Forums / Tottenham Hotspur
Order: Newest / Oldest
FIFA 13
Eezzee (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
PSN wwaarrdd just bought fifa 13 yesterday
Eezzee (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
I'm in a Canadian eastern timezone fyi
[account-removed] 1 year ago
So, I just played my first online game on fifa with Thornby. I got my rear handed to me on a plate, losing 4 (Tottenham) - 2(Newcastle)! Man, my passing was woeful, and Thornby read my thoughts like an open book There's such a huge difference playing the computer and playing people. Cheers for the game bud. Vengeance shall be mine!

Question though: Typing through the PSN's chat system is horrendous. Anyone comfortable downloading a messenger for us to interact with and set up games easily? Just a thought
Jsfplaya (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
I played Thornby as well. He took Spurs so I struggled to pick a team and ended up with Juve. I ended up with the 2-1 victory, though our signal wasn't to great, so we had a lag. I agree with you saying the PSN chat system is ridiculous unless you have a keyboard connected to your PS3
LeDerp (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
I use a keyboard on my PS3 system. Works like a charm! I can't catch any of you online Time zones suck
Thornby (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
HAHA thanks mag it didn't take too long for you to get revenge lol beating me today....
I dunno if its my connection but lag has been pretty bad.

Jsf that was very good game and you got a well deserved win in the end but might I add it was a late goal that sealed it lol
I did hook up the keyboard myself as well, and while it makes things simpler.... Its so much easier to have some sort of messaging service where we could type in something from the phone. No compulsion on anyone to create/share their IDs.... But if anyone wants to pick any messenger to chat with during games.... Let me know what you'd like to use Derp.... Lol. Next time I see you on, I'll drop you a game request. You're always busy playing seasons or FIWC when I see you online

@Thornby: lol. It was a good game. I played two other games as well, one with Greatscot and one with Metrosbaklava. Both were incredibly close games, but didn't face much lag. Slight lag with Metros, but nothing game breaking like the lag we had the second time around. That was quite bad! I guess the distance between our locations just seems too much to handle for our connections. I play on wi-fi too, can't connect it to the lan cable. 2 rooms away
Just so you guys know, I have FIFA on PS3 as well. I'll gladly take on any of you in a online match or something. I wish we could have like forum tournament or career mode or something cool like that. My psn is the same name as on here: jsfplaya
Changed the layout to make it Latest post first.

Anyone find a gem you'd like to share? Or a player you're just struggling to get the best out of?

I've finally gotten my season off and running in my career mode. I must say, the best purchase I've had so far has to be Christian Atsu! The man is an absolute beast! I've snapped him for 8 million pounds, in case anyone wants to give it a go. I've gone in for two wingers, and frankly, it turned out to be a bit too much, as I expected a lot more injuries than this. So far, only Dempsey was out for 2 months. I've also brought in Ibrahima Mbaye from Inter as a young LB. He's got a great presence with the ball. Tall, quick and the ball sticks to his feet. Would surely recommend him. Brought him in for 1. 4 million + Gomes, I think, but is well worth it! Wouldn't be surprised if he hit the high 80s later on in his peak potential.

The biggest annoyance for me have to be Defoe and Adebayor, as I cannot seem to get the best out of these two no matter what. I'm able to finish pretty decently if I bring in Dempsey as a striker, but these two can't seem to finish even their dinner for me. Argh! Dawson too, seems to struggle for me, especially being beaten for pace
ManOfSteel1999 (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Anyone tell me how to get a the espn layout of fifa 13?
I'm currently participating in the FIFA Interactive World Cup. It's loads of fun and is balanced so that you can use your favourite teams and still be competitive. Every team has a rating of 85. Accrington is rated at 85, Real Madrid at 85 too, and so is every other team. I faced arsenal twice yesterday and won both matches scoring a total of 8 goals and conceding just once. I love how FIFA put in White Hart Lane and put in our "Oh when the Spurs" chant. It's definitely a much better experience that last year's FIFA. Give it a shot. You guys won't be dissapointed
SS, there are a few good young strikers that you could possibly find, like Suarez. I think he's 78, and pretty young. You could wrap it up for around 8 million pounds, and I'm quite sure he'll hit 82-86.

However, if you want an instant impact, I think the first season takes into account those strikers who have a single year left on their contracts. Llorente might be available for around 8 million as well, unverified. General tip guys. Keep an eye out on the contract length left, and you might find yourself some great deals. Sturridge is another of these deals.

Personally, I am happy with my Central Midfield. I'm looking at purchasing Atsu for a lw/rw backup, playing alongside Townsend. I'm trying hard to keep the squad unchanged, but my general dislike for Ade is seeping through, so I'll bite the bullet and sell him and bring in a new striker along with a young LB. There's a kid from inter who looks promising, while Naughton sticks in as RB backup. Will retain Dawson and Parker for one more year before bidding some Levy styled goodbyes for over 30 year olds.

General question lads. Would you prefer the current system for this thread, or a "latest reply first"?
A latest reply 1st    
I bought the Austrian striker.... Arnautovic and the LB you are speaking about from Inter. I also bought Lamela from Roma. I made a lot of transfers because I wanted to add some skill to the squad. On the game, I require at 4 star skill moves out of my strikers. Lol
Cazador (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Love the new game! Still getting adjusted (the embarrassing amount of time I spent on 12 makes the transition harder) but over all I like the new dynamics. I think perhaps the best is the deflation of Player prices.... Perhaps not realistic (we all see the transfers and Chelsea and PSG made) but definitely calms things down a bit.

First and main move I made on the transfer market was for Moutinho.... Didn't want to be lacking a playmaker! He's an absolutely monster, passes like a beast and can score as well. Also Sandro is steadily improving, but I personally like Huddlestone so it's a toss up between the two of them for CDM beside Moutinho. Also, sold all the dead wood.... Including basically the 18 keepers we have soaking up wages
Feels too simple, the player prices. I'm so damn used to Football manager, and this just is a breeze to maintain in comparison to that, but a step in the right direction for sure!

Moutinho is always a good buy!
Hey guys I preordered fifa for Ps3 and I completed a season on manager mode but on the 30 March it freezes everytime, I was woundering if anyone else has had this problem and some advice would be good

Thanks guys
I've started a season, but accidentally did overwrite my own save (don't ask ). So I'm not sure, but I've heard that there are quite of few of these bugs. Disappointing, but I think they'll be patched soon!
EarnYourSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Aha! Fifa finally added Coulibaly to the team! He's 62 overall but I'm sure he'll go up massively in Career mode if you give him some playing time....

On that note, player growth has been drastically changed. Still the same layout and everything, but player now fluctuate a lot more throughout the season. I'm in week 3 of a career mode with Tottenham and Townsend has went up 3 (bale injured....) and Gallas (not a single appearance) has went down 2. I think Fifa developers have combined player growth with player form and, so far, it works much better than it has in previous Fifa's.

I'll also mention that 7 of our 10 outfield starters have a HIGH attacking workrate (Walker, Vert, BAE, Dembele, Sandro, Lennon, and Bale....) and only 3 have a HIGH Defensive work rate (Sand, Demb, Demp). So if you plan on playing with Tottenham a lot make you don't make too many mistakes defensively, or they will be costly.... Btw, I'm 15-4-1 in Head to Head so far and only three or four of the games have been with a team other than Tottenham, so the over attacking lineup hasn't effected me yet....
Feels about right though, the attacking workrate. Just noticed Coulibaly's been added as well. Lol. About damn time!
The order still is approximated at 36 hours, but might come in within 20 if I'm lucky. Lol. The pre-order codes have already been dished out.

Who all have gotten it apart from Derp?

Yo, Derp! What mode are you playing? How's the experience so far? Tried online yet? Disconnects?
I, along with Jsfplaya and Metrosbaklava have FIFA 13 on PS3 at the moment. Waiting for you and the others to join in. I've been having a bitter sweet time with FIFA 13, I got so pissed yesterday. I was losing to Barcelona 5 - 2 with 30 mins of in game time to go. I scored 3 in the last 8 mins to tie the game at 5 - 5. The bloke then quit the match as I was going to score the 6th. His goalie was still in our half as he came up for their corner. I cleared and was on my way to score my 6th. Then boom! No sportsmanship whatsoever. He just quit.

Other than that, It's been really good. I've been playing the 11 v 11 team thingy. It's slightly more difficult 'cause some players don't know the word "teamwork" and just go and try showboating and epicly failing. It's fun when you play 11 v 11 with your friends. It just sucks 'cause I live in a different timezone compared to all my PSN friends. *sigh*

I haven't been disconnected yet! I've had lags, it can get frustrating at times, but it's easy to cope with
Just got FIFA 13! I can't wait to play with you guys!    I'll let you know about any updates of our squad once I get home and play this!
Damn you, Sir Derpington! I still don't get it for a couple of days. It ships after it's released over here. Grr
(Default) Our team rating: Attack 81. Midfield 80. Defence 79.

(Default) Arsenal's team rating: Attack 81. Midfield. 80. Defence 80.

If you turn this new feature called "match day live" on then EA Sports update players and teams ratings based on performance. Cool new feature IMO.

Anyway, I won my 1st match on FIFA 13! I beat Arsenal 3 - 1. Dembele scored the 1st with a header, Bale scored a screamer and Defoe made a clever turn then hit a finesse shot in extra time.

I can't wait to play with you guys!

The chills I get when the fans at White Hart Lane sing "Oh when the Spurs" in FIFA 13.  
WhiteHartRogue (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Is that default spurs with Lloris, Kaboul & BAE in?
^ without Lloris, Kaboul or BAE. Our default squad on FIFA 13 is based on our current squad now. (If you have Match day live turned on) Our defence bumped to 81 when I put it Lloris, Kaboul, and BAE on starting along with Gallas and Walker
Nice, surely can't put us far off a 5 star team then
We're rated at 4. 5 stars along with Arsenal, Newcastle and some others. Man City, Chelsea and Man United are the only 5 star teams in the EPL
Official ratings for our lads. Unsurprisingly, horribly poor.

Missing Livermore there, he's at 73
Lioto (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Vertonghen deserves far higher than that. Pop in Dempsey, Dembele, Kaboul and Adebayor (for Sandro, Sigurdsson, Gallas and Defoe) and those are similar ratings to last year.
I feel we are given slightly below the scores we deserve as we're not part of the traditional english elite of the previous decade.
Also Gomes getting a higher rating than Sigurdsson! It's almost as if they didn't bother watching football last year!
I'd say that's pretty fair, except maybe sandro, you think dempsey getting 23 goals would make him at least 83, they always rate us badly and the others highhly, be Ox is like 80
Vertonghen's is probably the one I'm least pissed off about. Its a well known fact that EA don't rate the "smaller leagues", and players like Vert and Bas Dost.... I don't think they'll be rated too high, although they do deserve it. I think the worst are Benny, Kaboul, Sandro, Caulker, Naughton and Siggs. I don't think coulibaly is still an option for some reason. Kaboul was one of the most consistent performers last season. He's at 79? Just unbelievable.

The pattern is clear in my opinion. They're trying to ensure there is atleast one club per country for online purposes. As long as clubs like ours, Arsenal and Liverpool are given high growing youngsters, we'll be "happy". Watch a lot of our players max out around the 82- 84 mark
I understand Sandro's rating, his playing time was reasonably limited, and whilst we spurs fans know how good he is, he maybe hasn't had the playing time to demonstrate that.
Bae and Kaboul probably should be higher ratings, but I'm not too annoyed as they aren't awful ratings just slightly discriminative to a 'smaller' club
A team that was 3rd for the mjority of the season should be rated a lot higher. Have a look at Arsenal and Chelsea and I bet they are rated a lot higher, its a joke
It is a joke, but I can bet you there are more arsenal/chelsea 'fans' especially from Fifa 13's target audience and so they're bound to just suck up to them
EarnYourSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Since you posted this.... Walker, Kaboul, Dembele, and Defoe have all went up 1 overall. Dempsey up 2 overall.... And Parker, Dawson, Jenas, and Mason all down 1 overall
Isnotfish (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Nobody else is on xbox?
My late Xbox suffered the horrible red ring of death after just over a year
I think a few members on the Chelsea forum and Arsenal forum are on X-box. We can still get a footytube league going for the Xbox version
Hey Guys my PSN is thorndogga

Kick4Life - changing lives through football