Forums / Tottenham Hotspur
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool V Tottenham Hotspur, Feb 6
Akitoyo (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Good game by Liverpool, although the result wasn't very good. We controlled the midfield and didn't let Tottenham play around with the ball in the middle and shut down Bale and Modric for most of the game. A draw might look like a fair result due to the lack of clear cut chances for both sides (minus Bale's one on one and Suarez's header). Tottenham really made a wall in front of goal though to be fair for Liverpool.

Carroll's looking better and better each time he plays (minus the chance on his right foot in front of goal. What was that?), and Suarez is back!

It was pretty disappointing to see Bale flop to the ground like he did. I thought better of him.
SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
He took a couple nasty cuts to the leg from Skrtel and stayed in the game just fine, so I feel he made up for it
Lordjaggi (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Damn Carrot had the chance
Pranith001 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Carrot sure did...
Inorbit (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I'd say he had two, there was another where he should have first touch belted it across goal, but he's not 'one touch Andy'. Mind you of the big men, Adebayor looked even worse last night. What was going on with him?
Meatball (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Boring
Toatsmuhgoats (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Well, looks like Kenny should have signed that cat instead of carrol, and congrats to tottenham you guys got the tie that you wanted
Misir88 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Really poor game and a fair result in the end. Suarez will inevitably make headlines again but the kick was an accident as far as I can tell. I really hope he's not looking at a 4 game ban for that one, but given the current climate regarding the Uruguayan I wouldn't be surprised if he received further punishment.

An average start to a very tough fixture list
He can't get suspended for it since the ref already saw it
Brucekay (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Yes but the ManU fans plus Rooney & Neville are talking it up. The FA will always be biased by protestations from Man United. So Suarez does face the danger of further suspensions
That's bullshit, they can't change rules around like that though
FuserDT (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Suarez should have played the whole 94 minutes! Carrol what a waste of money! I can think of at least 15 players much better, and a lot cheaper than him
DFlow (Liverpool) 2 years ago
People should really stop saying things about carroll. I'm sure you can find those players but can you find one that is as young as him and is english?
Slackerzx (Manchester United) 2 years ago
DANNY WELBECK
Pranith001 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Lol he got you there bro.... Welbeck is so much better
Rockerr (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Just 15?!
HailGiggs11 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Yeah dflow you're an idiot haha
Sturridge, Sinclair, DFlow, Carroll is useless, admit it
Kon91 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Welbeck, Sturridge, Walcott are all about Carroll's age and miles better!
Leftbackk (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I personally don't think walcott is too great....    Welbeck on the other hand....
Harharhar (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Welbeck is a diver. Better Carroll
KarimT (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Chamberlin
Kodyx (Juventus) 2 years ago
Draw is a fair result. Nice play for both sides
Samhoe (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Carroll is an absolute joke. I feel bad for the Liverpool fans who thought his goal against Wolves last week meant he was going to start scoring.

Carroll, AT BEST, is a mediocre mid-table striker. Just how Adam is, AT BEST, a mediocre lower-table midfielder.

Dalglish should've admitted he was at fault for wasting 35M on Carroll, and got rid of him during the window.

Pathetic honestly. Next year when LFC doesn't have champions league football, Suarez leaves, Gerrard/Bellamy retire or stop playing as regularly, Liverpool is surely to drop to mid-table. RIP LFC
Audentio (Liverpool) 2 years ago
There is some truth here cept for your last statement. That is crap
LuisFigo7 (Benfica Lisbon) 2 years ago
Liverpool is so much more than a team they will never die
Bprice44 (Flamengo Rio Janeiro) 2 years ago
It's been one game since he last scored. I think it a tad bit pre-mature to say he won't build off the wolves goal. If he doesn't score in the next few games, then I'd be more inclined to believe you. Until then, I'm going to hold my breath
Buenos (Aston Villa) 2 years ago
What a w**k. Charlie Adam is as good as your Busquets. Simples.

The only point in your post I agree with completely is that 35M for Carroll was very excessive
Samhoe (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Bprice44: 1 goal every 5 months.... Keep holding your breath.

Buenos: How dare you compare Adam to Busquets?

Busquets has one of the highest pass completion rates in La Liga (If I recall correctly, 92 or 93%). You wouldn't know though so I'll forgive your ignorance
Anyone can complete a pass. But that pass needs to be one that puts your team on goal

I don't think those stats mean too much unless you're xavi

Hadi9266 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
From what I saw, half of adam's passes were back passes
CSKA1948SOFIA (PFC CSKA Sofia) 2 years ago
Rooney and Neville again not minding their own business and calling for a Suarez suspension. That is why nobody likes ManU
Rooneycan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Nobody likes Man you!Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
HailGiggs11 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Haha look at all the coys voting Liverpool awesome. No team deserves an awesome rating unless they get at least one goal
Glauchy (Liverpool) 2 years ago
No teams deserves an awesome rating unless they at least scored decent goals (and not from 4 penalties from 2 games)?
Glauchy (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Oh, from-2-straight-games...
Awesome comes from shutting out bale and modric
Thepredestrian (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I'd like to think of Carroll as my pet dog. I spent a fortune buying it, nurturing it, but after a few months, I got bored of its yapping and the mess that its poo created. For the very first time last week, I was greatly surprised that it was obedient enough to poo in his kennel and not all over the house. My joy was short-lived, however, when it turned back to its old ways today. I'm calling SPCA
Feanor (Liverpool) 2 years ago
LOL at Cat
Matt612346 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Carroll needs to start finishing.... It's getting bad. That was right in front of the goal and boots it way over
Give the guy a break. That shot was with his weaker foot.    He can barely score with his strong foot....
Hadi9266 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
''give a break'' to a striker who can't score 6 yards from the goal LOL okay
Don't go bash other strikers just because arsenal has ONE good striker. Arsenal is lucky RVP caught fire this season. Be grateful
Cudizone (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Leftbackk, I am verrrrry grateful to say the least
Butters (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Boring ass game, and suarez's kung fu kick was totally him. I couldn't care less about what happened with evra, for all I know he might have been telling the truth, either way, that kick was straight dirty
I don't know man, I don't like Suarez either but it looked like he saw the ball in the air and went for the kick. Silly move though, he was never going to get the ball...
Brucekay (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Thanks SuperSpurs. A bit of honesty rather than the emotional crap we keep hearing from ManU fans
Have to tell it like it is, Suarez shouldn't be judged this game just cause he said something stupid a couple months ago. He didn't do anything that bad and he got a yellow for the kick anyways...
That's my point though if you know your never gonna' get the ball and you still go for it...
And I'm not judging based on what he did a few months ago, couldn't care less, not a big fan of evra either
Well, that's why he got a yellow right? It wasn't intentional and didn't deserve a red, so what more do you want the ref to do?
Only suarez knows if he really inteded to kick scott parker....

I'm pretty sure he knew that parker was there though. He pushed off of him just before the ball fell....

If he really did kick him.... Then well.... I guess I'm kinda glad he hasnt lost his poison
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 years ago
"I couldn't care less about what happened with evra" I call BS.

No way it was intentional, he wasn't even looking at parker his eyes are on the ball and parker beat him to it. Its so funny that united players are saying it was intentional and spurs aren't or are at least non-committal
Rooneycan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@superspurs don't try to be something you`re not
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 years ago
@rooneycan.... Wtf?
Kingrooney1 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Mr suarez KINg konG IS back, , so what's the result.... Shhhhh
Realfootballfan (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Your rooney sucks...
Jiffymanutd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Your Torres is amazing
Eezzee (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Ahhahaha ripped^