Forums / Tottenham Hotspur
Order: Newest / Oldest
If Harry Leaves For England This Summer, Who Would You Like As His Successor?
Hspurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
I have 3 choices in mind:
1. David Moyes (Age:48)
2. Martin o'neil (Age: 59)
3. Owen coyle (Age:49)

I think overall, Moyes is the best manager but I'm just worried that his style may not suit spurs. Like Juande Ramos, he's a disciplinarian and prefers the direct, physical style of football to the free-flowing attacking style. I'd say he'll make spurs solid in defence but boring with the ball.

Martin O'neil is a fantastic manager but his record is nowhere near as impressive as Moyes. Also, his teams tend to leak goals(correct me if I'm wrong) and he's 10 years older than Moyes.

Owen coyle is more of a wildcard. His teams play attacking, passing football and are pretty sound defensively but he lacks the experience of competing at the top. His teams, burnley and bolton were fighting to avoid relegation and mid-table finishers repectively.

In conclusion I think Moyes is the best choice but would have to resisit the urge of impose his style of football on Tottenham like what Juande Ramos did
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Well, a good choice of managers available. I'll throw a few more names into the mix.

There have been rumors flying around about Ancellotti looking for a squad to manage in London, considering he has his house there (too expensive for us).

There's Roberto Martinez, as a couple of our regular forum posters have pointed out, who's just as much of a lottery as Owen Coyle.... But he strives for attacking football and does that with a team that season after season, you think "surely they'll be relegated THIS year!".

North pointed out Chris Hughton, and I thought it should be a mention as well. Our very own full back, brought unthinkable strength to Newcastle before getting sacked bizzarely. Now at Birmingham. A risk worth taking maybe?

Personally, I'd go with Moyes. He's having to play direct football and disciplined football cause of the funds he has. If he is given a transfer kitty to play with, I think he'll bring out the best in struggling players and add some really strong players for us as well. Get us organized at the back, get our set piece problems wrinkled out. I rate him extremely high, and think he's capable of managing any team in the EPL. And I mean any.

Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
I'd love to see Ancelotti as Spurs manager. He likes the EPL and to live in London so who knows....
Moyes, Martinez and Hughton could be candidates. I'd see any of those three ahead of Coyle and O'Neill. What about Mark Hughes? Or anyone from the continent?
KylePedersen (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
I'd rather pick a manager who has experience with a top club playing in multiple competitions. While I certainly don't prefer Ancelotti as I believe his style is far too defensive, I think he's currently the best looking candidate
Hspurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Picking ancellotti would be a mistake. We need someone who's good with bargain buys like Redknapp and Moyes. Get David Moyes! He's young but already quite experienced having started management at an early age
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Come on.... Levy can keep doing his bargains, that's not what we chose a manager by...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football