gets old lads, sit back and enjoyyyyyy
Jimi was simply the best guitarist that ever lived. It's been 42 years since he left us. Music would've been so different today if he was still here.

Have you heard of Stevie Ray Vaughn? He died a few years ago in a Helicopter crash. Also, Gary Moore, he died in Spain last year. It's sad how some of the best musicians leave us
Stevie Ray Vaughn was a better Guitarist in my opinion, not saying Jimi wasn't f*****g awesome hah
I'd have to disagree with you I'd say that Jimi Hendrix was a 100% while SRV was 99. 9%

I think they're both great. But Jimi plays a right handed guitar left handed. So I gotta' give Jimi this one
HaRdCoReMaN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
   My favourite rapper ever.  I can actually sing this
Eezzee (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Paolo Nutini loving the acoustic performance
Pretty good. Never heard of him before...
Kgb112 (Footytube Moderator) 2 years ago
I guess its time for me to be vulnerable.

I play bass in a couple different musical settings. Here are three

1. My blues-rock band, Jake Salley and the Prospectors: jakesalley.com

2. My adult alternative/indy band, Galanis: galanismusic.com

3. My solo music: kylegreenbergmusic.bandcamp.com
WhiteHartRogue (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Is this you?
[account-removed] 2 years ago
@Rogue, indeed. That's Kgb112 from a few years ago. Got a talented one on the site right here!

Managed to hear just the final video from my phone (not the best sound clarity as I didn't have a good bass boost from youtube.... Which quite limits the experience derived from a video dedicated to the instrument ), and must say, I'm looking forward to hearing more of your stuff Kyle! I know I said it once before, but glad you're keeping up with it!
Lioto (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
I'm liking the stuff from Link: galanismusic.com/ , which songs specifically do you play on in the site?
Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate the kind words and encouragement!    Lioto, I'm the bassist for Galanis
Here's a few more:

JayaReHotspur (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
   Now this is music, Little Dragon is class and so is sbtrkt
EarnYourSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
I'm left confused. I don't know whether to be frightened, laugh or cry, pop a tent, continue watching or get the f**k out. I love it and I hate it. If I was ever in a situation where I needed to be really confused, I would throw this track on
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Well I'm about 15-20 years late but I just recently started listening to The Smashing Pumpkins and I'm loving it so far. My two favourite songs....

From 1993, "Disarm"

And from 1996, "1979"

(By the way, "1979" is from an album called "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" which is both the most depressing but coolest name for an album ever. Lol.)
Yeah, they were good, had their own style
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Apparently they have a new album either out now or coming out soon. I really should look into it. If the songs are anywhere near as good as the two I posted then it's a must buy imo
Headphones just broke and turned mono. Can't listen as yet. But feel free to contribute bud! A very varied collection of tastes forming in here!
Man, I love 90's music. Brings me back to the good old days of lighting s**t on fire and hunting blackbirds birds with my 1000fps BB gun. I'm so glad, and almost proud, that I didn't have to grow up playing with iPhones, and listening to lil' Wayne, and s**t.

I love that LeDerp posted the Toto video. Contrary to belief, there were some good things to come out of the 80s....

Red hot chili peppers, primus, Nirvana were all uniquely awesome. And there were so many great one hit wonder bands, which I think is what's wrong with music nowadays. There's hardly any one hit wonders anymore. Now, once you get popular, you can write any old piece of back alley trash song and it goes top of the charts. The media has ruined everything....
Speaking the truth there fella, too much money in it noe for one hit wonders
I too have only just got into smashing pumpkins, loving them
My favourite song for the past couple of weeks, by Eddie Vedder (from Pearl Jam). I haven't seen the film yet but guess I've got to... Great lyrics for Rogue and whoever else is into the message in a song...
(also see the lyrics on youtube)

Cheers this song is great, very relaxing
Old school musicians are hard to come by in this day and age of throwing everything onto a computer, auto tune and what have you. Being a keyboardist myself, growing up playing on a beautiful grand piano, listening to stuff in the 80s/90s/2000s, I really just didn't appreciate the electronic sound. I've always leaned towards bands that can replicate their music live. That can play the entire song in a take. And in one such search, I found this song. There on, my direction in music changed drastically, and I wanted to share that song with you all.

Epica - Cry for the Moon (Studio recording for a "live" performance dvd)

" I really just didn't appreciate the electronic sound. I've always leaned towards bands that can replicate their music live. That can play the entire song in a take. And in one such search, I found this song. There on, my direction in music changed drastically, and I wanted to share that song with you all. "

We're on the same page, Mag! It's a shame that there are some so called "musicians" that use computers to enhance their voice both on cd and during live performances. Smh.

Btw! Great share. I shall browse more Epica songs!

This is that dvd if you really have the patience. It was their first album. Its 60 minutes, so its a lot to take in! Lol.

The song below is from their fouth album. 13 and a half minutes of just sheer awesomeness in my view. The orchestration, the composition, the operatic singing and the growls.... All just fit in perfectly. The album is a concept album that carries over from their third album, where it touches upon some mythical questions on god, religion (not in an offensive way), and then connects the thoughts to the soul, the subconscience and quantum physics in the fourth album. If it isn't clear as yet, I absolutely love this band :P

Epica - Kingdom of Heaven (Design your universe) - Genre is Symphonic/Progressive metal:

J cole always has a good message in his songs,heres a few I like:

I hope nobody ever posts "Call Me Maybe" in this Music Zone. If you do. I will find you. Then I will kill you. Jk.

But seriously. Call Me Maybe has to be the most annoying song ever composed. I rate this song lower than any of Justin Bieber's songs and even Rebecca Black's!
I'm blissfully unaware of Call Me Maybe and any Justin Bieber songs. Wouldn't know them if they hit me in the back of the head...
I hope you don't live in a cave.... Just kidding! Good for you mate! Do you ears a favour and stay away from that bloody Call Me Maybe song! Hahahaha
Derp. I will find you. And I WILL kill you
There is some trash out there, in England we've got one direction, Cheryl cole & jessie j, all just repetitve shite. The message is it dumbs you down, I prefer music with a message!
Kokm1 (Chelsea) 2 years ago

It goes swimmingly with the sound off !
Thank god for titties.... Without them, this world would be completely intolerable
Liquidator (Chelsea) 2 years ago
No, I do not understand the lyrics, barring help from Google. But the hurdy-gurdy kicks butt, and how!
Eluveitie - Inis Mona

Did I just see Eluveitie posted here? Really? Lol. Right back at you bud. Although, these lyrics are a lot easier to understand

Eluveitie - Thousandfold

Wow, that hurt my ears, lol
Liquidator (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Eluveitie is awesome when research refuses to move forward. Lol

Kick4Life - changing lives through football