Forums / Tottenham Hotspur
Order: Newest / Oldest
Manchester United V Tottenham Hotspur, Sep 29
Joe420x (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Dempsey
TheCheshireCat (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Arnold Schwarzenegger  
Kkrex75 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Giggs-38, scholes -37, carrick-30.... The 1st half midfield is slow and probably the oldest in the premier league. Sure, Scholes is a pass master but someone has to do the running and tracking back for him. The sight of opposition cutting through the midfield like cheese is so tormenting to watch. Time for cleverly and anderson to step up. Thought Kagawa played well on the left midfield and cutting in to attack
TAIM2DAI (AC Omonia Nicosia) 1 year ago
Completely agree with Anderson and Cleverly. While they aren't as good singularly as Carrick and Scholes they work well as a team and offer a lot of energy and movement which is what United thrive on. I also think Kagawa is struggling a bit with the physical side of the game much like Silva did when he first arrived so I think it would be best he starts in low key games until he gets used to it or plays on the left in a 4-2-3-1 much like he does for Japan. I thought he played a lot better in the second half but I noticed that he kept drifting into the middle which forced all our play to the right and when it did come to the left Evans (Uniteds LCB) was supporting Evra instead of Kagawa.

The only other option United have is to invest in a CDM or someone who is willing to go box to box and considering the club hasn't made a move for one in 3 seasons I can't see it happening
ID4VID (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Bale burned Ferdinand so bad on the second goal  
Koolboy1998 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Didn't your team get burnt by torres?!
WhiteHartRogue (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Ferdinand has lost it, he got outpaced on the first goal, and the second, then held off by defoe for the last goal, day to forget for him!
Alfriji (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Bale is flourishing as a world class player. AVB showed what it means for him to grab all 3 points from SAF. Great match!
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
"Did Ferguson just single out Christian Bale for praise? I'd have thought that Willem Defoe and Sandro Bullock deserved a mention as well. " lol
ITenzo (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Ha ha ha "willem defoe" and "sandro bullock" LOL
That was funny!
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
United were not bad to be fair, second half they were surely superior. Sp*rs managing to capitalise on their chances and that's what matters most. Fantastic match of EPL football
Shishir7290 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
A great game, a game of 2 halves. Draw would have been a fairer result. Spurs were brilliant in the 1st half and United were shambolic defensively. In the 2nd half, Spurs seemed to loan in Chelsea's bus. Rooney was brilliant coming on and Scholes had the game in his pocket. Defensively United were so poor, all 3 goals were big mistakes from Rio, Evans, Evra etc. The defence is what can separate United from winning a trophy this season
You would say it deserved to be adraw, but defended well and deserved to keep the lead in theend
NevadaFC (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Nice to see Dempsey playing for a team with champions league hopes
Jeganx (Liverpool) 1 year ago
One thing in common about legends.... They are old.... Utd must regenerate and their youth must step up. SAF should stop using Giggs, Scholes, Rio, etc. The old formula is showing its limits, if this goes on, Utd might end the season trophy-less again
LockStock (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
To be fair. Scholes was very good in this game. I don't think it's fair to put them all in one 'unusable' category, just because they are old
Scholes made 176 passes in total in this game and with a 91% completion rate, had this been Xavi or Pirlo the journos would be purring over his second half performance but they won't because he's English
Scholes was amazing, them passes he spreads about, great for somebody who is blind!
Jeganx (Liverpool) 1 year ago
No disrespect to Scholes, and he is Utd legend, but problem is age is starting to take the best of them. How long do you think they can keep their A game and still do the match deciding passes? In short term they might still be able to, but how bout long term?
KidRobe (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Couple points from watching the match....

1. Ferdinand's form has gone down dramatically since the last 2 seasons, he just isn't the defender he used to be, makes to many mistakes and gets caught out of positions way too much.

2. Nani overrates himself I don't even know why Fergie still keeps him around to be honest, how he started baffles me Rooney should have played in the beginning even if that means putting him as a winger.

3. Bale is fast.... Really fast.

4. Fergie is very hypocritical, he says how 4 minutes is not long enough for injury time and last season he was complaining how City got 4 minutes of injury time in their historic match vs QPR. Another thing he criticizes PSG for paying a huge amount of money for Lucas when he payed almost the same for a young Rooney back in the day. Great manager but he's a hypocrite.

5. Kind of ironic that when United seem to be playing bad they still manage to win the game and when they play really well they loose.

6. Great match, best of the weekend IMO.
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Let's not forget the 7 minutes United got vs City at OT when Hughes was still around during which Owen scored the winner
There shouldnt even have been 4 minutes, there was hardly any stoppages, but I suppose he always expects a helping hand, and he usually gets it
TheCheshireCat (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Really WHR? Really? I thought you were a sensible guy
WillMc (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Am I mental or is injury time for both teams? We just like to attack during it
Gabzta (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Extremely happy for Spurs and Andres Villas Boas. Sorry to say but united will win 0 trophies this season
And Chelsea will? City, Athletico Madrid and Juventus all comfortably looked like the better side when they played against Chelsea and yesterday Arsenal deserved at the very least a draw and would have walked away winners on another day. United have started this season terribly and have rode their luck but apart from Arsenal who have Chelsea played in the EPL? The exact same thing happened 2 seasons ago and United walked away Champions.

Saying United will win nothing this season is incredibly foolish, any real football fan knows you never rule off United
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Great comment. But I don't see anywhere where he said chelsea will win everything, all I see is him saying that united won't win
SmallCar (Chelsea) 1 year ago
He's too sensitive with those words.... Just let him be.... He's harm nothing.... If losing to spur will win champions, then I think most club will let spur win intentionally.... Maybe we should add more injury time next time~
Xxxx (Manchester United) 1 year ago
You'll know next May. MU will win Champions League this season
Toeryisme (Arsenal) 1 year ago
In your dreams!
SmallCar (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Tonight sleep earlier.... !
Guardiangel (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Cool story bro.... If that can make you sleep better after a lost then good luck in life...
Anuj11 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
^^^ Says an Arsenal fan.  
888state (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Nobody seems to be mentioning Vertonghen here.... He was spurs' best player in the first half...
So proud of the team, great defending, great breaks for the goals. Vertonghen, bale, Sandro & Caulker were all immense.
A spurs team of old would have crumbled in that match but we kept it together, well done AVB
Footballfever (Liverpool) 1 year ago
*Apply cold water on burn area*

Kick4Life - changing lives through football